You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

just alright

edited June 2011 in Area 51
haven't really been posting much...which is usually a good sign where my pokers concerned.....and yes i have picked up a deep stack tourney...and a bit of place muny over the last couple of weeks.......learning well from my mistakes...and as the good doctor says....its the patience that matters...

However....i've tried to make the lightyear jump to bigger prizes through bigger buy-ins...but find the transiton impossible.....it' not my play....and it's certainly not the play of the other entrants......everytime i make the move up.....i just do not get a feasible playing hand....and if i do it gets beat.....which...is fair enuff......but the frustration comes from more or less from being put out with blinds and unfulfilled pocket hands.....just simply folding folding folding until there's no choice but a weak all in....what is the problem...is there a quota you need to reach before you become part of that law of average contingent...or is it newcomer makes the tea until someone newer comes along........

I'm sure it's neither.....but its hard to pay the big muny.....and rarely get a gamble.....by the way my teas dishwater....so i hope it moves on soon

Comments

• edited June 2011
    It's not all about the cards dude, steal some pots, raise from the button if the pot is unopened, re-raise loose aggressive players etc etc etc.

Don't let your stack drop below 10xbb 8 or 9 at the very least.....otherwise, your tournament will just fade away into nothing as you described above.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: just alright:
    It's not all about the cards dude, steal some pots, raise from the button if the pot is unopened, re-raise loose aggressive players etc etc etc. Don't let your stack drop below 10xbb 8 or 9 at the very least.....otherwise, your tournament will just fade away into nothing as you described above.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    fair comments taken onboard Doh.....just been a bit unlucky with some of my aggressive play in the bigger tourneys...and ran into a few hold up players......but its due to advice from area 51 bloggers like yourself that my game has improved from hysterical rants of "FIX FIX" to a really enjoyable pastime....win or lose....and even the quick exits..which i'm delighted to say are minimal....are viewed for what they are...."it happens"...put it behind and move on......but you may have hit on a point....i may be choking in the bigger tourneys....and a little more aggression may solve the problem.....and yes....an all in with a small stack certainly is not as effective....so will do Doh....i'm sure it'll come.....thanks dude