You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky loves fish

edited June 2011 in Area 51
Never lets them down. Laughable.
trojan57 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £2.88
Strider_78 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £8.01
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

moxyAK Call  £0.08 £0.20 £10.23
biglee1976 Call  £0.08 £0.28 £21.72
Seagull158 Raise  £0.32 £0.60 £6.85
trojan57 Fold     
Strider_78 Fold     
moxyAK Call  £0.24 £0.84 £9.99
biglee1976 Call  £0.24 £1.08 £21.48
Flop

moxyAK Check     
biglee1976 Check     
Seagull158 Bet  £0.64 £1.72 £6.21
moxyAK Call  £0.64 £2.36 £9.35
biglee1976 Call  £0.64 £3.00 £20.84
Turn

moxyAK Check     
biglee1976 Check     
Seagull158 Bet  £2.00 £5.00 £4.21
moxyAK Call  £2.00 £7.00 £7.35
biglee1976 Fold     
River

moxyAK Check     
Seagull158 Check     
moxyAK Show

Seagull158 Muck
  • K
  • K

moxyAK Win Straight to the 7 £6.47  £13.82

Comments

• edited June 2011
    moxyAK Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £5.25
    biglee1976 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £9.61
    ROFL_U_Win Sit out     
      Your hole cards

Seagull158 Call  £0.08 £0.20 £7.68
    trojan57 Fold     
    red-army Fold     
    moxyAK Call  £0.04 £0.24 £5.21
    biglee1976 Check     
    Flop

• Q
    • J

moxyAK Check     
    biglee1976 Bet  £0.16 £0.40 £9.45
    Seagull158 Raise  £0.48 £0.88 £7.20
    moxyAK Call  £0.48 £1.36 £4.73
    biglee1976 Call  £0.32 £1.68 £9.13
    Turn

moxyAK Check     
    biglee1976 Bet  £0.16 £1.84 £8.97
    Seagull158 Raise  £1.60 £3.44 £5.60
    moxyAK Call  £1.60 £5.04 £3.13
    biglee1976 All-in  £8.97 £14.01 £0.00
    Seagull158 All-in  £5.60 £19.61 £0.00
    moxyAK All-in  £3.13 £22.74 £0.00
    biglee1976 Unmatched bet  £1.93 £20.81 £1.93
    moxyAK Show
    • Q

biglee1976 Show

Seagull158 Show

River

• A

biglee1976 Win Straight to the Queen £19.41  £21.34
  • edited June 2011
    suggest you do what i have done & close your a/c....it's just theft, you cannot win
  • edited June 2011
    This is what happens every single time I have been dealt a premium hand on this farce of a site
    Hand History #385125781 (22:47 23/06/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancecornwall01Small blind 15.0015.001890.00ALPALBig blind 30.0045.001865.00 Your hole cardsQQ   egfeegggCall 30.0075.001790.00RANGERSCHAFold    rossi700Fold    SighKORaise 90.00165.001855.00cornwall01Fold    ALPALCall 60.00225.001805.00egfeegggCall 60.00285.001730.00Flop  6K7   ALPALCheck    egfeegggCheck    SighKOCheck    Turn  K   ALPALBet 285.00570.001520.00egfeegggAll-in 1730.002300.000.00SighKOFold    ALPALFold    egfeegggMuck    egfeegggWin 855.00 855.00egfeegggReturn 1445.000.002300.00
  • edited June 2011
    ace rag is the nuts to idiot players on skyjoker
    rewarded again as usual
    igimc Small blind  200.00 200.00 5100.00 theporkpie Big blind  400.00 600.00 10765.00  Your hole cards Q Q    BOOGI Fold     rizlakid18 Raise  1200.00 1800.00 11600.00 schechter Fold     igimc All-in  5100.00 6900.00 0.00 theporkpie Fold     rizlakid18 Call  4100.00 11000.00 7500.00 igimc Show Q Q    rizlakid18 Show 4 A    Flop  6 8 4    Turn  8    River  A    rizlakid18 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 8s 11000.00  18500.00  

