You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

3 Barrell Bluff into the Nutz with Ace High :)

garyK1972 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £22.61
Ubbi4820 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £20.31
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

YOUNG_GUN Raise  £0.80 £1.10 £20.17
NColley Fold     
DN34689 Fold     
yidarmy747 Call  £0.80 £1.90 £20.60
garyK1972 Fold     
Ubbi4820 Fold     
Flop

YOUNG_GUN Check     
yidarmy747 Bet  £1.00 £2.90 £19.60
YOUNG_GUN Raise  £3.20 £6.10 £16.97
yidarmy747 Call  £2.20 £8.30 £17.40
Turn

YOUNG_GUN Bet  £4.60 £12.90 £12.37
yidarmy747 Call  £4.60 £17.50 £12.80
River

YOUNG_GUN All-in  £12.37 £29.87 £0.00
yidarmy747 Call  £12.37 £42.24 £0.43
YOUNG_GUN Show
  • Q
  • A

yidarmy747 Show

yidarmy747 Win Four 2s £40.44  £40.87

Comments

• edited June 2011
    lol, what are you doing?
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: 3 Barrell Bluff into the Nutz with Ace High :):
    lol, what are you doing?
    Posted by grantorino
    Repping strength vs the nuts obviously lol i know they dont fold out made hands here but honestly thought they had nothing ... good read huh :P
  • edited June 2011
    c/r flop looks fos, esp on a dry flop

betting blank turn is questionable to say the least

river, what on earth do you think they fold that beats you?

I dont mind 3barrell bluffs ,but this is spewtastic
  • edited June 2011
    Flop i check raise to take the pot there as low flop, after calling i think a hand like A9/K9 or open ender

I didnt say that he will fold out hands that will beat me i have said i felt he had nothing or maybe the above.

Anyways i didnt want advice ty just wanted to show a nice 3 barrell bluff going wrong lol nvm :)
  • edited June 2011
    love it!!!! bluffing into quads is amazing :)  if ur gonna look silly mays well be into a monster rather than get owned here with like 66 haha

btw if you had AA would you C/R a flop like this?  if so then ur line is fine.  if not then ur line is terrible lol.

• edited June 2011
    I would check raise mainly with sets and overpairs yes

Yeah i didnt mind being shown the nuts i was just like owned, still not the worst sessions only 25bb down but was card dead, probably should have been less eg. this spewy hand lol
  • edited June 2011

First of all we all bluff at the wrong time sometimes, and also just because he had quads this time doesnt mean its a bad bluff. I know you posted this as a lol look what I did, but I am going to comment on some of your play, because imo this is by far the worst hand I have seen posted by you

c/r flop as pfr is an unusual play. The only reason I see to do it is as a bluff, I think betting is much better as a value play and because I never use it for value I never do it as a bluff. You say you sometimes do it with big hands which makes it not as bad, but I think you should never be doing it and if an unknown c/r me as pfr I would expect it to be a bluff a huge % of the time. Its a line I almost never see good regs take

Turn you get the very worst barrell card and you still bet which seems bad readless to me, although I guess sometimes villain might have called to "see what you do" but to me its a clear c/f

He never folds river with a better hand and he never calls with worse so I dont see why you bet. c/c is better than betting but againits a clear c/f imo

Flop line for me should be either b/f intending to barrell most turns if called or else just c/f. With reads against an aggro opponent you could maybe b/3b, or against weak passive players bet flop and give up unimproved if called

Anyway I know you didnt really post this for analysis, but just my 2c. I spew even worse myself fwiw

• edited June 2011
    Shut down river and its ok :p
  • edited June 2011

Wiiiiiiiii......... Awesome

I honestly thought I was the only one that did things like this

Trying to rep what opponent has ftw

• edited June 2011
    Grantorino not a problem as i said in my PM, i know the correct play is to bet/fold flop really just a bit of fancy play syndrome

I do this with both bluffs and made hands but not often with bluffs if im honest just if i think the timings good which obviously was well out here lol
  • edited June 2011
    hey I'd have done the same thing...you couldnt have really seen it coming..and i've won some of the best games ive played with the odd bluff 
     like the fact youve got the balls to post it as an LOL
    fair play to you ! x
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: 3 Barrell Bluff into the Nutz with Ace High :):
    hey I'd have done the same thing...you couldnt have really seen it coming..and i've won some of the best games ive played with the odd bluff   like the fact youve got the balls to post it as an LOL fair play to you ! x
    Posted by jasmin83
    Awww thanks hun, cheers for your comments and welcome to the forum xx
  • edited June 2011
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

I pulled about 5 of these last night and walked into monsters every time...I'm such a donkfish lol!!!

xx
  • edited June 2011
    Save these moves for forum cash games.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to 3 Barrell Bluff into the Nutz with Ace High :):

Lol. Good to know I'm not the only one!