You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What happened 2 freedom of speach!!!!!!

edited June 2011 in Area 51
noticed sky have removed a post that i replied 2 last nite........i wonder y? possibly because i was slating this site, so are we only allowed to say nice things about this site?
Well i dont give a stuff anymore and 2 remove my account would actually be doing me a favour and saving me pocket loads of money.......bad beats, wot comes around goes around APPARENTLY. dont flipping think so sky.
This site is a bag of **** (you all know what im saying) Random generator my BOTTOM, load of bloody rubbish........
TO ALL WHO SEE THIS POST BEFORE IT GETS DELETED DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND THROW YOUR MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN!!!!!!! AT LEAST YOU KNOW WHERE ITS GONE THEN.
SKY THIS SITE IS S.H.I.T BY ALL MEANS DELETE MY ACCOUNT AS IVE HAD A BLOODY NUFF.........

Comments

• edited June 2011

I could really be sarcastic as always with this type of post, but i wont bobobabe (lol) your really hurting, you've taken a bad beat (as we all do regularly) and your letting off steam, we all do it, sometimes we take a break, return and get stuffed again and think the whole worlds against us. What i will say is rover will give you some sound advice, as will elsadog, but please take a deep breadth and relax, its only a game!! if its not then you are maybe betting with money you cant affored to lose. One piece of advice i got and abide by is - the money in your account and on the tables is not yours until you take it out, so treat it as fun money until you do, if you cannot do this then dont play with it! 

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What happened 2 freedom of speach!!!!!!:
    I could really be sarcastic as always with this type of post, but i wont bobobabe (lol) your really hurting, you've taken a bad beat (as we all do regularly) and your letting off steam, we all do it, sometimes we take a break, return and get stuffed again and think the whole worlds against us. What i will say is rover will give you some sound advice, as will elsadog, but please take a deep breadth and relax, its only a game!! if its not then you are maybe betting with money you cant affored to lose. One piece of advice i got and abide by is - the money in your account and on the tables is not yours until you take it out, so treat it as fun money until you do, if you cannot do this then dont play with it! 
    Posted by loonytoons
    Thanks loony....i think thats half the problem, at the min times are hard and im chasing what isnt there if that makes sense. i do need to be a little more controlled with regards to what im spending, but its hard when its so easy to hit the deposit button in the hope that the next fiver will turn it all around.
    thanks for the reply :)
    self control is the name of the game i think, not poker x
  • edited June 2011
    What do you class as a bad beat?
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by UareLIMPER
    Gettin a flat tire when its raining
  • edited June 2011
    Opening the fridge to find there's no beer and then stubbing your toe on the door ?

• edited June 2011

... AND BREATHE!!

• edited June 2011
    Posted by UareLIMPER
     my bad beat was off the wife when she caught me playing poker when i should have been cleaning' that's what happens when you marry a girl young enough to be your daughter
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What happened 2 freedom of speach!!!!!! :  my bad beat was off the wife when she caught me playing poker when i should have been cleaning' that's what happens when you marry a girl young enough to be your daughter
    Posted by drumahai05
    Doesn't sound like a bad beat to me !!
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What happened 2 freedom of speach!!!!!! : Doesn't sound like a bad beat to me !!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

It is when the blue pills run out and the chemist doesn't open 'till Monday;o)

• edited June 2011
    Freedom of speech isnt applicable.  Any business has the right to refuse freedom of speech, only applicable in liable slander and politics.
  • edited June 2011
    This is a real bad beat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItZyaOlrb7E&feature=related
    Posted by SighKO
    Er, this guy is sick!!!

