You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

and again. WTF are you doing Sky?

edited June 2011 in Area 51
skymac47 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £6.97
Norbit Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £8.31
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • J

Seagull158 Raise  £0.16 £0.28 £6.41
alias15 Raise  £0.24 £0.52 £4.62
stevo249 Fold     
yazzykid Call  £0.24 £0.76 £5.26
skymac47 Raise  £0.52 £1.28 £6.45
Norbit Fold     
Seagull158 Call  £0.40 £1.68 £6.01
alias15 Call  £0.32 £2.00 £4.30
yazzykid Call  £0.32 £2.32 £4.94
Flop

• J

skymac47 Check     
Seagull158 Bet  £1.20 £3.52 £4.81
alias15 Fold     
yazzykid Fold     
skymac47 All-in  £6.45 £9.97 £0.00
Seagull158 All-in  £4.81 £14.78 £0.00
skymac47 Unmatched bet  £0.44 £14.34 £0.44
skymac47 Show
  • Q
  • A

Seagull158 Show
  • Q
  • J

Turn

River

• A

skymac47 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 4s £13.26  £13.70

Comments

• edited June 2011
    How long have you been playing poker Seagull ?

The hand you've posted is part of poker, Doesn't matter if it happens here, on any other online site or live. It just happens.

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: and again. WTF are you doing Sky?:
    How long have you been playing poker Seagull ? The hand you've posted is part of poker, Doesn't matter if it happens here, on any other online site or live. It just happens.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    It shouldnt happen ALL THE ****ING TIME!
  • edited June 2011
    Just try another site and you'll understand......

I don't know why you haven't already? - Unless your issue is with online poker in general and not just sky....?

• edited June 2011
    Just try another site and you'll understand...... I don't know why you haven't already? - Unless your issue is with online poker in general and not just sky....?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    It shouldnt happen ALL THE TIME. When you put your money in good you should win more often than lose. Unless its rigged.
  • edited June 2011
    i know what you mean, flush over flupod1Small blind £0.50£0.50£98.14MrVHSENNABig blind £1.00£1.50£155.96 Your hole cards8K   EVILEDNAFold    lownes10Fold    robbiepostRaise £3.00£4.50£89.05ezryderFold    pod1Raise £8.50£13.00£89.64MrVHSENNAFold    robbiepostCall £6.00£19.00£83.05Flop  7Q3   pod1Bet £9.50£28.50£80.14robbiepostRaise £28.50£57.00£54.55pod1Call £19.00£76.00£61.14Turn  A   pod1Check    robbiepostCheck    River  J   pod1Bet £38.00£114.00£23.14robbiepostAll-in £54.55£168.55£0.00pod1Call £16.55£185.10£6.59pod1Show8K   robbiepostShowQ9   pod1WinFlush to the King£183.30 £189.89PrevClose windowNextsh can be a killer!!!
  • edited June 2011
    Why are you min raising utg , then calling another 40 pre?
  • edited June 2011
    You're looking at the last week/month/2 months, or however long ur downswing has been....as an isolated period.

I'm sure over the extended period of time that you started playing on sky, until now, you're hand has held up when ahead much more often than you have been outdrawn when ahead.

Put it in perspective, it's just a bad run of cards.
  • edited June 2011
    I know I slate people for trotting out cliches but I'm gonna agree with ibluff.  Don't gi calling 4bets preflop with Q/J.  Can't be profitable long term bud - fold these hands.  Some of the other hands you posted, you played ok and got unlucky - this one you played badly I'm afraid.

Preflop he probably has A/A K/K Q/Q J/J 10/10 A/K or A/Q - postflop you can only beat 3 of these and it is unlikely he is shoving with any of them.  Did you really think he was going to turn over a hand you were beating or was it a tilt call?
  • edited June 2011
    I know I slate people for trotting out cliches but I'm gonna agree with ibluff.  Don't gi calling 4bets preflop with Q/J.  Can't be profitable long term bud - fold these hands.  Some of the other hands you posted, you played ok and got unlucky - this one you played badly I'm afraid. Preflop he probably has A/A K/K Q/Q J/J 10/10 A/K or A/Q - postflop you can only beat 3 of these and it is unlikely he is shoving with any of them.  Did you really think he was going to turn over a hand you were beating or was it a tilt call?
    Posted by AyrGraeme
    Regardless of whether I should have folded PF, the fact is all my money went in when I was ahead and yet again I got sucked out. Happens far too often to be random.
  • edited June 2011
    Only read OP seagull but I cant even begin to tell you how bad the JQo UTG hand is played.  Thats a pretty consistent spot to be losing money on.
  • edited June 2011
    Only read OP seagull but I cant even begin to tell you how bad the JQo UTG hand is played.  Thats a pretty consistent spot to be losing money on.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Please elaborate. Yes, the PF play was a bit loose but all the money went in on the flop when I have TP decent kicker against A high with only runner runner straight and flush draws. Admittedly runner runner draws are typically about 50% on Sky but, even so, I don't see what's wrong with my play.
  • edited June 2011
    I dont see why everyone always jumps on ppls backs for this is a bad beat post not a 'how can i play better' post, i think we've all gathered preflop utg its a fold.

