You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

For those that think sky is rigged......how many other sites do you play on?

edited June 2011 in Area 51

For those that are adamant that sky is rigged, how many other sites do you play on/ have played on. Do you think they are different (Dont need to name the sites) in terms of bad beats etc.

Please state how often you play these other sites in comparison to Sky too.

I will start by saying I play on 2 other sites a little bit less than sky, but i see the same kind of beats, 3 same suit cards on flop, flopped straights etc as on here......

Im just curious

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I have played on all but PH and Ladbookes and paddy poker.

From what I understand FT and sky use the same software sorcing.

WSOP, 888 and betfred use the same engine, just different branding.

The branding is the key thing as multiple host sites are simply the same product with different branding.

I've never said that I'm convinced sky or online is rigged for the record.  People play massively worse and massively better online, making it a very volitile adaptable format.

Many people just dont play aswell as they think they do online, no matter how hard you try and show them (myself included).

But in the spirit of your thread I think the way online action plays is the same on every site i've played.  N one being better or worse than the other.
  • edited June 2011

im not ever convinced as i am always sat on the fence until i know 100% i now pretty much only play 888 at the mo because iv changed my settings on here to stop me from playing for a while as i tilt massively on sky and i need to mature a little more.

i have seen many more beats on sky but i also see hands get to showdown many more times on sky.

• edited June 2011
    the thing is, people limp a lot and call with junk a lot more on sky than i've seen on other sites, so naturally, you will see more bad beats

don't believe its rigged on any site tbh

the only cheating you would have to worry about is colluding - players on same table telling each other their cards via instant messaging or similar and 'superuser' - sky techie playing while seeing the hole cards

the idea the deck is rigged to produce wonder rivers etc seems irrational froma business standpoint
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: For those that think sky is rigged......how many other sites do you play on?:
    the thing is, people limp a lot and call with junk a lot more on sky than i've seen on other sites, so naturally, you will see more bad beats don't believe its rigged on any site tbh the only cheating you would have to worry about is colluding - players on same table telling each other their cards via instant messaging or similar and 'superuser' - sky techie playing while seeing the hole cards the idea the deck is rigged to produce wonder rivers etc seems irrational froma business standpoint
    Posted by Codex
     good post codex. i think in a way you hit the nail on the head, i dont think sky is rigged. i think the problem is with the rng. and its regulation. and human nature, individuals will cheat for personal gain and for commercial needs. its up to the site to reassure its players are not being ripped off, not for us to scream fix every time we get a bad beat
  • edited June 2011
    I've played on several sites and seen the same old sick beats being dished out everywhere. I seem to suffer them more on PS than anywhere else for some reason, but they're randomly distributed as far as I'm concerned.
  • edited June 2011
    I suck out more on other sites.

I get outdrawn more on sky than I do elsewhere.

• edited June 2011
    To illustrate my point I've just played this hand in a hyper-turbo HU match. I shoved 13BB with AT from the SB, he calls (incorrectly) with 4h2h. The KQJ flop gives me a straight, but of course they're all hearts, so he already has a flush and I'm drawing dead.

PokerStars Game #63703942304: Tournament #407200263, $3.40+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level II (15/30) - 2011/06/23 17:39:58 WET [2011/06/23 12:39:58 ET]
    Table '407200263 1' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 1: mirciulik (605 in chips)
    Seat 2: GaryQQQ (395 in chips)
    GaryQQQ: posts small blind 15
    mirciulik: posts big blind 30
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to GaryQQQ [As Td]
    GaryQQQ: raises 365 to 395 and is all-in
    mirciulik: calls 365
    *** FLOP *** [Jh Kh Qh]
    *** TURN *** [Jh Kh Qh] [Ac]
    *** RIVER *** [Jh Kh Qh Ac] [2s]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    mirciulik: shows [4h 2h] (a flush, King high)
    GaryQQQ: shows [As Td] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
    mirciulik collected 790 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 790 | Rake 0
    Board [Jh Kh Qh Ac 2s]
    Seat 1: mirciulik (big blind) showed [4h 2h] and won (790) with a flush, King high
    Seat 2: GaryQQQ (button) (small blind) showed [As Td] and lost with a straight, Ten to Ace

• edited June 2011
    BTW live dealers are up there with the RNG too. As I'm typing I'm watching EPT Berlin on Sky+, it was a 5,300 euro buy-in event. I've just watched this hand;

Laubinger has Ah Ac

Ivashviv has Ks Kh

Both players are all-in. The flop comes down;

As Th 3s, Laubinger has top set

Turn; 9s

River; 7s

Ivashviv wins with a K-high flush.

