You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Overpair to same suit flop facing psb

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Okay, no reads apart from the film the other half had put on being complete bs.  I have KK, make normal raise, 3 diamonds drop and get donk bet into. 
I didn't know what to do, call and hate any diamond or ace but they may fire again, if I reraise it would be to say £1.50(sound about right?) and I'm pretty much comitted whatever comes down but may induce a reshove, or do I just shove myself.  If I'm already behind then so be it, right?

Any help on my play or thinking above would be much appreciated.
marc1960 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.39
RockSolid Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.81
bigbub1905 Big blind  £0.04 £0.10 £1.56
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

skunkymu10 Fold     
bigbub1905 Check     
Patching99 Raise  £0.24 £0.34 £3.77
gav365 Fold     
marc1960 Fold     
RockSolid Call  £0.20 £0.54 £4.61
bigbub1905 Fold     
Flop

RockSolid Bet  £0.54 £1.08 £4.07
Patching99 All-in  £3.77 £4.85 £0.00

Comments

• edited June 2011
    call, get it in on good turn
  • edited June 2011
    Raise to around £1.50 like you said then call the shove/shove yourself on any non-diamond turn. Also call shove if he does it on flop obvz.

Then win moniez :).

Do NOT just flat call like above had said that would be scary bad lolz.
  • edited June 2011
    pls explain why so scary bad lolz if you are going to diss my advice
  • edited June 2011
    Because at this level you want to get the money in ASAP if a diamond does come it might not give him the best hand but it kills any action you were going to get same for possible staight cards.

Raising with the intention of getting it in means you are going to get it in almost all of the time as a decent favourite and hence win moniez long term, you WILL be outdrawn here/slash come up against flopped flush/set/2 pair but thats variance.
  • edited June 2011

I don't like the flat either, especially when he'll prob stack off with so much that we can beat.

Any pair + diamond, top pair, any bare high diamond etc.

I don't mind raising to call off, but I prefer the shove.
  • edited June 2011
    at this level theres not too many people good enough to make a pot sized bet here with a flush so i reckon the shove is fine.
  • edited June 2011
    well maybe shoving is best if ye think he shows up with 9x bare Qd etc so much. Not so sure villain would call all 9x if we raise also?

The way I see it is we are crushed by flush, set,2p. We are a slight dog (basically flipping) against pair+diamond, straight +flush draw, slight favourite against Adx. This is a lot of his range