You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What do you do on the turn here? MTT

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
No reads at all. Standard is generally bad, only a 5.50 tourny.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
junior14 Small blind  40.00 40.00 7030.00
bar4004 Big blind  80.00 120.00 6577.50
  Your hole cards
  • K

DOHHHHHHH Raise  225.00 345.00 2800.00
pod1 Fold     
Skys_Limit Call  225.00 570.00 2172.50
junior14 Fold     
bar4004 Fold     
Flop

• K

DOHHHHHHH Bet  375.00 945.00 2425.00
Skys_Limit Call  375.00 1320.00 1797.50
Turn

DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited June 2011
    standard lead. I think.
  • edited June 2011
    And if he raises?

And how much would you lead, and why?
  • edited June 2011
    Because of pot size, stack sizes and position, I dont like checking looking to c/f or c/c. I dont like a check raise at all here.

I dont want a card coming off as if your not beat he likely has a weaker K or strong 9/draw.  There's enough out there if your not beat to worry you.

If you lose the betting lead here by checking its very unlikely you'll see it showdown, as this pot is very worth winning for both of you.  A check from you is just as likely to induce a bet from him, with a weaker hand.  Trouble is you wont be able to tell the difference, plus it will be a committing bet. 

I'm not hugely worried by a stronger K, given the button flat and flop flat.  Its a fairly wet board so is he happy for a card to come off with a real hand here, real hand being a set.

If your checking, you can only be really to c/f IMO, which i'm not entirely happy to do connecting well 6 handed, being called passively from the button.

He cant fold to any real bet you make at turn, so i likely end the betting by putting him in.

There could be an argument to let him jam a weaker hand if you check, or if you gut read is strong c/fing, but am not happy to give up the betting lead or risk him checking behind for a freebie.  Others would argue that if your not beat then he is likely drawing thin enough to let one come off.

Away from the action I likely read him for a strong 9, 108 or PP, perhaps KJ KQ.  But I think he's floating alot of hands too. 

I keep my foot on the gas and put him in, based on these stacks and pot.

EDIT sorry thought he had a little less than 1k back.  Given that he has 1800 back I lead 725, having to call if he jams for all the rasons above.

• edited June 2011
    opening is marginal readless imo
    idk, I cant see many ways not to stack, I prob check and get it in if he bets, if he doesnt bet most rivers
  • edited June 2011
    i;ve played him so i would bet with a view to gettin it in!

readless in these tourneys i just generally bet 3 streets cos they're that bad they call with worse all the time seriously
  • edited June 2011
    i would bet about 650ish and watch him fold!!
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What do you do on the turn here? MTT:
    opening is marginal readless imo idk, I cant see many ways not to stack, I prob check and get it in if he bets, if he doesnt bet most rivers
    Posted by grantorino
    This!
  • edited June 2011
    against this villain its just value town.
  • edited June 2011
    If you bet 3/4 or 1/2 pot i think if he calls,then he,s commited to the hand,if you check and he jamms,what do you do.i think that u have to play it strong or chck,if he jamms fold.
    id check then see what happens,if he bets 650 ish then jamm,f he jamms fold.without any reads your between a rock and a hard stone.

Now if the standard is that bad call his jamm and pray
  • edited June 2011
    sorry ive not answered your question ,just shove the lot in,give him the desicion to make
  • edited June 2011
    Keep betting till you can't no more.
  • edited June 2011

im with everyone else JJ, you really should x out ur opponents name. my comment and im sure scottys, and a few others advice would be different if we didnt know the villian.

VALUE

• edited June 2011
    RAISE MORE PRE