You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How to stop this?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hand History #384296267 (13:51 21/06/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceWAREZSmall blind £0.04£0.04£15.01UareLIMPERBig blind £0.08£0.12£7.28 Your hole cards10J   NanamveFold    toffee8305Call £0.08£0.20£5.66leoliamCall £0.08£0.28£14.48SPAZMOFold    WAREZRaise £0.16£0.44£14.85UareLIMPERRaise £0.32£0.76£6.96toffee8305Fold    leoliamFold    WAREZCall £0.20£0.96£14.65Flop  9102   WAREZCheck    UareLIMPERBet £0.48£1.44£6.48WAREZRaise £1.20£2.64£13.45UareLIMPERRaise £1.44£4.08£5.04WAREZAll-in £13.45£17.53£0.00UareLIMPERAll-in £5.04£22.57£0.00WAREZUnmatched bet £7.69£14.88£7.69WAREZShowQJ   UareLIMPERShow10J   Turn  5   River  K   WAREZWinStraight to the King£13.76 £21.45

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I dont like the re-raise pre, just flat. other then that if you put the opponent on open ender you have to get it in as you did and your favourate unlucky. Although in future i wouldnt stack of as light with bad kicker unless you think you crush the villains range or that they can only have a draw here.
  • edited June 2011
    hate the 3-bet readless, 10J suited is a hand you want to keep your money behind so you can play a possible draw aggressively and have a multi-way pot, your practically turning your hand into a bluff by 3betting. Also the 3-bet is too small with the limpers etc
    if i do for some reason 3bet here, i probz stack off aswell, you can't really 3-bet pre, hit top pair and bet fold. Also with your stack it's even harder to fold. Your mistake was deffo 3-betting pre.
  • edited June 2011
    Don't like anything that either of you did in this hand......

Comedy of errors, u were lucky to see he had JQ.

Instead of just posting hand histories, give some history/reads/your thought process thoughout the hand.

Maybe then we can understand why you are doing such wierd stuff......

• edited June 2011
    horrible over play of TJs. Expessially in cash. Again your shorting aswell, although near the 100BIs this time so i wont comment on that.

3betting pre with this hand is appauling expessially at this level. PEOPLE AT LOW STAKES DONT LIKE TO FOLD. ABC Poker a flat is fine but we;re not Playing for TP.

Stacking off with TP is just lol. Mistakes i used to make are all clear in this hand. QJ is the only thing you beat that shoves.

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: How to stop this?:
    horrible over play of TJs. Expessially in cash. Again your shorting aswell, although near the 100BIs this time so i wont comment on that. 3betting pre with this hand is appauling expessially at this level. PEOPLE AT LOW STAKES DONT LIKE TO FOLD. ABC Poker a flat is fine but we;re not Playing for TP. Stacking off with TP is just lol. Mistakes i used to make are all clear in this hand. QJ is the only thing you beat that shoves.
    Posted by The_Don90
    When he's 3-bet pre and hit this flop he has to stack off imo
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: How to stop this? : When he's 3-bet pre and hit this flop he has to stack off imo
    Posted by percival09
    he never has to stack till he doesnt tht crummy and appauling 4bet on the flop. The check raise in a 3bet flop stinks of strenth imo.
  • edited June 2011
    If he had a full buy in behind him i'd probably agree with you. But the fact he's also short means he has to stack i think. 
    Obv the hand is played bad but after he's made the initial 3-bet pre flop, and hits this, which is quite wet and people could just be playing draws aggressively, pretty sure getting it in is +EV with his stack etc
  • edited June 2011
    If he had a full buy in behind him i'd probably agree with you. But the fact he's also short means he has to stack i think.  Obv the hand is played bad but after he's made the initial 3-bet pre flop, and hits this, which is quite wet and people could just be playing draws aggressively, pretty sure getting it in is +EV with his stack etc
    Posted by percival09
    maybe ur right. Would like to see wht other says.
  • edited June 2011
    Call was HERO just unlucky. Also i am not short stacking 8 is the most you can buy in for. I would never just call pre.
  • edited June 2011
    Call was HERO just unlucky. Also i am not short stacking 8 is the most you can buy in for. I would never just call pre.
    Posted by UareLIMPER
    you can hardlty call hero unlucky. Calling pre is fine with TJs. He got called by a better hand and binked a 3 outer. the better hand still has

3x Q
    4x K
    4x 8

and running spades to hit. Which is a decent amount of outs.

3betting pre is terrible at these stakes with TJs.

Why do you post in the clinic if you know it all?????????
  • edited June 2011
    Oh sorry yeah didn't notice the blinds, just looked at villains stack lol! I'd still say you should stack off though because of the bad pre flop play
  • edited June 2011
    Only read OP, bud.

This is about as spewy as it gets.  I dont mean to be rude but I dont think you could play this hand worse if you set out to.

Hate the 3 bet pre, then you get your stack in with top pair no real kicker.  Really are just playing with your cards in the air praying that your good and praying that you hold.  Just awful.
  • edited June 2011
    to AMYBR, it was a read not a guess. I raised becasue i had position on him.
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by UareLIMPER
    Yes, you've got position on the original raiser but you shouldn't forget that there has also been 2 limpers before you that have to act again after you 3 bet here.

Personally I agree with what's been said previously. Flatting with JT is fine. See a flop, hit big & then get paid. 3 betting OOP with 2 more to act behind is really bad (it's taken a while for me to learn this but it's something I like many others have learned the hard way!).

You also say it was not a guess but you've given no reads in your post.
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by UareLIMPER
    I never said it was a guess bud.  The hand is awful from start to end with a read or without.

He check raises you on flop, then 4 bets all in.  What are you putting him on here??  You end up calling off your stack with 1pr no playable kicker.  You try and trap/outplay him, instead he felts you with an equity hand!

If you have a read great, but your not beating enough hands/equity to 3 bet a check raise then call a massive4 bet jam.

At these levels its hard to centre a hand around position, because its very unlikely his play is going to be anywhere near as cerebal as yours.  If he flops good, he wont care about being OOP, therefore position doesnt offer the advantage that you would hope for.

Flat pre, fop a whoppa multi way, go for value town, c/f, b/f the rest.
  • edited June 2011
    OP, post your thought process for all actions in this hand

You say you have a read what is it? Also being in position is not a reason to raise. why do you never flat pre?

why did you min 3bet pre?

why did you bet flop

why did you 3bet flop?

Some of the criticism is over the top in this thread , but I agree with most of the opinions that this is bad unless you have reads which say otherwise. Also your sizing is lolbad