however unless ur putting oppo on aces kings queens, a 4 or tphk then why would u not call his all in. u played fine after flop imo, but got beaten by a 3 outer. it happens to everyone and u just have to pick yourself up and dust ur self off. one day the 3 outer wont hit and u will get paid simples.
  • edited June 2011
    I dont see why everyone always jumps on ppls backs for this is a bad beat post not a 'how can i play better' post, i think we've all gathered preflop utg its a fold. however unless ur putting oppo on aces kings queens, a 4 or tphk then why would u not call his all in. u played fine after flop imo, but got beaten by a 3 outer. it happens to everyone and u just have to pick yourself up and dust ur self off. one day the 3 outer wont hit and u will get paid simples.
    Posted by Crunchybob
    Because its part of the point, if he didnt call pre he wouldnt of had a "bad beat" against him.
  • edited June 2011
    You minraise UTG with QJ then call off a reraise, this just looks like spew to me.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: and again. WTF are you doing Sky? : Please elaborate. Yes, the PF play was a bit loose but all the money went in on the flop when I have TP decent kicker against A high with only runner runner straight and flush draws. Admittedly runner runner draws are typically about 50% on Sky but, even so, I don't see what's wrong with my play.
    Posted by Seagull158
    Since you asked me to elaborate bud: When playing online you really are mostly playing the numbers, especially at the lower levels.  Raising JQo UTG, then calling a 3 bet is just going to get you into a lot of trouble in the longrun.  Your being very results orientated here bud.  You are still easily dominated on flop more often than not, yes your not in this case, but you can easily get it in on a Q high flop (rather than J), what would be your defense in this case?

You go to the flop in horrific shape, but spike your 3 outer,  Then he spikes his.  In alot of ways you get very lucky to suck out on him giving starting hands, so its hard to be sympathetic to the Bad beat  He just evens the score.  It does suck that you get your money in good on the flop.  But play this hand 100 times given the same action and your going to lose a bundle (with a variation of flops).  When people talk about plugging leaks bud they are talking about this.  The only flop you should really be excited about is a draw to a nut straight (sat deep), starting with JQ.

If you take away the way the action plays off the flop, playing JQo/s from UTG in this way is going to really cost you in the long run bud.  Genuinely mean this as constructive criticism sir, you need an edge at NLHE, JQUTG just doesnt offer it at all, too easily dominated.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: and again. WTF are you doing Sky? : Since you asked me to elaborate bud: When playing online you really are mostly playing the numbers, especially at the lower levels.  Raising JQo UTG, then calling a 3 bet is just going to get you into a lot of trouble in the longrun.  Your being very results orientated here bud.  You are still easily dominated on flop more often than not, yes your not in this case, but you can easily get it in on a Q high flop (rather than J), what would be your defense in this case? You go to the flop in horrific shape, but spike your 3 outer,  Then he spikes his.  In alot of ways you get very lucky to suck out on him giving starting hands, so its hard to be sympathetic to the Bad beat  He just evens the score.  It does suck that you get your money in good on the flop.  But play this hand 100 times given the same action and your going to lose a bundle (with a variation of flops).  When people talk about plugging leaks bud they are talking about this.  The only flop you should really be excited about is a draw to a nut straight (sat deep), starting with JQ. If you take away the way the action plays off the flop, playing JQo/s from UTG in this way is going to really cost you in the long run bud.  Genuinely mean this as constructive criticism sir, you need an edge at NLHE, JQUTG just doesnt offer it at all, too easily dominated.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Thanks for the explanation. It's very insightful and I get what you're saying.

• edited June 2011
    Site just runs in streaks. Embrace it......
  • edited June 2011
    Seagull, I hope you take this the right way  

I honestly feel if you spent more time looking at your play and less time complaining about bad beats, other players play and "rigged sites" you'd get on  a lot better... and be a lot happier
  • edited June 2011
    Seagull, I hope you take this the right way   I honestly feel if you spent more time looking at your play and less time complaining about bad beats, other players play and "rigged sites" you'd get on  a lot better... and be a lot happier
    Posted by JockBMW
    Yep, no problem.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: and again. WTF are you doing Sky? : It shouldnt happen ALL THE TIME. When you put your money in good you should win more often than lose. Unless its rigged.
    Posted by Seagull158
    it doesnt...you just keep posting everytime you get a suckout....

i could post 30 "bad beats" of mine from over the last week from here and other sites it dont mean its rigged....

try another site for 3 weeks then post your reults i.e profit/loss see if they are different..
    gl..dave