You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

US Open - Golf

edited June 2011 in Betting Chat
After watching Reitef Goosen finding someformin the St Jude classic I,ve just had my 1st bet on the US Open which starts nxt Thursday. He should alsobe able to handle the heat

£3 Reitef Goosen 74/1

EDIT : Just noticed he is 80/1with Skybet so had another £1

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Might be a good pick that...

He just shot 64 today, i bet his odds will be slashed on the back of that performance.

I will pick mine on Monday. Tough to pick a winner!
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: US Open - Golf:
    Might be a good pick that... He just shot 64 today, i bet his odds will be slashed on the back of that performance. I will pick mine on Monday. Tough to pick a winner!
    Posted by splashies
    Backed him in this as well at 65/1 and still got Merrick at 48/1 after first few holes (only 2 bets in this - lol) - Not EW tho - just to win and after laying Swartchel off in the last few holes off the masters I think i might let it ride 

Just checked prices and they are both 13/1 on the exchanges - Can,t beleive Karlson is odds on

I,m sure the odds will be up and down tommorow - Should be a good watch

EDIT - your right - he,s gone into 50/1 for the Open
  • edited June 2011
    Here we go then 3 bets with my head and 1 bet with my heart, (Come on Colsaerts)!

EventPickOddsStake
    US OPENKJ Choi33/1£4 e/w
    US OPENJason Day50/1£4 e/w
    US OPENLucas Glover70/1£4 e/w
    US OPENNicolas Colsaerts200/1£2 e/w
  • edited June 2011
    g-mac, 50?1 with the magic sign, rickie fowler 80/1
  • edited June 2011

Backed 4 with a chance and 4 outsiders(I know its a lot but want some interest come sunday hopefully).

Matt Kuchar @25/1 £4 e/w
    Martin Kaymer @25/1 £4 e/w
    Jason Day @50/1 £1.50 e/w
    Aaron Baddeley @66/1 £1.50 e/w

Bo Van Pelt @100/1 £1 e/w
    Stewert Cink @100/1 £1 e/w
    Rory Sabbatini @125/1 £1 e/w
    Webb Simpson @125/1 £1 e/w

GL all  
  • edited June 2011
    Can't believe non of you crazy badgers have mentioned Luke Donald. The guy is in amazing form and has just had a weeks rest to recover. I have gone for him outright and 3 BIG prices E/W.

Henrik Stenson - 200/1 - £5e/w
    Mark Wilson - 125/1 - £5 e/w
    Jeff Overton - 150/1 - £5 e/w

Luke Donald - 14/1 - £10 Outright.

COME ON STENSON!!!! :-)

NOTE: Skybet are offering top 6 for e/w instead of the usual top 5
  • edited June 2011
    Can't believe non of you crazy badgers have mentioned Luke Donald. The guy is in amazing form and has just had a weeks rest to recover. I have gone for him outright and 3 BIG prices E/W. Henrik Stenson - 200/1 - £5e/w Mark Wilson - 125/1 - £5 e/w Jeff Overton - 150/1 - £5 e/w Luke Donald - 14/1 - £10 Outright. COME ON STENSON!!!! :-) NOTE: Skybet are offering top 6 for e/w instead of the usual top 5
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yeh i get what you say about Donald, but i just don't think he is quite long enough around here. He'll def be there or there abouts though.

Decent value there on Wilson and Overton.

As for Stenson i think he should be 200/1 just to make the cut! Hope I'm wrong and you take the mick outta me lol.

Good luck!
  • edited June 2011
    I think the weeks rest will do Donald some good

I won,t be backing any players who have played in Italy last week as I think they need longer to acclimatise

Jason Day is an interesting pick - Although he is 50/1 and was 55/1 at one bookies yesterday ,yet  you can still lay him at 47/1 

Its wide open and with 2 days to go I still can,t decide who else to back, apart from the Goose , although i may follow Splashies again and copy his bets - apart from the Colsaerts one and I do think Matt Kuchar will be up there but the price is putting me off

EDIT : I did actually back Matt kuchar when i saw him at 64/1 . Couldn,t beleive it until I later noticed I,d backed him for The Brittish Open by mistake
  • edited June 2011
    Just backed I Poulter  £3 win        84/1
                     D Toms   £2 win          74/1
                     B Gay     £2.36 win      239/1
                     L Glover £2 win           99/1

I pretty much always back Ian Poulter in the majors and would be gutted if he won it and I wasn,t on it

The rest I think are just  good value
  • edited June 2011
    My money is on Luke Donald and also have a bet on him to place in the top 10 in all the majors this year.

