You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

hero call or got to fold?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
villian here likes to bet draws or buy the pot river bet for me was a middle pair or a missed draw whats your thoughts.
6/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceDAV2Small blind £0.25£0.25£98.38BENDOG40Big blind £0.50£0.75£66.19 Your hole cardsAQ   artful83Fold    gerrard9Fold     Raise £2.00£2.75£75.72goonerwinFold    DAV2Fold    BENDOG40Call £1.50£4.25£64.69Flop  2KK   BENDOG40Check     Bet £3.00£7.25£72.72BENDOG40Call £3.00£10.25£61.69Turn  4   BENDOG40Check     Bet £7.00£17.25£65.72BENDOG40Call £7.00£24.25£54.69River  5   BENDOG40Check     Bet £16.00£40.25£49.72BENDOG40       

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Not sure why you called the turn tbh

But if you think your ahead on the turn, then by all means call the river based on your read...

I prefer to either fold the turn, or make a c/r bluff. Prob fold it tho.

• edited June 2011
    I prob 3bet pre

floating flop oop is always going to be tricky, if hes aggro I prob just give up

Either fold turn or call turn call river without a very specific read
  • edited June 2011
    I know what you're doing Bendog!!

After all the nitty folds you've posted lately you're trying to balance your image with this and the AK bluff!

wp! ;)
  • edited June 2011
    3betting or calling pre is fine, i don't mind floating the flop although it's difficult OOP, but if you've gone this far in the hand you have to call on the river, or c/r would be better/leading out is fine aswell
  • edited June 2011
    Snap fold turn, check calling on two streets seems very spewy to me.
  • edited June 2011
    villian showed up with 910dia i hero called £16 on ace high scary for a nit like me lol
  • edited June 2011
    I understand your line and with a read its fine. 

I much prefer checking behind on all streets, essentialy your building the pot IP to be pushed off, like almost happens.  If you feel like A high is best here  but have been called on flop, I'm happy to let a free one come off @ turn and c/c a smaller river bluff catcher.

He easily holds a PP here much of the time.  You make a big fade, from 1prs and diamonds here
  • edited June 2011
    would say its player based, if you got  a feeling he is firing 3  at you with nowt so be it. ps i would never do that to you so remember that!! honest!!
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: hero call or got to fold?:
    would say its player based, if you got  a feeling he is firing 3  at you with nowt so be it. ps i would never do that to you so remember that!! honest!!
    Posted by pod1
    u forget ive played you a few times lol but very dangerous to 3 barrell a nit like me. 
    yes this hand was very player dependant.
  • edited June 2011
    I dont like the check call on every street however I assume that at best you put him on the flush draw so for me its a check raise on the turn as apposed to your check call, take back control or fold here, if he 4-bets you then that changes things but probably makes it easier for you to get away from the hand. By the river you only beat a bluff but as you say u had a read and it paid off as he was on the draw.
  • edited June 2011
    Hate this play. Your asking for trouble. I'm guessing you called and won??? Defo not a profitable play tho. 

This is even worse than your JJ play vs me ;-)