You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Wimbledon

edited July 2011 in Betting Chat
Anyone got any tips??? Had a 12 player acca today all very short prices, pays around 30/1 i think, no doubt 1 will get beat, the first couple of rounds are normally a great betting opportunity as you dont see that many shocks.

Shaz
xxxx

Comments

• edited June 2011
    ill be putting a few quid on S.Williams in the womens shes been out injured so her form ant been great  but she loves it hear so 6/1 looks a good bet
  • edited June 2011
    I was boring and went with Nadal or Djokovic to win outright. Can't see Federer beating any of the top four and though I'd like to see Andy do it, he may indeed get to the final, but I think its a year early yet for him.
  • edited June 2011
    the womens is wide open if i had a go it would be maria sharapova
  • edited June 2011

Just put £10 on Tsonga 33/1! Watched him play today and liked what I saw - know what I'm saying..

• edited June 2011
    Was unlikely Serene or Venus would win it this year. Once it got to the second week, the lack of match practice was bound to show and it did.

I stuck a bet on Lisicki at 28/1 and she's now 6/1. She's set to meet Sharapova in the Semi's and whoever wins that semi IMO will go on to win it.

As for the mens...my optimistic side has put a bet on Murray to beat Nadal and Fed to win it. Why? Well, it was 18/1 and his route to the final was very likely going to be Nadal/Fed, so it's a much better price than the 13/2 outright he was.

Personally I can't see past Federer winning it though. Trouble is at 2/1 it's not great value. He's prob 50/50 to win it so it's a 0ev bet really. I do however have a 5/1 on a Murray-Fed final. Nadal's obviously nursing a bit of an injury and I can see Murray definitely beating him. I also can't see Djokovic beating Fed. Here's a statistic for you: Djokovic has never won a grass court tourney. OK, so he's a much better player this year and has definitely improved on grass, but Fed is the king of Wimbledon and on his current form Djokovic is going to have to play his very best tennis to beat him. Can definitely not afford to play another match like how he played against Baghdatis.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Wimbledon:
    Just put £10 on Tsonga 33/1! Watched him play today and liked what I saw - know what I'm saying..
    Posted by Glenelg
    Still worth a few squid peeps!
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah Tsonga looked very good at Queens before Andy managed to beat him in the Final.

Its good that Federer is out, hope Nadal goes the same way against Andy and its a rematch between him and Djokovic in the final; and Andy gets revenge in the biggest tourney in tennis (I'm gonna lose on my bets if that happens but it'll be worth it)! Its gonna take some doing, but when he plays well he can do it - keep the faith!!
  • edited June 2011

Lissiki looked good v Bartoli, just hope she takes grunter out now.
  • edited July 2011

Nadal is nailed on to win again now i think, murry will crumble again