You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what to do here?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Your threads are really simple! put him all in! I know a possible flush and straight has got there but he's going to call with much much worse! 
You could have checked back the flop, but betting it is fine, but as played i like the check back on the turn. 

Comments

• edited June 2011
    13th hand sat at table. I know I shouldnt have given him a free card on turn.
    OBECALP Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £4.83
    prehab Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £13.69
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

booler-t Fold     
    Call  £0.08 £0.20 £7.72
    Seagull158 Raise  £0.40 £0.60 £7.28
    OBECALP Fold     
    prehab Call  £0.32 £0.92 £13.37
    Call  £0.32 £1.24 £7.40
    Flop

• A

prehab Check     
    Check     
    Seagull158 Bet  £0.80 £2.04 £6.48
    prehab Fold     
    Call  £0.80 £2.84 £6.60
    Turn

Check     
    Seagull158 Check     
    River

• J

Bet  £2.84 £5.68 £3.76
    Seagull158????
  • edited June 2011

I just call, not right happy about it.....

Sigh, call! :(
  • edited June 2011
    I shoved and he called with 10 3ss for the flush.
    I guess calling would have saved me some money but I feel rather aggrieved to get stacked (yet again).
  • edited June 2011
    Do you start a thread everytime you lose a hand?
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: what to do here?:
    Your threads are really simple! put him all in! I know a possible flush and straight has got there but he's going to call with much much worse!  You could have checked back the flop, but betting it is fine, but as played i like the check back on the turn. 
    Posted by percival09
    They may seem to be simple decisions to you but what I'm doing, as per Wacko's advice, is posting the hands where i get stacked in order to see if it can/should be avoided or if it's just continual bad luck.
  • edited June 2011
    I think this is a fair enough hand to post.

I actually think shoving is a mistake. But maybe I'm wrong.

You already have a difference of opinion from the first 2 replies, so well worth posting.
  • edited June 2011
    I flat river bud, definately not a raise for me, after river comes for free and fills str anf flush hands.

I'm not hugely surprised if a hand has got there though.
  • edited June 2011
    Do you start a thread everytime you lose a hand?
    Posted by stevemeat
    No, I'm posting up the hands that have cost me asignificant money to find out whther I played it badly or just got unlucky. In the case of your ridiculous 76 I definitely got very unlucky.

and welcome to the forum, meat.
  • edited June 2011
    I personally don't like the cbet on the flop against two players.

Snap call river make a note.
  • edited June 2011
    I personally don't like the cbet on the flop against two players. Snap call river make a note.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    what note do I make? "this guy is a complete and utter **** and I want to tear his ****ing head off"?

This guy subsequently went AI with 32o, got called by AJ and hit trip 3s.
  • edited June 2011
    lol ok, i'm not saying don't post them, i'm saying it's an easy decision. Keep posting them by all means too improve your play. 
  • edited June 2011
    A note like 'will call flop with no hand/draw and then shove when has good hand'.
  • edited June 2011
    A note like 'will call flop with no hand/draw and then shove when has good hand'.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    LOL worst note of all notes. 
    Just write very wide calling range pre/donk lol
  • edited June 2011
    I must say I dont like the c-bet on the flop against 2 players at this level as u know people will call a big raise pre with any rag ace.

However on the river I would just call as KQ is definately a possibility given that people cant fold a gutshot post flop either.

In my view if u shove ur only getting called by better - flush or straight as a hand like say A10 surely would have re-raised your flop bet?
  • edited June 2011
    prob a call against most villains, but I dont hate shoving either
  • edited June 2011
    Am I the only one who desn't mind the cbet on the flop? I know we're against 2 others but we've got position & was the pre flop aggressor so we could certainly hold an ace. 

As played I also check the turn as the c/c on the flop suggests he likely holds an ace. 

I think a flat on the river is the way to go imo. All sorts of draws have got there but we're now also beating a lot of 1 & 2 pair hands as well. I personally don't shove here as the majority of the time I think we're only ever getting called by hands that beat us.
  • edited June 2011
    Am I the only one who desn't mind the cbet on the flop? I know we're against 2 others but we've got position & was the pre flop aggressor so we could certainly hold an ace.  As played I also check the turn as the c/c on the flop suggests he likely holds an ace.  I think a flat on the river is the way to go imo. All sorts of draws have got there but we're now also beating a lot of 1 & 2 pair hands as well. I personally don't shove here as the majority of the time I think we're only ever getting called by hands that beat us.
    Posted by silentbob
    Looks like i'm on my own in this, I'd agree if it were higher limits and you know opponents aren't stacking easily, but at this level i'm convinved most players are stacking off with 2 pair, which probably makes it a profitable play?