You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Random Number Generator?

edited June 2011 in Area 51
We all know the current RNG on skypoker is a motive for murder at the moment, big hands can not be trusted, many times, scratch that, the majority of the time we see trash beating monster hands on all streets but specifically on the river.

Are the any plans for sky to tweak their software impementing a more... credible RNG system?

There is no denying the current RNG is a little... faulty... a little... "out of the ordinary"...

Comments

• edited June 2011

Why was this moved?

I made a genuine suggestion for the site... the only conspiracy here is the fact this post was moved!

• edited June 2011
    Hi discopig,

The RNG does exactly what it says on the tin, it is completely random! There is no bias to big hands or certain numbers, it just spits it out randomly!

We are regulated by the AGCC (details at the bottom of the page) who monitor the RNG and make sure it is working properly!

Cheers,
    Jordan
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: New Random Number Generator?:
    Hi discopig, The RNG does exactly what it says on the tin, it is completely random! There is no bias to big hands or certain numbers, it just spits it out randomly! We are regulated by the AGCC (details at the bottom of the page) who monitor the RNG and make sure it is working properly! Cheers, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    When was the last time it was monitored?  From what I can see it was 2009.

It would be very interesting to have those details. Oh! and the AGCC don't monitor it, they regulate the site. The checking and monitoring of the RNG is done by TST.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to New Random Number Generator?:
    We all know the current RNG on skypoker is a motive for murder at the moment, big hands can not be trusted, many times, scratch that, the majority of the time we see trash beating monster hands on all streets but specifically on the river. Are the any plans for sky to tweak their software impementing a more... credible RNG system? There is no denying the current RNG is a little... faulty... a little... "out of the ordinary"...
    Posted by Discopig
    For something to be tweaked/fixed or improved to represent an individuals view of credibility, it first needs to recognised and accepted that it in error or faulty.

Whatever a persons feelings are towards RNG's it fully complies with all legislative needs and is liscenced as such.

So from an industry point of view, whats to be fixed?

Maybe what needs to be fixed is the legal requirements that the RNG adheres to, rather than the tailored product.
  • edited June 2011
    Lol at elsa knowing more about the RNG than a rep of the site. u da man.

Also why change the RNG, everyone needs a little cry now and then :p
  • edited June 2011
    How often is it supposed to be regulated? By law?
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

every time a member of Area 51 wins the Primo!!!!!
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Wrong question. 

The regulators should regulate continuously without pause.

If you mean how often should the checks be made on the RNG, then annually.

As for the last bit ''By law''  that's just LOL.  The ''law'' is the law of Alderney, an autonomous fiefdom. In an autonomous fiefdom you can just make the laws up as you go along and change the one's that don't suit you at that time.

Watch the old 1949 film Passport to Pimlico - then you'll get the idea.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: New Random Number Generator? : Wrong question.  The regulators should regulate continuously without pause. If you mean how often should the checks be made on the RNG, then annually. As for the last bit ''By law''  that's just LOL.  The ''law'' is the law of Alderney, an autonomous fiefdom. In an autonomous fiefdom you can just make the laws up as you go along and change the one's that don't suit you at that time. Watch the old 1949 film Passport to Pimlico - then you'll get the idea.
    Posted by elsadog
    I saw this film when i was young i think, without googling is it the ealing comedy where a burrough in London declares itself independent? If it was i enjoyed it, i think lol.

PS - did you see this at the pictures when it 1st came out? :))
  • edited June 2011
    So they should regulate it everyday? 

They shud say that they do that somehwere on the site then.
  • edited June 2011
    So they should regulate it everyday?  They shud say that they do that somehwere on the site then.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Like any regulatory body they perform their task ongoing. AGCC regulate the overall site. ie. Financial, customer fairness, complaints etc.

They stipulate that the RNG and accompanying software should be checked regularly to ensure conformity. They don't actually check it, TST do that, or should.

Unless it has been updated very recently (within the last few weeks) the Sky RNG certificate is dated September 2009. 
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: New Random Number Generator? : I saw this film when i was young i think, without googling is it the ealing comedy where a burrough in London declares itself independent? If it was i enjoyed it, i think lol. PS - did you see this at the pictures when it 1st came out? :))
    Posted by loonytoons

Yeah I went with Tikay
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: New Random Number Generator? : Yeah I went with Tikay
    Posted by elsadog
    I just knew you two used to be an 'item' ! :)
  • edited June 2011
    LMAO love it does anyone actually know the meaning of random. 

By this question I mean the true meaning of random not the meaning of random that everyone claims to be random.
  • edited June 2011
    LMAO love it does anyone actually know the meaning of random.  By this question I mean the true meaning of random not the meaning of random that everyone claims to be random.
    Posted by Spike2120
    enlighten us !
  • edited June 2011
    lol true random then is a collective of groups where by there is no tendency or trend to the groups. These groups could consist of anything from cards to numbers to even raindrops. Now for the easiest example I can think of;

Take your mp3 player be it an ipod or any other form of music player. When you put all your songs onto shuffle(random in other words), how often do you notice it playing either the same artist(for large music sets) or even the same album for like 3 straight songs, maybe even more, you dont start to question whether thats wrong you just get on with it and enjoy your music maybe joke about your electronic device with no tendency to any kind of music liking a particular artist that day. 

In a matter of fact that is still random. It is known for things to be too random and therefore being a give away for things being forged or rigged for being too random.

Also going back to poker how would you expect to hit a straight if the RNG was the common version of random where by no two cards would be similar in any way shape or form.

Also as for your RNG is rigged or algorithm is wrong since I have spent time building RNG's as coursework for uni I know of two ways in which an RNG can be built and they take all of like 1 line of code or a very large data set containing every possible combination of numbers from 1 to 52 (enormous) and taking a random seed point. Either way a fault would mean certain cards probably would never come up at all meaning that there cant really be a problem
  • edited June 2011
    lol true random then is a collective of groups where by there is no tendency or trend to the groups. These groups could consist of anything from cards to numbers to even raindrops. Now for the easiest example I can think of; Take your mp3 player be it an ipod or any other form of music player. When you put all your songs onto shuffle(random in other words), how often do you notice it playing either the same artist(for large music sets) or even the same album for like 3 straight songs, maybe even more, you dont start to question whether thats wrong you just get on with it and enjoy your music maybe joke about your electronic device with no tendency to any kind of music liking a particular artist that day.  In a matter of fact that is still random. It is known for things to be too random and therefore being a give away for things being forged or rigged for being too random. Also going back to poker how would you expect to hit a straight if the RNG was the common version of random where by no two cards would be similar in any way shape or form. Also as for your RNG is rigged or algorithm is wrong since I have spent time building RNG's as coursework for uni I know of two ways in which an RNG can be built and they take all of like 1 line of code or a very large data set containing every possible combination of numbers from 1 to 52 (enormous) and taking a random seed point. Either way a fault would mean certain cards probably would never come up at all meaning that there cant really be a problem
    Posted by Spike2120
    I consider myself enlightened