You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Probably a super standard PLO spot that confuses me.

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic

I'm still rubbish at this so go easy....

Is the turn here pretty much a check fold? As I have a low set, alot of my FH outs are taken away, I'm not gonna be chuffed getting it in if I make an under-housse.

Is this a simple check fold?

And 100% check/call with top or 2nd set? 

I'm copps, thnx

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to copps18xxx [5d 9c 8d 8c]
georgzaza: calls $0.05
horito37: calls $0.05
Ivory1: folds 
StankoHR: calls $0.03
copps18xxx: checks 
*** FLOP *** [Td 8s 9h]
StankoHR: checks 
copps18xxx: bets $0.15
georgzaza: folds 
horito37: calls $0.15
StankoHR: folds 
*** TURN *** [Td 8s 9h] [6h]
copps18xxx

Comments

• edited June 2011

it a check fold for me, if you pot raise and he reraises then he has a straight and if he calls then he could really have a bigger set either way your behind, if he does fold then your only pocketing a small amount anyway.

• edited June 2011
    Check call a small bet obv, he makes it significant I fold for precisely the reasons you mention.

Kind of depends on stacks aswell.

At the level your playing I likely peel, being very cautious on all but the nut river cards.
  • edited June 2011
      Well you are probably in as bad a position as you can be. You are playing OOP on the most draw heavy board imaginable. The turn card is a blank to be fair so the chances of you getting a fold to any bet is negligible because anyone who calls on the flop will call on that turn.

Let us think about opponents calling range on the flop. JQ( would only flat if really bad) JT, JK, J9,J8,J7. TT,T9,T8, 99(unlikely with 9 in your hand). These are if we are dealing with a player with any knowledge. If we are up against a fish then we would have to bring in AA,KK,QQ, JJ QT KT and AT.

So we can see that we are ahead against most of his range(even allowing for multiples).But there is no way to be certain of this and with such a draw heavy board we could easily lose to most rivers. This is for me a time of caution and you should be looking to check/call a small bet or check/fold to a large one. For even if ahead here you are only drawing to 1 safe river card. This is a good gamble spot for you but i would be looking at gambling here with at least position to judge from and enable pot control.You can easily find much better spots than this to get your money over the line especially OOP.