You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Line check 1 please.......I hate poker :p

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Really had a brutal session last night going to do three threads for three hands.  Mainly looking to see if I've just lost the plot poker wise since my father died a few weeks ago, or just a case of run bad, preety sure its just run bad though.  But being emotionally out of balance never helps.

This one is a pure cooler, just wondering if any of you guys take a different line.  Bet sizing/though process etc.

Hand 1.

50/£1 (25p ante).  Very active table.

Readless player opens button for £5, LAG calls in the SB I call in the BB with 8s9s

£17 in pot.  567r I have around £200, LAG has about £240, button doesnt matter.

SB LAG (looses aggressive player) opens for around £25.  He'd be betting a draw to the idiot end of the straight or an 8 in his hand here with no real intention of lead folding.  I feel like I'll get a call if I jam here.  I really dont take many slow play lines, I dont want a card to come that'll halt the action on later street either.

So I jam.  Button folds, SB calls with 10's.  To save you asking I am well known for being a pure nit in this game, people play very badly.  So its not profitable to get involved too often as its insane play as standard.  No value in bluffing, making many moves.

I say I have the nuts and jinx myself by saying that opponent needs runner runner clubs or the board to trip.

567  5  5.  Yuk. (could someone run the numbers on this please?  think its 0.4%ish)

Am folding river if I slow play it.  But if I feel like I'm getting called off the flop for 200BBs happy days surely??.  My heads a shed.......

Comments

• edited June 2011
    i think jamming is a bit OTT unless you are sure he calls it off with draws and 1pair hands.

if he is overly aggro and spewy i would just raise small to induce
  • edited June 2011
    I felt pretty sure he had a draw, having seen him call it all off on draws many times.  So felt strongly he might read me for J's or better and be happy to gamble.  I figured he'd perceive the jam as protection against a draw, which knowing him makes him more inclined to call.  As nitty as I am he must favour a draw to a paired hand that he knows is likely beat. 
  • edited June 2011
    crikey.....that was outrageous!...bad luck, not a lot u can do unless ur clairvoyant in a big way! I was expecting u to say turn was 8 river 9!....that woulda been equally outrageous!....but could happen....
  • edited June 2011
    unless you are sure he calls of a 200BB raise with a draw I much prefer a normal raise here, it allows him shove his draws. ul
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah I felt pretty sure.  Have played with him lots in last 6 months.

Honestly felt was best route vs this opponent, as a filler comes on turn/river its likely to kill action, him knowing my range is slimmer than most so would be difficult to get paid with a value bet.  He often likes to play with the cards in the air so felt he'd call after his lead.  He loves betting draws strong OOP on the flop, see him do it all the time.  He's much more likely to put his stack in off the flop with the draw than at turn, or shutdown on a brick @ turn.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Line check 1 please.......I hate poker :p:
    I felt pretty sure he had a draw, having seen him call it all off on draws many times.  So felt strongly he might read me for J's or better and be happy to gamble.  I figured he'd perceive the jam as protection against a draw, which knowing him makes him more inclined to call.  As nitty as I am he must favour a draw to a paired hand that he knows is likely beat. 
    Posted by AMYBR

jus raise to induce from draw,s or, like he did hands protecting against dwaws.. if u did have JJ+ then u risk losing value from worse pairs ( which he had ) or hands he wants to call it off with..

i think u was luck to get a call and really unlikey to lose ..!

• edited June 2011
    Not luck bud, you really think I'm going to rish losing my customer there with the nuts?

I know this guy well enough to know he wasnt going to fold after leading out strong OOP, having played with him many many times.

Against a different customer I play it hugely different, but raising to induce wouldnt work here at all, he'd flat, then check fold a missed draw at turn.

Simple knowledge of player bud.  No luck involved, other than hidious bad luck for me :(
  • edited June 2011
    ok welll u no the players obv...
    can i have an invite to these games plzzzz. =)
  • edited June 2011
    So another person can double bink me?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  There are loads of cash games out there.  Hotels mainly.