You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

player raising on anything

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
how do u play against someone that keeps raising every hand no matter what they got , even if you call , they keep raising , flop turn river ,raise raise raise

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Simples, wait for the goods...then take it all :)
  • edited June 2011
    Had a player like that on NL4 earlier, bloody dream, just sit and wait for Aces liturally. Good thing was this guy reloaded about 5 times lolz.
  • edited June 2011
    Depends how good the opponent is, if he's just a complete aggressive maniac but with no idea what he's doing then you can just exploit him by shoving over the top of his raises (tournament) or in cash, just let him be a maniac and wait for a big hand and get paid, don't try bluff the guy.
    If he's a good LAG, i'd try my hardest to avoid playing hands OOP against him, you're going to get nowhere, I'd 3bet in position occasionally, even with marginals, but like I said, i'd be folding hands like 10J OOP. If you flop a monster, I'd lean towards trapping and maybe c/c instead of maybe c/r if you had a different opponent, this if you know he's easily capable of firing three rounds. And don't be scared of calling down the streets with top pair on a scary board, you'll be good more times than not against a LAG.