You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live bh hand. Rivered nuts multiway. Max value time.

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Right this is first level and i've had a good start. One opponent is clearly o tilt, and ive created the exact image i wanted of being loose already. The opponent whos on tilt was a middle ages guy wearing shades who was aggressive. Id called his 3 barrel bluff with AKhigh and won the pot. Before anyone says i had a tell.

So then this hand comes around. Now theres only two players of real importance in this hand. The middle aged guy who was wearing shades, who ill call shades. And a older chinese LAGGY player who went by the name of Alan so for that reason ill call him Alan. Although i dont think Alan was his real name rather just a nickname everyone had for him.

Blinds 50/100

Shades (7K), Alan(9.5Kish), Button, SB and UTG have all limped on my BB.

Me (14.5K) looks down at Ks 5s and check. I felt this was far to early to squeeze, also i have a very loose image so i dnt think squeezeing really does much except over-inflate the pot with K rag OOP.

Flop (As Jh 5c)

SB ponders and checks, i check, UTG checks, Shades check, Alan checks, Button Checks.

Turn (10s)

This is a pretty good card for me, it adds a double draw to my hand. I now think this is a good spot to thin the field a little.

Pot is around 600. So i bet 600. Maybe a little too much would value input on this. UTG folds, Shades snap calls, Alan had his chips in before Shades, button folds and SB folds.

At this point im pretty sure one of them also has a flush draw aswell. One of them maybe has 2 pair type hand. Pretty positive neither has a made straight because of the way it was played, the speed of the calls suggest both players where drawing to something.

River (9s)

This is my main talking point. I decided to go down a very wierd line with this. As i stated on turn im pretty sure im not the only player connecting with that flush. However i have the nuts.

I decided to check. Shades bets 600, Alan re-raises to 1200. This caught me off guard a little i was planning a check raise but i didnt expect raise and re-raise behind me. How much is your value bet ?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Live bh hand. Rivered nuts multiway. Max value time.:
    Right this is first level and i've had a good start. One opponent is clearly o tilt, and ive created the exact image i wanted of being loose already. The opponent whos on tilt was a middle ages guy wearing shades who was aggressive. Id called his 3 barrel bluff with AKhigh and won the pot. Before anyone says i had a tell. So then this hand comes around. Now theres only two players of real importance in this hand. The middle aged guy who was wearing shades, who ill call shades. And a older chinese LAGGY player who went by the name of Alan so for that reason ill call him Alan. Although i dont think Alan was his real name rather just a nickname everyone had for him. Blinds 50/100 Shades (7K), Alan(9.5Kish), Button, SB and UTG have all limped on my BB. Me (14.5K) looks down at Ks 5s and check. 
    Posted by The_Don90

JAM!

• edited June 2011
    I decided to check. Shades bets 600, Alan re-raises to 1200. This caught me off guard a little i was planning a check raise but i didnt expect raise and re-raise behind me. How much is your value bet ?

By now its pretty obvious 1 if not both of them have obviously smaller flushes maybe one with QsXs when the chinese guy RR's to 1200 that puts the pot to about 4400 im value betting at about 3800 with the read that one of the two definitely have a flush because 9/10 they are going to instantly pay you off....

You could also overbet the pot to say 5800 but i think that would give away your hand a lot of the time but then you are saying the guy in shades is on tilt and the chinese guy is LAGGY this could probably be the best option especially if the guy on tilt has a flush as he is more likely to pay you off as he is still probably frustrated from previous hands
  • edited June 2011
    dont think I like betting turn

I stick it all in, let them level themselves into calling