You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM, shove or raise?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
When in a DYM should you be shoving rather than than normal raising? (how many big blinds)

Comments

• edited June 2011
    In Response to DYM, shove or raise?:
    When in a DYM should you be shoving rather than than normal raising? (how many big blinds)
    Posted by UareLIMPER
    In a general sense, say, upto level 5 or 6 I would say that you ought to be shoving when effective stacks (ie you or your opponents) is less than or equal to 10BBs. Factors can change this slightly but I would say that it's a pretty solid general rule to work from.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM, shove or raise?:
    In Response to DYM, shove or raise? : In a general sense, say, upto level 5 or 6 I would say that you ought to be shoving when effective stacks (ie you or your opponents) is less than or equal to 10BBs. Factors can change this slightly but I would say that it's a pretty solid general rule to work from.
    Posted by JohnConnor

After level 5 or 6 does that mean everybody is shoving due to blinds as a rule?

My DYM game has gone to pot recently. Cant figure out what i am doing differently. I easily make the bubble but it seems to become a shoveathon then.

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM, shove or raise?:
    In Response to Re: DYM, shove or raise? : After level 5 or 6 does that mean everybody is shoving due to blinds as a rule? My DYM game has gone to pot recently. Cant figure out what i am doing differently. I easily make the bubble but it seems to become a shoveathon then.
    Posted by DrSharp
    Level 6 is where the BB is 200. So what I meant was 10BB might not be an automatic shove from these stages onwards. There may be room to raise/fold instead. Eg BB is 300, 4 players left with 3000 chips each, although effective stacks are only 10BBs, personally I think there is room to raise/fold.

But yeah, often from these stages the game will be all-in or fold anyway as there will usually be short stacks, everyone won't usually have similar stacks.