You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ok, so how do they know when to call with a real silly hand and can someone PLEASE teach me?...

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
So...been playing a bit recently, yesterday cld do no wrong and cards were spot on...today sucking out big time...could any one help me with this tho, I watched one hand, guy raised quite high with big pair, was called. ok, sofar so good...then it went silly and all ins were sparked....the other guy had called him with 6 2 off.  Won with two pair.... Then just now I had AA...raised it 8x bb he was super shortstacked and he called me.....then the flop came with med mixed cards.inc one 7..so I bet and he called....turn was another mid card..all in....river was a 7...he had 8 7 offsuit....won with trips.....now when I try this kinda mallarkey I am on a super loser every time.....

I know, I know.....its just the way it goes.

The hand after he folded when someone raised...

Where do I go to school to learn this trick?

Answers on a postcard please to the usual address

Comments

• edited June 2011
    If its low stakes, then u know ppl are going to be calling with garbage pf hoping to hit a flop which is why when u meet one of these players, u make a not, and make sure when u next play them, raise premium hands more than normal and when u do connect u get paid off more.

over time he will think twice bout calling with weak hands :)
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: ok, so how do they know when to call with a real silly hand and can someone PLEASE teach me?...:
    If its low stakes, then u know ppl are going to be calling with garbage pf hoping to hit a flop which is why when u meet one of these players, u make a not, and make sure when u next play them, raise premium hands more than normal and when u do connect u get paid off more. over time he will think twice bout calling with weak hands :)
    Posted by Crunchybob
    Thanks, thinking about it I think also he was shortstacked and it was a win or bust situation for him, still makes ya go grrrrrrrrr tho.....lol.....