You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i have led out the flop?

Is this standard? Opponent has been ok, never too aggressive and all his play was pretty standard stuff, nothing out of the ordinary.

Hand History #381656673 (14:13 13/06/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
CINEMASHOW Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.88
DrSharp Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £5.86
  Your hole cards

freddy581 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £0.80
BigStax85 Raise  £0.12 £0.22 £2.55
CINEMASHOW Fold     
DrSharp Raise  £0.32 £0.54 £5.54
freddy581 Fold     
BigStax85 Raise  £0.72 £1.26 £1.83
DrSharp Call  £0.48 £1.74 £5.06
Flop

• J

DrSharp Check     
BigStax85 All-in  £1.83 £3.57 £0.00
DrSharp Fold     
BigStax85 Muck     
BigStax85 Win  £1.60  £1.60
BigStax85 Return  £1.83
He has played it like he has a big pocket pair. Am i just set mining here, or should i continue aggression on the flop. I was very unsure as player hadnt done anything like this before.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I realise now that he doesnt have the stack to set mine but whats the correct play. Should i fold pre flop after his further re raise to 72p.
  • edited June 2011
    If you are 3betting pre make it bigger, I would sometimes just flat. Once he 4bets either shove or fold, I would fold.

If for some reason I get to flop this way I c/c
  • edited June 2011
    I'd prob re-raise more in your spot pre 40p ,

i think you played fine check fold is how i would play it
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i have led out the flop?:
    If you are 3betting pre make it bigger, I would sometimes just flat. Once he 4bets either shove or fold, I would fold. If for some reason I get to flop this way I c/c
    Posted by grantorino
    Once he 3bets, is folding no longer an option? And he shud get it in? (going bak to the QQ hand from the other fred)
  • edited June 2011
    can't call his 4 bet pre with his stack, either shove or fold depending on how he has been playing. and if you do flat his 4-bet, i'm getting it in on this flop.
  • edited June 2011
    Defo reraise more, 32p is WAY too small, 40-45p minimum.

Once reraised again it's shove fold you can not set mine, I personally haven't had this situation happen to me yet at this level with a hand like 10's/Jacks but if it did given his stack size it's a shove and make notes if he has the dreaded AA/KK.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i have led out the flop?:
    In Response to Re: Should i have led out the flop? : Once he 3bets, is folding no longer an option? And he shud get it in? (going bak to the QQ hand from the other fred)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    To answer your question as best I can dohh this situation differs slightly, even though I always kinda hate 3b/f TT, and it would be part of reason I flat here a decent % of the time

1. QQ plays better against villains 4bet range, it beats some hands that can 4bet for value if villain is aggro like JJ,TT, AQ. Its hard make a 4bet value range that TT does ok against

2. In this situation we 3bet a btn open. Villains in general are more likely to flat ip than oop and also more likely to flat light than when we 3bet ep open 

Also we have some reads that say villain isnt aggro, and 4betting is very rare at 4NL

I think there are certainly some hands we can 3bet for value and fold to a raise, QQ is too strong readless though imo, TT is borderline and I would hate doing it against a good aggro opponent . Again all this depends on how often villain calls/raises etc.

As to this particular hand, just noticed villain is short, I just get it in when he 4bets