Better than anything I saw on BGT anyway.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What happened 2 freedom of speach!!!!!! : Thanks loony....i think thats half the problem, at the min times are hard and im chasing what isnt there if that makes sense. i do need to be a little more controlled with regards to what im spending, but its hard when its so easy to hit the deposit button in the hope that the next fiver will turn it all around. thanks for the reply :) self control is the name of the game i think, not poker x
    Posted by borobabe09
    There lies your problem. I know some players wont be able to deposit large amounts, but if a player keeps depositing a fiver only, it becomes scared money, you have a bad beat and your bankrolls gone, you have to make that difficult call for your whole bankroll it becomes even more difficult, you have no room for error. With a fiver the only game that i would even consider playing on here would be 2p/4p cash, even a £1 deepstack is 20% of your roll. And when you do lose it hurts all the more! What i would recommend is instead of depositing those fivers over and over again, take your time to get £50 and deposit that, that would give you a good start for the 2p/4p cash and play no more than the £2 deepies, dont play any £5 games, but also remember that most people lose at online poker in the long run, even a 10% win rate would only allow you to tread water with the rake, so try to deposit the money as a 'playtime' fund, like when you go out on the town you wouldn't complain that you 'lost' £50, you would say ive bought £50 worth of enjoyment, well treat the poker the same, and when you go to the bars, you dont go buying £5 shots or £10 cocktails all night do you? so dont do that with the poker, play low stakes not medium or high stakes, leave that to the higher rollers!
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What happened 2 freedom of speach!!!!!! : There lies your problem. I know some players wont be able to deposit large amounts, but if a player keeps depositing a fiver only, it becomes scared money, you have a bad beat and your bankrolls gone, you have to make that difficult call for your whole bankroll it becomes even more difficult, you have no room for error. With a fiver the only game that i would even consider playing on here would be 2p/4p cash, even a £1 deepstack is 20% of your roll. And when you do lose it hurts all the more! What i would recommend is instead of depositing those fivers over and over again, take your time to get £50 and deposit that, that would give you a good start for the 2p/4p cash and play no more than the £2 deepies, dont play any £5 games, but also remember that most people lose at online poker in the long run, even a 10% win rate would only allow you to tread water with the rake, so try to deposit the money as a 'playtime' fund, like when you go out on the town you wouldn't complain that you 'lost' £50, you would say ive bought £50 worth of enjoyment, well treat the poker the same, and when you go to the bars, you dont go buying £5 shots or £10 cocktails all night do you? so dont do that with the poker, play low stakes not medium or high stakes, leave that to the higher rollers!
    Posted by loonytoons
    cheers loony, makes sense. self exclusion is needed after 2day. 1 monht break. x
  • edited June 2011
    I've self excluded a number of times, nowt wrong with it and sometimes its the way to go.  Best of skill on your return.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What happened 2 freedom of speach!!!!!! : There lies your problem. I know some players wont be able to deposit large amounts, but if a player keeps depositing a fiver only, it becomes scared money, you have a bad beat and your bankrolls gone, you have to make that difficult call for your whole bankroll it becomes even more difficult, you have no room for error. With a fiver the only game that i would even consider playing on here would be 2p/4p cash, even a £1 deepstack is 20% of your roll. And when you do lose it hurts all the more! What i would recommend is instead of depositing those fivers over and over again, take your time to get £50 and deposit that, that would give you a good start for the 2p/4p cash and play no more than the £2 deepies, dont play any £5 games, but also remember that most people lose at online poker in the long run, even a 10% win rate would only allow you to tread water with the rake, so try to deposit the money as a 'playtime' fund, like when you go out on the town you wouldn't complain that you 'lost' £50, you would say ive bought £50 worth of enjoyment, well treat the poker the same, and when you go to the bars, you dont go buying £5 shots or £10 cocktails all night do you? so dont do that with the poker, play low stakes not medium or high stakes, leave that to the higher rollers!
    Posted by loonytoons
    EXCELLENT POST TOONS  .

AMANDA YOU MAY FIND THIS  INFO USEFUL  IN YOUR RETURN ,
    ITS FROM A LESS CONTROVERSIAL BLOG OF MINE LOL .

brm = bankroll management

br = bankroll

Bankroll management , tilt & treats                                     

( no more cash deposits for you )                

Bankroll management              

Good brm this is the most important of all things to master in poker ,

without this you have very little control of your poker destiny .

Master this & hopefully you will never have to redeposit cash

in your poker account again.

HOW ?

Forget about putting £10 here & £5 there  in your account,

or after the Friday night bottle of wine or a few cans throwing £20

on a cash table , all above a  defo  no no .

Wait until you have £100 to deposit,

view this as a long term investment in your

very own poker skills .

Now from your £100 br,

dont bring in more than 2% - 3 %   to play mtt games .

( unless its a monthly treat see below)

4% on dym games .

Don't spread more then 10% of your br across 6 cash tables at once .

