You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AK reraised pre and miss flop against 34 BB stack

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Basically I miss flop here and of course the donkey half-pot bets out so is this just a 'jesus you bloody awful player' then fold or do I stick him in and gamble he hasn't got a pair ?
jonah54 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £6.25
JRH2424 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £4.11
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

KEITHLIN2 Fold        
X Raise   £0.16 £0.22 £1.74
Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.56 £0.78 £3.50
jonah54 Fold        
JRH2424 Fold        
X Call   £0.40 £1.18 £1.34
Flop

X Bet   £0.63 £1.81 £0.71
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited June 2011
    does donkey open much pre?
  • edited June 2011
    Not any massive reads but I don't recall them raising while I've been at the table, mainly just limp stuff.
  • edited June 2011

shove and bink

• edited June 2011
    He prob has a pair between 22-77 or a flush draw, don't think your in bad shape against that lot.

If I'm playing a load of tables at nl4, which is what I'd tell you to do if I was advising you, then I'd just fold it.

If I was 1/2 tabling I'd get it in.

The difference being if I'm playing 10 tables my strategy is just 100% value and playing robotic poker, if I was on 2/3 I'd pay more attention to marginal spots like this.

Gotta get that win-rate up somehow!
  • edited June 2011
    Well right now I've moved up to 3 tables, yes it's still crazy low compared to some folks, but it just ensures I can keep up with the game.

I guess in this situation a lot of bad NL4 players will do it with just overs which obvz I beat but I hate taking that 'gamble' when there's always gonna be spots where I'm more sure I'm ahead.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: AK reraised pre and miss flop against 34 BB stack:
    Well right now I've moved up to 3 tables, yes it's still crazy low compared to some folks, but it just ensures I can keep up with the game. I guess in this situation a lot of bad NL4 players will do it with just overs which obvz I beat but I hate taking that 'gamble' when there's always gonna be spots where I'm more sure I'm ahead.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Its a cash game. Call if its +EV. Dont wait for better spots there is no reason to. Im not 100% whats best to do here but folding to wait for a better spot is bad
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: AK reraised pre and miss flop against 34 BB stack:
    In Response to Re: AK reraised pre and miss flop against 34 BB stack : Its a cash game. Call if its +EV. Dont wait for better spots there is no reason to. Im not 100% whats best to do here but folding to wait for a better spot is bad
    Posted by grantorino
    Why is it bad if I'm not 100% sure where I am, surely at this level there's no need just chuck £1.34 in when there will be spots where I'm a lot more certain I'm ahead.
  • edited June 2011
    Unless its your last £1.34 why not put it in if you think you are ahead? He wins you rebuy stack him later. You win happy days. This is why you practice bankroll management, so you can take slight edges

You can decide to fold because you dont think you have enough equity to call, fine, but if its a +EV call you should call
  • edited June 2011
    I am building a better BR and have got 23.5 BI's now so of course am not overly concerned about the £1.34 but I guess it's just my tight game plan and not liking to throw money in post flop with just Ace hgih.

In this spot though like Dohhh mentioned he can have a small pair but there's probably more times when he has worse overs so I guess your right about +EV and the shove was the best play....
  • edited June 2011
    smells like an over pair to me.
    he's pot committed after betting the flop
    not knowing the player - if they've done this they have got something especially at nl4
    I'd fold and swear!