You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

deep river decision at 0.25/0.50

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
villain is a reg that i havent played a lot of hands with but from what i can work out so far has been pretty much straight forward and no moves shown.  the opening raise is from the fish at the table who is raising 4 hands per orbit and defending blinds pretty widely.  i have been playing relatively straight forward although a few hands before this i put in a thin value bet on the river against the fish and i have been playing most hands in position when the fish has raised.  we havent played a big hand post flop against each other all evening
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
huuuuume Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £119.48
SilverF1 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £55.27
  Your hole cards

hurst05 Fold     
BAI21 Fold     
xxxxxx Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £52.55
ebo111 Call  £1.50 £3.75 £92.86
huuuuume Call  £1.25 £5.00 £118.23
SilverF1 Fold     
Flop

• A

huuuuume Check     
xxxxxx Check     
ebo111 Bet  £3.00 £8.00 £89.86
huuuuume Call  £3.00 £11.00 £115.23
xxxxxx Call  £3.00 £14.00 £49.55
Turn

huuuuume Check     
xxxxxx Check     
ebo111 Check     
River

• J

huuuuume Bet  £10.50 £24.50 £104.73
xxxxxx Call  £10.50 £35.00 £39.05
ebo111 Raise  £56.00 £91.00 £33.86
i seem to have trouble pasting hands clearly so if it doesnt work can a mod pls tidy it up for me - the hand id was 382102925

what do we do?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Think the river is a fold dont think he value bets with a set, AQ of spades i say, lay it down.
  • edited June 2011
    surely he's never checking the turn with AQ of spades, maybe a suited rag A, J10 spades or something connecting maybe giving him a gutshot on the flop that he thought he'd have a go at when checked to him, and then he picks up additional outs on the turn and decided to give himself a free card. He's never playing a set this way, or 2pair. Tough decision, but i probably call, would be a very good lay down if you were correct. 
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: deep river decision at 0.25/0.50:
    surely he's never checking the turn with AQ of spades, maybe a suited rag A, J10 spades or something connecting maybe giving him a gutshot on the flop that he thought he'd have a go at when checked to him, and then he picks up additional outs on the turn and decided to give himself a free card. He's never playing a set this way, or 2pair. Tough decision, but i probably call, would be a very good lay down if you were correct. 
    Posted by percival09
    Yeh i guess your right a small suited ace is more likely.
  • edited June 2011

wow having real trouble putting him on a hand here, I prob cry a little and fold river, he shouldnt be bluffraising here with fish in hand, its hard see him value raise worse

• edited June 2011
    please can someone explain, there is no way anyone has a set, its physically impossible. The only thing that is beating you is a higer flush. This is unlikely i would call. Im confused???
  • edited June 2011
    hhmmm defo a horrible spot... i would hav thought he would barrell Ax of spades on the turn but maybe didnt want to get c/raise especially if he picks up f/d.. maybe an argument for him value raisin AJ or JJ if he sumhow has this here but honestly think its hard for him to be bluffin in this spot.. horrible but i call.
  • edited June 2011
    the more i think the more i hate a call but i hate foldin i really dont no wot to do here hahah

please tell me wot he has or i wont sleep 2nite
  • edited June 2011
    dont think I can fold, got him on 2 pair or better not believing the runner runner flush has hit.
  • edited June 2011
    fold, youre gonna be right more often than not and even when your wrong its just wp him and move on. Youre never getting owned here enough for it to be a problem.
  • edited June 2011
    I personally call, looks like he has a set, and if your rolled enough you can call and re-load if your wrong and write notes, the worst that can happen is you lose 50 quid and the best that can happen is you end up 100+ up, he could even have 89 Hearts to be honest, i wouldnt put him on a flush and call

p.s
    what did you do in the end?
  • edited June 2011
    i tanked and folded.

the only hand i can see the move being made with is another straight but even then i dont think with a raise and call in front that he can make that move...if he did then as offshoot said wp.

im confident he didnt have a set or 2 pair type hands....its just a bad spot to be putting over a 100 bbs in with those type hands and my image usually leads more towards me calling than folding...also im never bluffing here

thanks for responses....feel happy with my decision in the end just tough spot