You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Its just variance

edited June 2011 in Area 51
Yeah, sure it is, Sky. Clean it up.
jakey123 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £3.47
Seagull158 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £15.22
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • J

MJAMESM Fold     
Hello1966 Call  £0.08 £0.20 £2.31
freechips1 Fold     
harrytohot Raise  £0.32 £0.52 £13.35
jakey123 Call  £0.28 £0.80 £3.19
Seagull158 Call  £0.24 £1.04 £14.98
Hello1966 Fold     
Flop

• Q
  • K

jakey123 Bet  £0.16 £1.20 £3.03
Seagull158 Call  £0.16 £1.36 £14.82
harrytohot Call  £0.16 £1.52 £13.19
Turn

jakey123 Bet  £0.08 £1.60 £2.95
Seagull158 Raise  £0.64 £2.24 £14.18
harrytohot Call  £0.64 £2.88 £12.55
jakey123 Call  £0.56 £3.44 £2.39
River

• A

jakey123 Check     
Seagull158 Check     
harrytohot Bet  £1.72 £5.16 £10.83
jakey123 Fold     
Seagull158 Call  £1.72 £6.88 £12.46
harrytohot Show
  • A

Seagull158 Muck
  • K
  • J

harrytohot Win Pair of Aces £6.36  £17.19

Comments

• edited June 2011
    sky is rigged shoc......oh forget it.

all the hands you have post you have been behind pre flop barring one......

just because you hit the flop does not mean you have a devine right to win the hand.

gl,dave
  • edited June 2011
    And also.....if I may so bold. This hand is played pretty badly (calling a raise, a call, and possibly another call from the limper in BB with KJ, likely dominated & betsizing throughout) whereas most of the others were not.

looks like tilt or confidence is affecting your play seagull. Brush it off - you will be back.

Hope your luck improves.
  • edited June 2011
    u need to bet bigger, take control of the initiative, tell ppl u have a big hand, by flat calling ppl think youre not very strong.
    on the flop u have top pair and a good kicker, raise fgs! there is straight draws and flush draws, dont give them the correct pot odds to go chasing.
    i would jam the turn on this occasion.

plus u must be doing allright if ur sitting their with £15.

ps. instead of moaning bout sky put the hands in poker clinic and ppl will help u with the hands and tell u how u cud of played better.

hope this helps
  • edited June 2011

In Response to Re: Its just variance:

1.u need to bet bigger, take control of the initiative, tell ppl u have a big hand, by flat calling ppl think youre not very strong. on the flop 2.u have top pair and a good kicker, raise fgs! there is straight draws and flush draws, 3.dont give them the correct pot odds to go chasing. 4.i would jam the turn on this occasion. 5.plus u must be doing allright if ur sitting their with £15. ps. 6. instead of moaning bout sky put the hands in poker clinic and ppl will help u with the hands and tell u how u cud of played better. hope this helps
    Posted by Crunchybob
    1. Making sure people know your hand strength is good?

2. If you can get away with calling a feeler bet like this on a wet board and bet big on a safe turn if noone shows real strength then you have a nice read on the situation.  Not a great board to build a pot too early with your hand.

3. He didn't on the turn

4. No comment

5. Exactly - evidence you are playing ok - perhaps condtradicting your points 1-4 which advocate change of play

6. Instead of moaning keep getting the fish to call and you will be up over the term.  Realise you are outplaying players and you will win.  But the beats will always happen.

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Its just variance:
    In Response to Re: Its just variance : 1. Making sure people know your hand strength is good? 2. If you can get away with calling a feeler bet like this on a wet board and bet big on a safe turn if noone shows real strength then you have a nice read on the situation.  Not a great board to build a pot too early with your hand. 3. He didn't on the turn 4. No comment 5. Exactly - evidence you are playing ok - perhaps condtradicting your points 1-3 which advocate change of play 6. Instead of moaning keep getting the fish to call and you will be up over the term.  Realise you are outplaying players and you will win.  But the beats will always happen.  
    Posted by AyrGraeme
    I assume you disagreed to what i said.

Just look at the hand though, its not a hand i would even play out of pos and to a raise. however he hits top pair on the flop yes its flush and drawy, by flat calling on the flop his not representing a good hand, if any thing his representing that he is also on a draw(like the player who wins).

I would be raising after the flop, as he hits top pair, does he really want to give his oppo the correct odds to call to chase?(although i doubt it even matters on sky poker as alot of ppl dont even know about pot odds and will call any bet, praying to hit a out)

then on the turn, i guess its not as bad because he has bet(however these are the similar bets that i make on 4nl. he shud be making either a pot size bet or shove(again to do with pot odds)

if the fish calls, then so be it he hit one of his 6 outs(a or j) but the fish wouldn't have the correct odds to call therefore a bad play imo.