You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Line check 3 please........Gaaaarhhhhhhh!

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Continuing on.  Same table 50/1, same theme bet sizing thought process.

Hand 3

Pretty solid player raises to £6 UTG, spew box calls in the cutoff, I find A's in the SB.  I make it £30 to go as spewbox will call light here.  UTG raises folds AQ (shows me at end).  Spewbox doesnt really like it but calls.   Pretty evenly stacked @ 320ish back.

9hAh2s £70ish in pot.  I overbet here to maybe look like i have Q's/K's, hoping to get paid by a 9 or case A.  Like I said spewbox.  Also to enble me to get my stack in on turn, if he's holding a hand he thinks he can improve on when pot stuck for £210 pot with £220 back.  So I bet £60, he snap calls, no real thinking going on.

9hAh2s Qc.  £190 in pot, £230 back I'm playing this hand OOP and the speed and vacant way he calls gave me a strong feeling he holds two hearts mostly.  I feel like if I jam here he'll fold, but I dont want to see a card come off either.  I do a rare check raise, feeling strongly that he'll bet.  He opens for £60 (?), I snap jam £230.  He reacts like he knew it was coming,  He does a little speech to himself about calling £170 into £480 with his last bullet. 

But I have given him pretty much spot on odds to call, the difference being in the implied odds in any case.

He calls hitting the 4h on the river for nut flush.  Think I just have to stick it in on turn here really OP, but my instict being he'd fold, but maybe I shouldnt have got tricky and took pot as was, or give him wrong odds to call, but being happy if he calls and misses.

Over these 3 hands can you see a great deal wrong?  I dont really know my own mind at the minute.  Feel free to pick any of them apart.  Input gratefull received :)

Comments

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Line check 3 please........Gaaaarhhhhhhh!:
    9hAh2s £70ish in pot.  I overbet here to maybe look like i have Q's/K's, hoping to get paid by a 9 or case A.  Like I said spewbox.  Also to enble me to get my stack in on turn, if he's holding a hand he thinks he can improve on when pot stuck for £210 pot with £220 back.  So I bet £60, he snap calls, no real thinking going on.

9hAh2s Qc .  £190 in pot, £230 back I'm playing this hand OOP and the speed and vacant way he calls gave me a strong feeling he holds two hearts mostly.  I feel like if I jam here he'll fold, but I dont want to see a card come off either.  I do a rare check raise, feeling strongly that he'll bet.  He opens for £60 (?), I snap jam £230.  He reacts like he knew it was coming,  He does a little speech to himself about calling £170 into £480 with his last bullet.  But I have given him pretty much spot on odds to call, the difference being in the implied odds in any case . He calls hitting the 4h on the river for nut flush.  Think I just have to stick it in on turn here really OP, but my instict being he'd fold, but maybe I shouldnt have got tricky and took pot as was, or give him wrong odds to call, but being happy if he calls and misses. Over these 3 hands can you see a great deal wrong?  I dont really know my own mind at the minute.  Feel free to pick any of them apart.  Input gratefull received :)
    Posted by AMYBR
    few things!
    betting 60 into 70 isnt an overbet,
    trying to rep qq/kk and hoping to get paid by 9x doesnt make sense.
    if he has a bare flush draw he needs the pot to be over £680 for his call to be profitable so he made a mistake calling the shove which is good for us!

run better!
  • edited June 2011
    60 on flop is fine against this guy. Unless he likes to raise draws I fire turn about 100. hand is fine though ul
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Line check 3 please........Gaaaarhhhhhhh!:
    In Response to Line check 3 please........Gaaaarhhhhhhh! : few things! betting 60 into 70 isnt an overbet,  For me it is :p trying to rep qq/kk and hoping to get paid by 9x doesnt make sense TBH obv just hoping he has ANYTHING to call with, He calls me with a 9 hear though I think, utter spewbox. if he has a bare flush draw he needs the pot to be over £680 for his call to be profitable so he made a mistake calling the shove which is good for us! run better!  How???  Please give me the secret! I am just shellshocked lately.  Hand 1. being the 10's vs flopped nut straight is how I roll just now.  Just hurting after last month of really low end beats.  Actually looking forward to this break, be nice to take the pressure off and think about something else for a change.
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
  • edited June 2011
    he needs~4/1 to call with bare fd. Hes getting less than 3/1
  • edited June 2011
    He has what ..22% equity?  (7h + 3J's).  Calling off 35% more?

Its close enough once you squeeze in some implied odds for it not to be an instant fold.

Plus he has virtually half his stack in.

Not defending it as I obviously hate it! lol.  But in his spot its not an instant fold for me there, I prob do fold though.
  • edited June 2011
    well you never said what his holecards were, i just took them as being a bare flushdraw
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Line check 3 please........Gaaaarhhhhhhh!:
    well you never said what his holecards were, i just took them as being a bare flushdraw
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Right you are, my bad.  Just wanted the hands down and hopefully out of my obsessive head.

He had Kh10h
  • edited June 2011
    u talk about overbettin but didnt ..! but why would u want to ??  u keep playing strong hands OTT .. maybe cos u know the outcomes *puke*..

and not the right price for a + EV call and wot implied odds?? ur allin?? 

sum bits i dont understand
  • edited June 2011
    If you knew the people I played against in some of these games you'd know that OTT is the way, your getting called super light.

This is an overbet by my standards.  But maybe I am stepping on the gas a bit hard, being outdrawn and running so bad being the cause.

I never said it was the right price, I said it runs close enough to not be an instant fold by him, with your stack 50% committed.

Yes no implied odds, really just meant all involved value.

Like i said runs @ 22% for 35% half committed

Many of the guys I play with have just alot more money than sense.  Pretty happy to go broke with a pair/draw, the majority very rarely stop to consider their opponents hand, only seeing the perceived strength of their own.

Most pots go multi way because no one really likes to fold, so a strong hand has to be played strongly, to push out the multi ways 10BBcalls, massively inflating most pots by flop.  So all bet sizes are pretty much enhanced.

If you feel confident you can get paid X amount in hand, X amount is what Im going for.