You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this a calling hand here?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi Again, Great advice last time, so i came back for more :)

£1000k Mini Bounty Hunter from tonight. 24 Players remaining.

Am i right to be calling with A,10 Suited here? Or, in the long run, should i be passing and waiting for a stronger hand?

Also, would you class this as unlucky? (even though to be fair he's hit a full house and i shouldnt really moan)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
LnarinOO Small blind  1000.00 1000.00 34665.52
m60_oh_YEAH Big blind  2000.00 3000.00 24972.24
  Your hole cards
  • A

spudgun720 Fold     
bromley04 Fold     
wizz58 Fold     
LnarinOO All-in  34665.52 37665.52 0.00
m60_oh_YEAH All-in  24972.24 62637.76 0.00
LnarinOO Unmatched bet  8693.28 53944.48 8693.28
LnarinOO Show
  • A

m60_oh_YEAH Show
  • A

Flop

• K

Turn

• A

River

• Q

LnarinOO Win Full House, 5s and Aces 53944.48  62637.76

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Yep, wp. I'd shove/call in any position with your stack with this hand, but the fact it's SB on BB makes it even more of a good spot! 
  • edited June 2011
    Thanks, thats what i thought (in regards to it being SB - BB) .. i had seen him go all in earlier in the same situation and get lucky then.

Thinking back to this though kind of frustrates me. I got down to the last 24 out of about 400+ and then it all ended so suddenly. I cant help thinking i could have won more if id stuck around. Or is that the wrong way to look at it?

(Im taking in all advice and trying to learn, my brain is quite a sponge so feed me the tips and info) :D .. Thanks again !
  • edited June 2011
    Believe me I have had that feeling so many times - think it's good experience though, the more you make mistakes in the latter stages of tournaments the more you'll learn and not make them in the future. But this hand wasn't a mistake, completely standard. If you're running that deep in big field tournaments you must be doing something right so just keep doing it! 
  • edited June 2011
    In big blind this is a snap call.

Why are you talking about 'even though to be fair he's hit a full house and i shouldnt really moan', that doesn't make a jott of difference to this hand that you got your money in ahead in.
  • edited June 2011
    12 BB's jammed from SB seems fine.

Argument could be made for waiting for a spot to stick it in yourself not having to win at showdown, but I think in this case your hand is strong enough against a SB jammers range + shortstacked enough to auto call.  UL
  • edited June 2011
  • edited June 2011
    BvB with these stacks I'm snap calling this all day long.

wd on getting so deep though. Just wish I could get as deep in these things
  • edited June 2011
    A fold here would be super tight and that kind of conservation wouldnt win you the tournament in the end anyway because at some point ur bound to be racing or flipping. However i think your questioning yourself simply because its not the greatest hand to call all ur chips away, you'd much rather be shipping first and thats where your doubting the call. Like most have said though, its BvB, you probably wouldnt find many better spots. Its an undesirable call but a must too, u got unlucky.