I like my betting in running bets so will also be doing that but not with the rip off merchants SKYBET who don't honour the bets they've accepted.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: US Open - Golf : Yeh i get what you say about Donald, but i just don't think he is quite long enough around here. He'll def be there or there abouts though. Decent value there on Wilson and Overton. As for Stenson i think he should be 200/1 just to make the cut! Hope I'm wrong and you take the mick outta me lol. Good luck!
    Posted by splashies
    I thought I saw he had a good run in a tournament a few weeks ago, I must of seen some1 else. OOPS, Oh well lets hope he is a suprise package and wins me over £1k ;-)
  • edited June 2011
    3 with my head and one with my heart

Stricker 22-1
    Toms 55-1
    Moore 80-1

and villegas 80-1
  • edited June 2011
    luke donald 14/1 £5 e/w
    franciso molinari top italian 7/4 £10
    matt kuchar top 20 finish evs £10

Will watch the first two rounds before placing any other bets.

be lucky 
  • edited June 2011

Scattergun approach

KJ Choi 33
    CH Swartzel 66
    Martin Laird  125
    Luke Donald 14
    Lee Westwood 12

All £2 e/w

• edited June 2011
    Here we go then 3 bets with my head and 1 bet with my heart, (Come on Colsaerts)! Event Pick Odds Stake US OPEN KJ Choi 33/1 £4 e/w US OPEN Jason Day 50/1 £4 e/w US OPEN Lucas Glover 70/1 £4 e/w US OPEN Nicolas Colsaerts 200/1 £2 e/w
    Posted by splashies
    119/1 now on another site
  • edited June 2011
    here is mine gl all!!!!!!

2ew on all  alex noren 150/1
                    brandt snedeker 50/1
                    aaron bradley 80/1
                    geoff oglivy 80/1
  • edited June 2011
    Robert Karlsson @ 66/1

Anthony Kim @ 125/1

Also gonna go for Colsaerts @ 200/1

Couple of beans e/w on each.
  • edited June 2011
    Matt Kuchar @ 22/1 (Each Way:  £2
    Rory McIlroy @ 20/1 (Each Way:    £2
    Jonathan Byrd @ 80/1 (Each Way:  £2

• edited June 2011
    here are my picks aaron baddeley 2£ eway harrison frazer £1 eway200 to1
  • edited June 2011
    luke donald 14/1 £5 e/w franciso molinari top italian 7/4 £10 matt kuchar top 20 finish evs £10 Will watch the first two rounds before placing any other bets. be lucky 
    Posted by achill
    Probably to late now but was that from Sky?

LOL at Colsaerts  -1 and in the lead
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: US Open - Golf : Probably to late now but was that from Sky? LOL at Colsaerts  -1 and in the lead
    Posted by MP33
    yes
  • edited June 2011
    Matt Kuchar @ 22/1 (Each Way:  £2 Rory McIlroy @ 20/1 (Each Way:    £2 Jonathan Byrd @ 80/1 (Each Way:  £2
    Posted by igimc
    Is this the only mention off Mcclory - He,s the new Tiger Woods
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: US Open - Golf : Is this the only mention off Mcclory - He,s the new Tiger Woods
    Posted by MP33
    No denying he is a top class player. But after the masters a few players expect him to blow his load when under pressure. I doubt he will do it 2 tournies running, but still 3 tough rounds to go. 3 shots with 54 holes to play is nothing!
  • edited June 2011
    lost money on mcilory in masters.

stayed away from him since.

edit. wow just seen leaderboard -11

really hope he doesn't collapse again.
  • edited June 2011

As I think Mcilroy is a shoe in(cant see him blowing it again)had a couple of bets on Kuchar@8/1 and Snedeker@16/1 in the betting without market.
  • edited June 2011
    As I think Mcilroy is a shoe in(cant see him blowing it again)had a couple of bets on Kuchar@8/1 and Snedeker@16/1 in the betting without market.
    Posted by jackda

He,s ruined the betting markets

I,ve had £25 ON A Quiros to bt R Rock at 1.88 in the 3rd round 3 -ball - Rock must be shattered - he only arrived day before
  • edited June 2011
    put free  bet on jacobson @ 14/1 without market dont think snedeker is going to doing anything
  • edited June 2011

wow mcilroy some player .
  • edited June 2011
    Matt Kuchar @ 22/1 (Each Way:  £2 Rory McIlroy @ 20/1 (Each Way:    £2 Jonathan Byrd @ 80/1 (Each Way:  £2
    Posted by igimc
    That was the easiest £54 i ever made.
    But as usual,just wish i had more on it.
    greed pure greed.
  • edited June 2011
    Well played Rory!

Won £50 for Day coming 2nd so i'll take that!