You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hand Histroy 383840388 Not picked up a bounty in last 7 tournamets

Sick of being mugged over and moved to tables where im chip dominated so no chance of getting a bounty either!

What else am i suposed to do???

I call big blind Q K Hearts 150

Chip leader raises to 750

Ive called

Flop 8D 4C QC

He snaps all in 10k +

I Snap call him back because i feel hes totally missed the flop.

Cards go over AC KD.

Turn 8C

River KC

Im sick of entering into hands where i know i have an 85% chance of winning and constantly keep getting whacked.

I constantly hear about sticking to your guns and making the right plays  and you will win more than you lose on the TV channel, put me in a poker room in a live game and things are on a level playing field! Shorts stacks never prosper.

Online id rather be a lucky player than a good player! :-(

Comments

• edited June 2011
    this shouldnt be in clinic imo ul mate u got in ahead
  • edited June 2011
    Why are you just limping with King Queen suited?
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Hand Histroy 383840388 Not picked up a bounty in last 7 tournamets:
    Why are you just limping with King Queen suited?
    Posted by corn_rat22
    Because i had a change of tactics, 1. Because i were out of position and 2. that i had been pushing the table about for the last 20 minutes, by being agressive with good hands and people folding to me and not getting any value, the limp surely has nothing to do with it! I hit the flop with a queen, killed his king with my king as a pair/trips scenario, he had 3 Aces to help him. or runner runner clubs or runner runner straight, please do not say i made the wrong call, hense why i snapped called his all in, granted i probably shouldn't have been there in the first place, but once the flop came i wasn't going anywhere!
  • edited June 2011
    The read on his play should be commended more than the eventual out come surly?? :(
  • edited June 2011
    Im also not a fan of the limp call fair enough if its just a standard raise after but 600 more with KQ is spewy bud

after the flop its ul but its either raise pre or fold, if people keep folding to your raises more reason to keep raising! especially when you have a decent hand(not KQ) because people will tend to fightback eventually
  • edited June 2011
    Yup the limp is bad.

Rather than cursing your luck or moaning about the things you can't control, why not take something from the thread that can help you in the future?

You seem to want to just gloss over the real problem of your limp in with a strong hand, and concentrate on your bad luck.

Nobody can help you run better mate, cud help you play better though, if you'd listen........
  • edited June 2011
    i would echo, don't limp pre

about the only time limping pre is good is if u have AA or KK in early position and you are pretty confident 1 or 2 aggressive players will raise you - but even then, you are probably still better off just raising

lets say you limp and it folds round, the button calls, the small blind fills up and the big blind checks - you have to hit the flop pretty hard to be sure you have the best hand

moral of the story is don't open limp
  • edited June 2011
    If you play bad and lose you can only blame yourself.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Hand Histroy 383840388 Not picked up a bounty in last 7 tournamets:
    If you play bad and lose you can only blame yourself.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I got the action i required i made my mind up preflop any way, if i raised pre flop he would have just called and even if say i raise to 500 and he to 1000 then im seein the flop, i hit, he didnt, he went all in, i knew he had nothing and he was miles behind, i got exactly what i wanted from him and the flop gave him nothing, i dont normally play that way just like

When i had J J raise, re-raise, preflop. FLOP J A J and i still lose allin in after flop TURN 2, RIVER A against A A

MY A A, i raise, FLOP A Q J, I call a raise, TURN Q ALLIN cards go over his Q 9 RIVER Youve guessed it Q

Im sick of dirty bead beats!

I never win ever! It's disgusting! :-(
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Hand Histroy 383840388 Not picked up a bounty in last 7 tournamets : Because i had a change of tactics, 1. Because i were out of position and 2. that i had been pushing the table about for the last 20 minutes, by being agressive with good hands and people folding to me and not getting any value, the limp surely has nothing to do with it! I hit the flop with a queen, killed his king with my king as a pair/trips scenario, he had 3 Aces to help him. or runner runner clubs or runner runner straight, please do not say i made the wrong call, hense why i snapped called his all in, granted i probably shouldn't have been there in the first place, but once the flop came i wasn't going anywhere!
    Posted by Wutmyster

i never said it was a bad call, i said it was a bad LIMP. as it was, if you reckon you've been bossing the table round then why suddenly change your tactics? dont change a winning team? so don't change a winning strategy
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Hand Histroy 383840388 Not picked up a bounty in last 7 tournamets : I got the action i required i made my mind up preflop any way, if i raised pre flop he would have just called and even if say i raise to 500 and he to 1000 then im seein the flop, i hit, he didnt, he went all in, i knew he had nothing and he was miles behind, i got exactly what i wanted from him and the flop gave him nothing, i dont normally play that way just like When i had J J raise, re-raise, preflop. FLOP J A J and i still lose allin in after flop TURN 2, RIVER A against A A MY A A, i raise, FLOP A Q J, I call a raise, TURN Q ALLIN cards go over his Q 9 RIVER Youve guessed it Q Im sick of dirty bead beats! I never win ever! It's disgusting! :-(
    Posted by Wutmyster
    if the guy is gonna call you whatever, then you should defiantely be raising and be glad about it
    before you said you was bossing the table and everyone was folding to your raises - so why would you think he was gonna call?

also, don't make your mind up about post flop till you see all the action pre-flop and then see the flop.

edit -- /> if made mind up gonna shove the flop, shove pre
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Hand Histroy 383840388 Not picked up a bounty in last 7 tournamets:
    Im sick of entering into hands where i know i have an 85% chance of winning and constantly keep getting whacked. I constantly hear about sticking to your guns and making the right plays  and you will win more than you lose on the TV channel, put me in a poker room in a live game and things are on a level playing field! Shorts stacks never prosper. Online id rather be a lucky player than a good player! :-(
    Posted by Wutmyster
    It's all a conspiracy !!! There all out to get you !!!

Your on a downswing, get over it - once you turn the corner you will start winning all your 85%

peace