You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AA 10max missed value?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Hi all first post in the clinic, just wondering about this jam!

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Jippa Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £9.20
elldixon18 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £23.60
deano611 Big blind  £0.20 £0.50 £2.98
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

captape16 Fold     
BATTSY64 All-in  £2.80 £3.30 £0.00
mattthoey Call  £2.80 £6.10 £38.41
deano611 Fold     
M247 Call  £2.80 £8.90 £60.94
dickieop04 Fold     
alanward Call  £2.80 £11.70 £9.64
munro283 Fold     
Jippa Fold     
elldixon18 All-in  £23.60 £35.30 £0.00
mattthoey Fold     
M247 Fold     
alanward Fold     
elldixon18 Unmatched bet  £21.00 £14.30

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Bit of reasoning... with the size of the pot pre I was happy to take it down there and then. That said, maybe a reraise would be better but don't fancy going multiway - plus would making it £12/£15 just scream strength?

Not too many reads on the table and players who'd already called, apart from the big stack who I'd got down as a loosey goosey!
  • edited June 2011
    Think the shove is the right play here.
  • edited June 2011
    Why are you happy to take it down right now? :S

Your re-raise is another 100xbb to the other players to call off.

You can make it 6.95 or something, then shove any flop.

I agree the shove is better than making it 12/15 though!!
  • edited June 2011
    shove is bad - their are 2 deep stacks, raise to 7/8 quid, price them in and more than likely win a big pot. If you lose you lose, it's a cash game just reload! 
  • edited June 2011
    it depends, there are plenty of weaker hands that call the shove that you might not get paid off with on the flop

its a choice between £7-9 and shove imo and given the shove is only 10x the current bet 4 handed i think its fine

the last thing u want is 3 callers after a small raise - then u have a big pot you are odds against winning
  • edited June 2011
    i think a couple of months ago you may have got a caller, however so many people have done this with AA over the last few months that players are starting to wise up to this little trick.
  • edited June 2011

Hi people ty for the replies and sound advice - couple of responses...

To Paul : Cheers!

To Dohhh : I just saw it as an easy £12 pickup against a random shorties jam. If I make it £7 and the table calls around again I thought it was asking for trouble if a coordinated board flops!  Call me a chicken I'll accept it!

To Percival : I hate losing buy-ins and AA and KK are the hands that I usually get into most trouble with - be it cash or tournies.

To Codex : You're thinking along the same lines as me :)  Don't think anyone had QQ or KK, so a pair of 10s or Js may call preflop if they're in a gambling mood puttin me on AK, whereas if the flop comes A high or K high they can get away from it.

To Leon: Yeh fair does I'm wary of overshoves but against randomers in the evening it can sometimes pay off - if only it was a Friday/Saturday night instead of Monday!

• edited June 2011
    If it was KK/QQ would shove as Ace could flop if you raised big but here I'd make it around £8-9 then never fold. :)