You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

shoving range in latter stages of MTT

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
was in a 109$ tournament yesterday, which is very BIG for me, satellited in and made it top 50, every jump in cash was quite big but once i cashed, i only had ambitions to make the final table and make big big money!
my question is, in an ante tournament in the latter stages, what should my shoving range be? Obv i don't want to be raise folding with anything around 25BB. Is it all PP and alot of Aces, KQ etc? I can't raise fold with A10 for example can i?
I open shoved A9 UTG +1 with 20BB and ran into 1010 and AK, i was kinda dead, should this have just been a fold in this position? Cheers. 

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I think you can deffo raise fold from 25xbb......

Probably from 20xbb too.....

And maybe 18/17/16.....

I'd never shove AT utg w/20xbb in a tourny that big (to me), I'd rather fold

This guys MTT poker vids r the best I've ever watched, and theres tonnes of them. Seriously, u shud spend some time watching them. http://www.youtube.com/user/TheIllegit
  • edited June 2011
    it was equally as big to me, i was so annoyed when i actually did it and got called lol! Cheers, i'll take a look soon.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: shoving range in latter stages of MTT:
    I think you can deffo raise fold from 25xbb...... Probably from 20xbb too..... And maybe 18/17/16..... I'd never shove AT utg w/20xbb in a tourny that big (to me), I'd rather fold This guys MTT poker vids r the best I've ever watched, and theres tonnes of them. Seriously, u shud spend some time watching them.  http://www.youtube.com/user/TheIllegit
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

+1
  • edited June 2011
    good advice there shipdchips TY.
  • edited June 2011
    nice post shipdchips. Good advice
  • edited June 2011
    $109 is this on a certainsite that uses a red spade for its logo?

Anyways At this point you can defo raise fold. Im also guessing this is full ring, so if im shoving Im only shoving premiums in EP, AK, AQ, AA KK QQ etc. However from Late posision if no other opponents are in ill happy shove 72o.

Its also very table dependant.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: shoving range in latter stages of MTT:
    $109 is this on a certainsite that uses a red spade for its logo? Anyways At this point you can defo raise fold. Im also guessing this is full ring, so if im shoving Im only shoving premiums in EP, AK, AQ, AA KK QQ etc. However from Late posision if no other opponents are in ill happy shove 72o. Its also very table dependant.
    Posted by The_Don90
    lol yeah! yeah it was full ring, looking back should have deffo folded, A9 UTG +1 is a pretty easy fold lol if in late position like you say, yeah much better, TY.
  • edited June 2011
    ty for getting back to me allows me to make a better responce. Yea A9 is a pretty standard fold. I mean i would shove here under the cicumstances of im less than 10bigs or im on a table of complete nits with 10-15BB. I ont thing your stack in is terrible shape and as i know most of these tournments (although lower stakes the higher one seem to play out very similar) youll find that great spot to get all your money in very soon.