You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mastercash Hand which has bugged me for a week

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance0mcSmall blind £1.50£1.50£1258.71RUNITSRANNBig blind £3.00£4.50£708.40 Your hole cardsQJ   BrownnDogFold    LOL_RAISEFold    CoxyLboroRaise £12.00£16.50£601.50TommyDRaise £36.00£52.50£994.670mcCall £34.50£87.00£1224.21RUNITSRANNFold    CoxyLboroCall £24.00£111.00£577.50Flop  K35   0mcCheck    CoxyLboroCheck    TommyDBet £81.00£192.00£913.670mcRaise £162.00£354.00£1062.21CoxyLboroRaise £243.00£597.00£334.50TommyD

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I don't normally leave the names in these but as this was shown on the Mastercash show and TOTP repeats since I don't think it can rub anyone up the wrong way.

Session reads:

Coxy is chasing a bad session at the moment (which I think he turns into a small win by the end).  He's still playing well but his aggression is set to the max.  0mc is 0mc, seeing a lot of hands pre.

What is bugging me is is this a shoving spot?  I don't think is shove is in anyway a semi bluff here because I have no fold equity v Coxy.  I have him at this point on nothing but sets, 0mc I have on KQ, KJ.  With what's in there and what is behind both players is this a shove?  Am I priced in now?
  • edited June 2011
    looks like a fold to me, but Im too lazy to work it out properly at the moment. Obv depends a lot on how often 0mc folds and what his calling range is
  • edited June 2011
    Snap fold for me, you only have a flush draw right and how can Coxy bet fold half of his stack ?
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Mastercash Hand which has bugged me for a week:
    Snap fold for me, you only have a flush draw right and how can Coxy bet fold half of his stack ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    He's not folding.  As I said I have him on a set.  The question is will 0mc call to cover both of us and do I then have the right odds v these two players.
  • edited June 2011
    Im not a maths person,

But, my instinct tells me that a shove cant be a winning play over time..

We have 8 outs, assuming our flush is live. ( i dont think the 5 spades is an out here)

If it is three way, based on the size of the pot, then we may have the price.. Im too thick to work it out tho (unlike gt, who is too lazy)

But, i dont like it. I fold.

• edited June 2011
    nothing you can do but fold with these stacksizes.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Mastercash Hand which has bugged me for a week:
    nothing you can do but fold with these stacksizes.
    Posted by offshoot
    seems like an easy fold without even a draw to the nuts. Could shove and be up against nightmare scenario of set and A4s  ???
  • edited June 2011

Ok let's tie this one up as it was on TOTP again last night.  I folded, Coxy had a set of Threes and 0mc had AK.  0mc shoved over the top, Coxy called and I would have missed.

Nice to get some assurance :)

• edited June 2011
    Think you played it right, think its a fold, no need to be chasing against 2 opponents.

without bein results orrientated, didnt coxy have a set in the end?

GF