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky loves fish:
    ace rag is the nuts to idiot players on skyjoker rewarded again as usual ig
    Posted by igimc
    So would you rather be called by AK where you are flipping or A rag where you are a 70% favourite??
    Let them call, you'll win more than you lose.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky loves fish : So would you rather be called by AK where you are flipping or A rag where you are a 70% favourite?? Let them call, you'll win more than you lose.
    Posted by Mohican
    point is,they shouldn't be calling with ace rag.

and as for the highlighted bit,if only that were the case but
    i'm afraid it is total BS.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky loves fish : So would you rather be called by AK where you are flipping or A rag where you are a 70% favourite?? Let them call, you'll win more than you lose.
    Posted by Mohican
    Unfortunately, that's not the case. I have lost a shedload over the paast 3 to 4 months. Consistently losing when fave.
  • edited June 2011
    i dont understand what you mean by "they shouldnt call" igimc. they can call with what they like. they pay there moniez and they take there chances, yes its annoying when they hit, but thats poker. that player is prob a better player than others, you are prob a better player than him and there are better players than you. im sure better players have seen you play some hands and thought "what the hell is he doing". its a ladder that we are all climbing and i would rather be playing people below me than above.
  • edited June 2011

If players are making alot of basic mistakes against you, and you aren't making money, there's 3 possible conclusions.

1) You've been on a downswing the whole of your poker career.

2) The rng targets you, and makes you lose (pretty similar to number 1 tbh)

3) You even it up by making alot of mistakes yourself.

It's probably a combo of 3 and 1.

Ofc you will say it's no.2 tho? Coz that means it's not your fault......and it's easier to attribute your failure or lack of success to an external factor than to look at yourself?

----------------------------------

Just looked at your stats, and you do win more than you lose.

• edited June 2011
    YO SIGHKO DO ME A FAVOUR IF U GET THIS MESSAGE,.....READ UP ON IP SPOOFING AND PACKET DATA VIA TCP CONNECTION PORT.

I UNDERSTAND SKY USES PACKET CONNECTION OVER TCP LAN ETHERNET RIGHT??

WELL JUST CHECK WHATEVER PACKETS OF DATA COME OVER THE NETWORK WHILST ONLY AND I MEAN ONLY RUNNING THE SKY POKER CLIENT...

WRITE ME DOWN THE LIST OF IP ADDRESSES THAT ARE BLOCKED FROM THE ROUTER /AT LEAST THATS WHAT IT IS. BUT TRUST ME THIS IS GENUINE PACKET DATA COMING DOWN YOUR NETWORK.

ANYWAY AFTER THIS PLEASE DO A CONCERTED IP CHECK ON ALL THOSE IP ADDRESSES , AND IF ANY AT ALL FROM CHINA OR RUSSIA MAYBE EVEN SOUTH KOREA I WOULD ADD, PLEASE DO THEN RECORD AND WRITE DOWN THIS INFO ON HERE FOR ME PLEASE....

ITS VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE IT MAY BE THAT THE SERVER ON THE SKY SIDE IS IN FACT CORRUPT AND HAS LOGISTICAL PROBLEMS OR IT MAY BE THAT THEY ARE SPOOFING THE ENTIRE SOFTWARE ITSELF.EVEN THOUGH IVE GOT NETWORK ENCRIPTION DOESNT MEAN THEIR END ISNT SAFE..YOU GET ME? />?

FAILING THIS IT COULD ALL BE A SCAM BY THE SITE ANYWAY GIVEN THE FACT I GET THE SAME NETWORK PACKETS AFTER PLAYING ON 4 DIFF SITES AND EVERY SITE HAS THE SAME BUILT IN KIND OF MECHANISM ..

IE A BIT LIKE U KNOW HOW THE OLD PLAYTECH SOFTWARE USED TO RUN LIKE...

