You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pretty easy deepstack fold right....?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
£1/£2 cash table, 6 or 7 handed  I'm sat around £450.  Open for £7 UTG with AcJc, TAG BB calls from SB (£660ish), Lag calls from BB (£380ish)

£21 pot, flop AhKhJh.

SB checks, BB checks, I lead for £14, SB TAG muicks, BB LAG instantly makes it £130.  I've been pretty inactive, so I have to believe he knows I have a hand.  Trouble is he can easily do theis with  JxQh/Ax10h type hand, just looking to get it in and race.

I think for ages, do the whole show.  Its only an allin or fold decision really.  His bet is just too big, I've only invested marginally.  He either has a made hand (10Q or two hearts), his bet doesnt really give me the opportunity to fill up on value.  So I fold AJ face up.  Table mates call me an uber nit. 

My hand doesnt really play well against a c/r's range here, plus it felt like he wanted action.

Comments

• edited June 2011

Ugh.

I don't agree it's all in or fold.....

I would call or fold, I'd probably call, and call/put the rest in on blank turns.
  • edited June 2011

I cant get it to copy across but I got 47% equity on pokerstove against what I thought was reasonable range (a pretty bad one for you, you may be a little better), which I think means you can get it in. Reads on what his overbet means would be important. Im also not so sure you cant flat here, kinda sucks calling that big a raise though

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Pretty easy deepstack fold right....?:
    Ugh. I don't agree it's all in or fold..... I would call or fold, I'd probably call, and call/put the rest in on blank turns.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    With a bet this size I'm only really thinking of playing for stacks bud, I cant really call the re raise hoping not see a range of turn cards, its too big a chunk of my stack IMO, but I could be wrong.

I'm just not happy calling off that much to c/f turn/to still be drawing real slim against a made hand/or missing value when the turn bricks and we see four checks or a c/f by opponent.

Plus if the turn bricks and he leads I have no more info than I did on flop.  I could still be drawing to a FH.

I really dont feel like i can justify a peel here,  like I say, I could be wrong though.  Hated folding to him though.  It was the guy from the other hand I posted (the 2nd nut straight vs weak two pair A7) so i got it all in the end anywho :)
  • edited June 2011
    against that guy if I seen the other hand first there is no way I fold
  • edited June 2011
    This hand was prior to the A7.  Which added to my belief that opponent didnt have KQ

Thankfully I waited out opponent on this hand so long he agreed to show, showing 10Q for made nut straight, no heart.  So I couldnt believe in the other hand he could have struck gold again.

Definately not the way I play the vulnerable nut straight, with the 3H board.  I knid of wanted to say to thim at the end of the session that how these two hands played might help his game. 

He makes a vulnerable nut straight, massively overplaying it, forcing a fold and gaining the utter minimum.
    I make the nut straight and take everything in front of him, my folded hand being significacantly stronger than his was at any point when I felted him.

But this would clearly have been terrible form, plus I was too busy stacking my chips :p