You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

dyms

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
4 of you left & 1 very short stack lets say 300/400. theres always 1(big stack) who nomatter what makes the short stack a big stack so were all back to square 1. im sure some people dont understand you only need to finish in the top 3 TO GET PAID

Comments

• edited June 2011
    ive seen crazier.
  • edited June 2011
    i cashed but it was shockin a 5.50 dym aswell lol. surely theres no need 2 attack the shorty unless yr holdin sumthin special?
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: dyms:
    i cashed but it was shockin a 5.50 dym aswell lol. surely theres no need 2 attack the shorty unless yr holdin sumthin special?
    Posted by dogcharlie
    surley this is the best idea. he has to have something to go all in doesnt he. so by betting to put him all in means hes folding more. This is a trait i use loads in MTTs Attack the shortys, punnish the limpers, and just in gerneral controled aggression.

I know i play mtts alot so i might not be the right man to comment (would be great if JohnConnor or someone similar could confirm this to me) but surely raising and attacking the shortys blinds is +EV.
  • edited June 2011
    What !!!!!!!!!!!!

Big stack always beats the short stack, the short stack NEVER wins, the RNG doesn't allow it.

Apparently.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to dyms:
    4 of you left & 1 very short stack lets say 300/400. theres always 1(big stack) who nomatter what makes the short stack a big stack so were all back to square 1. im sure some people dont understand you only need to finish in the top 3 TO GET PAID
    Posted by dogcharlie
    Hi charlie

Could I ask, what would the blinds be?, what position was the bigstack in?
  • edited June 2011
    the guy 2 my left was attackin the shorty every time not even thinkin about it that aint clever so in the end he ended up not cashin because of it lol
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: dyms:
    the guy 2 my left was attackin the shorty every time not even thinkin about it that aint clever so in the end he ended up not cashin because of it lol
    Posted by dogcharlie
    i would hardly call it a bad play tbh. As i stated i play mtts so dyms might be different, but if theirs a shorty im rasing their blinds if everyone else if folding 100% of the time to keep the pressure on em. Very profitable and +EV imo.