You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO Bluff w/nut blocker, facing HUGE c/r otr?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
i love it i really do, unlucky not to get a fold there i think, I remember just yesterday i tried this and shoved the turn only to find my opponent had the straight flush lol. I think you have to fold as you have repped the flush really well and the villain still has faith in what he is holding.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Surely whatever he has, he's turning it into a bluff here?

My line on the turn is 100% because I have the Ace of diamonds btw, I'm not raising my top 2 for value. I figured I could get him off a flush with 2 streets.

And if I house up, bonus, value town.

Thoughts?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    mick777 Sit out     
    kezza69 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £17.53
    marlin35 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £115.83
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • Q
    • A

dadov7 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £34.32
    kezza69 Call  £0.50 £1.40 £17.03
    marlin35 Call  £0.40 £1.80 £115.43
    Flop

• Q

kezza69 Check     
    marlin35 Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Check     
    Turn

• K

kezza69 Bet  £1.00 £2.80 £16.03
    marlin35 Call  £1.00 £3.80 £114.43
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £5.00 £8.80 £29.32
    kezza69 Fold     
    marlin35 Call  £4.00 £12.80 £110.43
    River

marlin35 Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £10.20 £23.00 £19.12
    marlin35 Raise  £43.40 £66.40 £67.03
    DOHHHHHHH
  • edited June 2011
    To me 2 pair doesnt look that good on that board, im checking river.
  • edited June 2011
    unless you know someone is capable of folding a flush i wouldnt bluff the river.

i think its a check on the river, also i dislike the turn play because your plan failed. average players at that level wont fold any flush!

Id flat turn and check river. but im a passive donk.

• edited June 2011
    what I really dont get is you think he will fold a flush on an unpaired board, but when you river an K or Q you think you can take him to valuetown on a paired board?

Play very little plo but not sure your average 20PLO villain folds any flushes so dont think I like it
  • edited June 2011
    i would laugh if u hero call and he shows a weak flush
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: PLO Bluff w/nut blocker, facing HUGE c/r otr?:
    i would laugh if u hero call and he shows a weak flush
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

• edited June 2011
      In the opening post you say you have the nut flush blocker. The basic problem with this is the line you took throughout the hand. The preflop raise is standard and meaningless but then you check the flop. The point of your blocker is to show strength at the right times to get people to fold.If you had flopped the nut flush draw then you would have c-bet that flop and carried it through the streets.

By checking the flop and then firing out on the turn and river then you are showing either a set/ weak flush or even TJ. For this reason anyone holding second or even third nut flush is going to hit you on the river because of the lack of strength you have shown.You need to think not only about the cards you are holding but the betting patterns you have shown. I am not sure what this guy is holding( but guessing medium to high flush) but your line kept telling him that his hand was good and allowed the c/raise on the river. It is possible that he would not have folded even a weak fd but you will never know because you played the line you did.

The main thing in any form of the game when bluffing is to tell a consistent story throughout the streets.Yours in this hand was not and you got burnt for it.As played you have to fold that river, but personally i would have checked it down instead of bluffing at it.