ANYWAY DO SOME RESEARCH FOR URESELF AND GET BACK TO ME .....AJW.XX

• edited June 2011
    If players are making alot of basic mistakes against you, and you aren't making money, there's 3 possible conclusions. 1) You've been on a downswing the whole of your poker career. 2) The rng targets you, and makes you lose (pretty similar to number 1 tbh) 3) You even it up by making alot of mistakes yourself. It's probably a combo of 3 and 1. Ofc you will say it's no.2 tho? Coz that means it's not your fault......and it's easier to attribute your failure or lack of success to an external factor than to look at yourself? ---------------------------------- Just looked at your stats, and you do win more than you lose.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    15 months of steady profit followed by 3 months of catastrophic losses. Pace of losses now running at 1/2 BI per hour over past 17 hours, 60% of BR gone in 3 months, 2 suckouts per hour on average. Not doing anything different from earlier times. Logical explanation is 2.)
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky loves fish : 15 months of steady profit followed by 3 months of catastrophic losses. Pace of losses now running at 1/2 BI per hour over past 17 hours, 60% of BR gone in 3 months, 2 suckouts per hour on average. Not doing anything different from earlier times. Logical explanation is 2.)
    Posted by Seagull158
    15 months of steady profit followed by 3 months of catastrophic losses sugests you have moved up and losing more or winning small and losing big? if you have lost 60% of your roll maybe drop down and build it up steadily again...

2 suckouts an hour?........i can only dream of have just 2 an hour:)

gl,dave
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky loves fish : 15 months of steady profit followed by 3 months of catastrophic losses. Pace of losses now running at 1/2 BI per hour over past 17 hours, 60% of BR gone in 3 months, 2 suckouts per hour on average. Not doing anything different from earlier times. Logical explanation is 2.)
    Posted by Seagull158
    SURELY U MEAN THE WORDS "RIPPED AND OFF?"...NO OFFENCE SKY EVERYONE GOT AN OPINION AND I HAVE BEEN A LOSER FOR THE PAST YEAR SO JUST TELLING IT HOW I IT IS...

LOTS OF PEOPLE HATING ON MY POSTS OIN OTHER FORUMS LIKE MR YOUNG GUN SO I WOULD ASSUME HE HAS SEEN MY STATS RECORDS...THEN AGAIN MAYBE HE JUST DOESNT LIKE CERTAIN PEOPLE AND CAUSES ARGUMENTATIVE STIR UPS/.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky loves fish : 15 months of steady profit followed by 3 months of catastrophic losses sugests you have moved up and losing more or winning small and losing big? if you have lost 60% of your roll maybe drop down and build it up steadily again... 2 suckouts an hour?........i can only dream of have just 2 an hour:) gl,dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Haven't moved up. Defo winning small (if at all) and losing big. 2 suckouts an hour is 2 for at least 1/2 BI and genrally 1 BI+ each time. I dont even count small suckouts for only 5 to 10 BBs.
  • edited June 2011
    suggest you do what i have done & close your a/c....it's just theft, you cannot win
    Posted by SighKO
    THJATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS TO ALL MY GAMES ON FULLTILT/ABSOLUTE POKER ETC.....

EVEN WHEN ON THE BUBBLE IT SEEMS THEY DRAG YOU INTO SITUATIONS WHERE URE FORCED ALL IN WITH A MASSIVE HAND ONLY TO BE BUBBLED OUT OF THE MONEY..ANYONE AGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT??

ALSO BY AND LARGE DONT U THINK THESE SITES COULD BE RUNNING SOME SORT OF PONZI SCHEME INBUILT INTO THERE SOFTWARE BY THE DEVELOPERS?  JUST FOR ARGUMENTS SAKE IS THIS POSSIBLE GIVEN NATURE OF ITS BUISNESS??

