You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

On a major downswing. What to do in this spot?

I think you played it fine at this level just a cooler

you have posted the result so im not going to answer poll but after flopping 2 pair at nl4 im getting it in every day of the week and twice on sundays :P

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Been on a downswing for a couple of weeks and i dont mind admitting that it has affected my confidence in my hands, even when they are strong. There are loads of interesting spots i find myself in at the moment and iseem to be reading each 50/50 decision wrong. I'm not tilting, i cant be bothered to, but whats the correct play at the end here? Villain has been fairly tight but enters the pot with a limp quite often, i am in big blind and check hoping to hit big or just check fold the rest of the hand. Anyway, it is what it is. What do you do in this spot? What hand do you put him on? The way i have been running, it has to be 5,6 or possible set right? What am i beating?

Hand History #379750373
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    grandad3 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.64
    DrSharp Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.39
      Your hole cards

sleigher Fold     
    redmaz Call  £0.04 £0.10 £0.75
    dean8886 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £2.76
    grandad3 Call  £0.02 £0.16 £3.62
    DrSharp Check     
    Flop

grandad3 Check     
    DrSharp Bet  £0.16 £0.32 £3.23
    redmaz Fold     
    dean8886 Call  £0.16 £0.48 £2.60
    grandad3 Call  £0.16 £0.64 £3.46
    Turn

grandad3 Check     
    DrSharp Bet  £0.48 £1.12 £2.75
    dean8886 Call  £0.48 £1.60 £2.12
    grandad3 Raise  £2.56 £4.16 £0.90
    DrSharp???    

• edited June 2011
    Lol. sorry. forgot to edit hand. will try to do it now.
  • edited June 2011
    I put shove :P seriously played fine imo
  • edited June 2011
    turn is a fold imo, you only beat 34, maybe 74s unless he is really bad. You say he has been tight, so I think its a standard fold tbh. 2pair is not remotely as strong in a limped pot as a raised one
  • edited June 2011
    We beat overpair although unlikely

A7/A8 , seriously try playing nl4 grantorino unless you have a solid read not that their tight but they are super nitty and always have the nuts then you can never fold here. TPTK is nuts nl4 go have a couple hours and let me know how u get on

Some people will also overplay AK/AQ here although probably get in pre also, i really dont think we can fold in this spot ever at nl4 imo

edit- we also beat flush draws which is more reason to get it in
  • edited June 2011

If I was playing well I could fold.

Gonna play a load of nl4 today, can't wait it's so much fun :)

------------------------

• edited June 2011

I'd be a lot happier getting it in on the flop, most of the hands you expect to overplay are way more likely to do it there, in my experience. People (even at 4NL afaik) dont go broke as light in limped pots. 56,78 or sets are way more likely to play like this than an overpair or A7/A8 imo.

• edited June 2011
    Snap fold for me, well probably not snap but I wouldn't call, I'm sure I recognise that alias and he fits into a pretty passive calling station area which never usually raises.

I do like the strong pot bet on flop but sometimes you have to have patience and believe me you will ALWAYS get spots to win money at NL4, here I just couldn't be certain and this looks so much like 56 that I would hate to hand over my stack that easily.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: On a major downswing. What to do in this spot?:
    Snap fold for me, well probably not snap but I wouldn't call, I'm sure I recognise that alias and he fits into a pretty passive calling station area which never usually raises. I do like the strong pot bet on flop but sometimes you have to have patience and believe me you will ALWAYS get spots to win money at NL4, here I just couldn't be certain and this looks so much like 56 that I would hate to hand over my stack that easily.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    call, call, call...no sense in shoving, not massive stakes, two pair is worth at least a call
  • edited June 2011
    Don't care, stop moaning Sharpy and get on with it! 
  • edited June 2011
    I'm calling/shoving mate.
    Alot of the time at this level this stinks of a big over pair.
    ul if they've got trips
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: On a major downswing. What to do in this spot?:
    In Response to Re: On a major downswing. What to do in this spot? : call, call, call...no sense in shoving, not massive stakes, two pair is worth at least a call
    Posted by melbourne9
    It shouldn't matter what the stakes are, you're never going to build a BR if you just say 'oh it's only a couple a quid' you have to play EVERY pot the same however big or small.

For me this just doesnt feel right.
  • edited June 2011
    vs oppo its a fold. He is as dudeskin rightly points out very passive, if he ever raises you, you are normally beat.
    That said, he is also likely to turn up with AA, KK here sometimes.....not enough times to warrent a call though.