( note previous blog on time frame for this )

8% across 4 cash tables ,

4% across 2 tables &

2% on just one cash table .

Follow these rules & you are giving your self ever chance

to ride out the bad runs,

that will defo happen to you in poker .

Treats

Only if you find your br is growing ,

should you do the following .

If you had a good month & say your br is now above £150,

reward & treat yourself to a monthly once off  bigger buy in for a £11 .

You may get lucky & boost your br big time .

Tilt ( the devil is in your ear lol )

Every poker player has gone on tilt one time or another .

You feel hard done by & react by giving away more cash ,

how silly is that lol .

A lot of money can be lost,

especially in cash tables when one goes on tilt .

Here is what you do ,

" take a break they say "

easier said then done but yet it is the best option if you can.

If you find you cant  & there is still a long night ahead &

you were really looking forward to playing some hands,

then do the following ----->

Drop down to dym 30p or 60p games open up 5 or 6 tables ,

now your head will be so pickled with tables popping up

you can a have a bit of fun & sway your self off tilt .

Relax , chill ,open a bottle lol , you will be back

to catch that lucky so & so at a later date .

I really would recommend that

if it is cash tables,

that set you on tilt ,

don't play cash again until the next day .

So in summary :

1. Good br management / no need to redeposit again.

2. Reward your br self discipline with monthly mtt treats .

3. Tilt is for mugs , don't let it ruin your fun .

4. Enjoy endless nights of poker entertainment from

your initial deposit of £100.

• edited June 2011
    Wise words as usual Irish

I saw a vid the other day in which a player said - when he starts his session he would go on a much lower stake or play a cpl of freerolls before he starts his session , just as a warm up and to see how your playing

Would you agree and go along with this if you have the time obv?
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What happened 2 freedom of speach!!!!!! : EXCELLENT POST TOONS  . AMANDA YOU MAY FIND THIS  INFO USEFUL  IN YOUR RETURN , ITS FROM A LESS CONTROVERSIAL BLOG OF MINE LOL . brm = bankroll management                                                                                                     br = bankroll   Bankroll management , tilt & treats                                       ( no more cash deposits for you )                                                                                                                                                                      Bankroll management                Good brm this is the most important of all things to master in poker , without this you have very little control of your poker destiny . Master this & hopefully you will never have to redeposit cash in your poker account again. HOW ? Forget about putting £10 here & £5 there  in your account, or after the Friday night bottle of wine or a few cans throwing £20 on a cash table , all above a  defo  no no . Wait until you have £100 to deposit, view this as a long term investment in your very own poker skills .   Now from your £100 br, dont bring in more than 2% - 3 %   to play mtt games . ( unless its a monthly treat see below) 4% on dym games . Don't spread more then 10% of your br across 6 cash tables at once . ( note previous blog on time frame for this ) 8% across 4 cash tables , 4% across 2 tables & 2% on just one cash table . Follow these rules & you are giving your self ever chance to ride out the bad runs, that will defo happen to you in poker . Treats Only if you find your br is growing , should you do the following . If you had a good month & say your br is now above £150, reward & treat yourself to a monthly once off  bigger buy in for a £11 . You may get lucky & boost your br big time . Tilt ( the devil is in your ear lol ) Every poker player has gone on tilt one time or another . You feel hard done by & react by giving away more cash , how silly is that lol . A lot of money can be lost, especially in cash tables when one goes on tilt . Here is what you do , " take a break they say " easier said then done but yet it is the best option if you can. If you find you cant  & there is still a long night ahead & you were really looking forward to playing some hands, then do the following ----- /> Drop down to dym 30p or 60p games open up 5 or 6 tables , now your head will be so pickled with tables popping up you can a have a bit of fun & sway your self off tilt . Relax , chill ,open a bottle lol , you will be back to catch that lucky so & so at a later date . I really would recommend that if it is cash tables, that set you on tilt , don't play cash again until the next day . So in summary : 1. Good br management / no need to redeposit again. 2. Reward your br self discipline with monthly mtt treats . 3. Tilt is for mugs , don't let it ruin your fun . 4. Enjoy endless nights of poker entertainment from your initial deposit of £100.
    Posted by IRISHROVER

Ty irish.....my new bible :) xx