BTW IF U KNOW WHAT FTOPS AND UBOC EVENTS ARE PLEASE NEVER REMIND ME TO ENTER 1 EVER AGAIN FOR THE SAKE OF KNOWING ITS COMPLETE BS.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky loves fish : Haven't moved up. Defo winning small (if at all) and losing big. 2 suckouts an hour is 2 for at least 1/2 BI and genrally 1 BI+ each time. I dont even count small suckouts for only 5 to 10 BBs.
    Posted by Seagull158
    only thing i can suggest is play a.b.c. poker for a while playing your big hands big(which tbf look like you are doing).

a least with abc you will get some discipline (if needed) back into your game,winning and losing smaller pot maybe but if you are on a downswing it will do you good to play smaller pots with less stress at the thought of losing...........

you always seem to post a big hand that hits then loses and hint/blame sky or the rng.....but reading between the lines i think are just tilting when you lose a pot that you "should" of won.

have a break?,play elsewhere.

you keep playing on here so it must have something you like(i.e 15 months of winning-3 months of losing)

cheers,dave
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by Mohican
    u got that wrong mate. raggy A is 70% fav on here
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky loves fish : point is,they shouldn't be calling with ace rag. and as for the highlighted bit,if only that were the case but i'm afraid it is total BS.
    Posted by igimc
    Maybe they shouldn't be calling  but the fact remains poker is all about getting worse hands to call and better ones to fold. You're never 100% to win a hand pre flop and getting someone to commit all there chips with only a 30% chance of winning vs them calling with Ak and being nearly 50%, is what the game is all about. So the point is you want them to call with A rag  because it gives a better chance of winning. I cannot see how that can be construed as being a bad thing.

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky loves fish : Maybe they shouldn't be calling  but the fact remains poker is all about getting worse hands to call and better ones to fold. You're never 100% to win a hand pre flop and getting someone to commit all there chips with only a 30% chance of winning vs them calling with Ak and being nearly 50%, is what the game is all about. So the point is you want them to call with A rag  because it gives a better chance of winning. I cannot see how that can be construed as being a bad thing.  
    Posted by Mohican
    The bad thing is that over the past few months it seems that the odds never hold up. Often it seems thast the villain not only knows my cards but knows what cards are going to be dealt too.
    Just look at my post "another cracker - 2 outer" and see if you csn find any justification at all for the other players play.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky loves fish : The bad thing is that over the past few months it seems that the odds never hold up. Often it seems thast the villain not only knows my cards but knows what cards are going to be dealt too. Just look at my post "another cracker - 2 outer" and see if you csn find any justification at all for the other players play.
    Posted by Seagull158
    I have looked at the thread and you have to look at it this way. If we flipped the cards face up and you put him all in on the turn,would you want him to call, especialy as you're 95% to win the hand? I suspect the answer will always be yes. So if you want the call, don't get upset when he does hit his 5% shot.You're right in that there is very little justification for the call(pot committed perhaps) but I'd want that call every time I play. Run it 100 times from the turn and you'd win £608 to his £32. Still want him to fold?
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky loves fish : I have looked at the thread and you have to look at it this way. If we flipped the cards face up and you put him all in on the turn,would you want him to call, especialy as you're 95% to win the hand? I suspect the answer will always be yes. So if you want the call, don't get upset when he does hit his 5% shot.You're right in that there is very little justification for the call(pot committed perhaps) but I'd want that call every time I play. Run it 100 times from the turn and you'd win £608 to his £32. Still want him to fold?
    Posted by Mohican
    Where's my 608 quid?
  • edited June 2011
    I went through something similar last year when my br went down to single figures after being in profit. Couldn't hit or my oppo hit theirs alot. Seemed too frequent to me.

Took a break of about a month, posted hands in the clinic. Realised that there were weaknesses in my game, I was on a downswing and I had tilted big time.

Took people's advice from the forum and changed to play DYM's for a while to build up the br and confidence.

It worked. Back in profit now and didn't need to reload.

I know what you mean when people say "you want them to call". you think well that may be true but their 5%-10% chance is ALWAYS hitting. when is it my turn!? gets VERY frustrating.

Maybe you need a break mate or just a change? Look at your hand history and see if you did anything that contributed to the losses. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong but by looking I saw  I was.

Good luck to you though. Hope it changes around for you soon.
  • edited June 2011
    that 45 suited are what people play to beat big hands in the early stages of tournament coz if they hit they get paid