You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

edited July 2011 in Area 51

Must adimt probably the worst bloody calling tonight I have ever seen, ok I only can afford small stakes but for the love of whoever, why does any han you play get beat by monstrosities!

All night have been beaten when ahead, and regardless of the strengh of my bets been called down and beat on th eturn or river (by very, very marginal hands).

Am sick to the back teeth of not knowing what I should do as if you listen to the peeps on 865, " you will always come out on top if you play correctly"

ALL I CAN SAY IS "NOT ON THI SITE YOU CAN;T"

Back to Pokerstars 4 me, shame cos very good aspects on Sky, TV, community etc!

Seems a bit of a downer really!

Comments

• edited June 2011
    lol. you are not the only one who gets these stupid calls..  i think people deliberatley play the hands you should fold pre flop because they know they will hit..

i am sick of hearing, it must be your play style... they will lose in the long run...  it is not them losing.. it is the people who try and play poker with proper hands that are losing.. ex.  in a cah game i raised 8 BB got called and the guy had called with 84 hearts.   £1-60 call with rubbish...  and guess what he won on river after chasing it down for another £15...   so your AK suited or QQ is useless on here... 
    another.. had 2 pair go riase massive and then all in on turn, they call and hit set on rivers

venting i know..

i am not the best, i know, but deffo not the worst on here... 
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:
    lol. you are not the only one who gets these stupid calls..  i think people deliberatley play the hands you should fold pre flop because they know they will hit.. i am sick of hearing, it must be your play style... they will lose in the long run...  it is not them losing.. it is the people who try and play poker with proper hands that are losing.. ex.  in a cah game i raised 8 BB got called and the guy had called with 84 hearts.   £1-60 call with rubbish...  and guess what he won on river after chasing it down for another £15...   so your AK suited or QQ is useless on here...  another.. had 2 pair go riase massive and then all in on turn, they call and hit set on rivers venting i know.. i am not the best, i know, but deffo not the worst on here... 
    Posted by bigal36903
    good players indeed do play these hands albeit not because they know they will but because they know they may get paid bigtime if they hit.

if i have a decent stack i will 3 bet with junk in the hope of hitting the flop hard,then stacking the guy who wont lay down ak..99 e.t.c.

dunno about the 84 hearts hand..it sounds like you made it expensive for him to chase but once some calls with 84s its hard to get them to lay it down..most guys like this are just gamblers and will just hit or reload..

gl,dave
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr : good players indeed do play these hands albeit not because they know they will but because they know they may get paid bigtime if they hit. if i have a decent stack i will 3 bet with junk in the hope of hitting the flop hard,then stacking the guy who wont lay down ak..99 e.t.c. dunno about the 84 hearts hand..it sounds like you made it expensive for him to chase but once some calls with 84s its hard to get them to lay it down..most guys like this are just gamblers and will just hit or reload.. gl,dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    vvg post,kinda hits nail on head imo,people have to realise that even massive hands CAN and WILL be called with players looking to hit massive with very marginal cards xxx
  • edited June 2011
    thank you debdobs(ive finally made a worthwile post in area 51) lol
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr : good players indeed do play these hands albeit not because they know they will but because they know they may get paid bigtime if they hit. if i have a decent stack i will 3 bet with junk in the hope of hitting the flop hard,then stacking the guy who wont lay down ak..99 e.t.c. dunno about the 84 hearts hand..it sounds like you made it expensive for him to chase but once some calls with 84s its hard to get them to lay it down..most guys like this are just gamblers and will just hit or reload.. gl,dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ

Is this English???

It don't make any sense to me Pat  Ronising
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr : Is this English??? It don't make any sense to me Pat  Ronising
    Posted by rabbiteyes
    ive read 3 posts of your total of 10 and ive had to reply to all 3 because they all seem arrogant.

He means good players will play light sometimes on the basis of implied odds (google it) that if they hit their hand and someone gets subborn and cant lay down a big preflop hand they get paid.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr : Is this English??? It don't make any sense to me Pat  Ronising
    Posted by rabbiteyes
    Yes, it is grammatically correct English and makes sense if you understand the language.