Who audits the live dealer?
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: For those that think sky is rigged......how many other sites do you play on?:
    the thing is, people limp a lot and call with junk a lot more on sky than i've seen on other sites, so naturally, you will see more bad beats don't believe its rigged on any site tbh the only cheating you would have to worry about is colluding - players on same table telling each other their cards via instant messaging or similar and 'superuser' - sky techie playing while seeing the hole cards the idea the deck is rigged to produce wonder rivers etc seems irrational froma business standpoint
    Posted by Codex
    What  about a very unique concise ddoss attack via networking port access?? ie trojans or worms that swallow up memory on the harddrive..?

Also whilst you may think these ddoss attacks are clever each and every individual attack bear this in mind leaves a distinct fingerprint mark or file so that It can be more closely inspected.

there are a number I believe ,not just port scans by the chinese but consistant ddoss attacks which plump your network fullof pure crapo of which all in all you cannot distinguish which packet s of data are from the site ie"sky poker" or from these chinese ip addresses.

those that can determine each and every packet that stremas down on the network has its own device fingerprint mark and comes from different locations . Fulltilt and absolute poker through the downloading of their software could have such an inbuilt ddoss attack mechanism built in to its software code !!who knows for sure but one thing I would ask the developers is definatelty about the packet data in detail for sure.

good day. i know lots of haters think im mad well theyll feel better when they analyse thier own packet data on thier networks.

• edited June 2011
    I've played on plenty and have concluded that Sky is in fact, rigged.

Pack up your cards and play elsewhere (seriously).
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by Codex

This.
  • edited June 2011
    No way its fixed but ive played 888, pkr, pokerstars and fulltilt. This is by far the streakiest site in my opinion.
  • edited June 2011
    Po kerstars much much fairer in my opinion, have very rarely been beat all in with AK and been calle with 8 2 offsuit and lost!
  • edited June 2011
    Po kerstars much much fairer in my opinion, have very rarely been beat all in with AK and been calle with 8 2 offsuit and lost!
    Posted by chris1963
    It isn't to me. This is how I bubbled a SCOOP event, there's 56K in the pot, at the time the average was 41K;

PokerStars Game #62134846402: Tournament #2011050191, $20+$2 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XV (500/1000) - 2011/05/15 19:11:39 WET [2011/05/15 14:11:39 ET]
    Table '2011050191 103' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 1: I Love Black (15271 in chips)
    Seat 2: SvenGuizmo (44228 in chips)
    Seat 3: dryboy88 (18411 in chips)
    Seat 4: GaryQQQ (25242 in chips)
    Seat 5: kepana (9430 in chips)
    Seat 6: Chenaud (82214 in chips)
    Seat 7: Cleggalfish (63200 in chips)
    Seat 8: radik-dn (28990 in chips)
    Seat 9: demo_ev (58933 in chips)
    I Love Black: posts the ante 125
    SvenGuizmo: posts the ante 125
    dryboy88: posts the ante 125
    GaryQQQ: posts the ante 125
    kepana: posts the ante 125
    Chenaud: posts the ante 125
    Cleggalfish: posts the ante 125
    radik-dn: posts the ante 125
    demo_ev: posts the ante 125
    dryboy88: posts small blind 500
    GaryQQQ: posts big blind 1000
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to GaryQQQ [Js Jh]
    kepana: folds
    Chenaud: folds
    Cleggalfish: folds
    radik-dn: raises 1355 to 2355
    demo_ev: calls 2355
    I Love Black: folds
    SvenGuizmo: calls 2355
    dryboy88: folds
    GaryQQQ: raises 22762 to 25117 and is all-in
    radik-dn: folds
    demo_ev: folds
    SvenGuizmo: calls 22762
    *** FLOP *** [4c 8s 9s]
    *** TURN *** [4c 8s 9s] [3c]
    *** RIVER *** [4c 8s 9s 3c] [Qc]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    GaryQQQ: shows [Js Jh] (a pair of Jacks)
    SvenGuizmo: shows [9d 9c] (three of a kind, Nines)
    SvenGuizmo collected 56569 from pot
    GaryQQQ finished the tournament in 4936th place
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 56569 | Rake 0
    Board [4c 8s 9s 3c Qc]
    Seat 1: I Love Black folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: SvenGuizmo (button) showed [9d 9c] and won (56569) with three of a kind, Nines
    Seat 3: dryboy88 (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 4: GaryQQQ (big blind) showed [Js Jh] and lost with a pair of Jacks
    Seat 5: kepana folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: Chenaud folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: Cleggalfish folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: radik-dn folded before Flop
    Seat 9: demo_ev folded before Flop