You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rose coloured glasses might be on...but i think Sven's boys are going up!

edited October 2011 in The Football Corner

When you're a Leicester fan you have to be an eternal optimist but i think we're actually going to go up this season. Over the course of the next couple of weeks i expect we're going to get some quality signings on top of the two we've already made and with Sven having a full close season with his team, am sure that he will rectify the haphazard defensive displays that contributed to our woes last campaign.

With wealthy owners at the helm, Sven knows he will be able to strengthen the team during the January transfer window if needed and with any luck we'll be like QPR last season and have a healthy lead from Feb onwards and be looking forward to Premier League soccer in 12 months time!

Now i'll sit back and wait for the men in white coats...or am i right?!

Comments

• edited June 2011
    NEENORRR NEENORRR The ambulance with the white coated men are arriving! Hope they go up but West Ham look like favourites.
  • edited June 2011
    theyve got a sneak west ham brum an other twist me arm saints
  • edited June 2011
    I've no doubt Leicester will be there or thereabouts but I think the play offs are probably their best shout. We should be up there & despite the fact they'll lose a fair few players I expect Brum to be up there too.

I think Brighton could be the surprise package in the division this year & I wouldn't rule them out for a play off push either.
  • edited June 2011
    Think it will be extremly tough league this season. the three sides who have come down are all strong as are the 3 coming up. out of the teams from last year cardiff,reading and forest will be strong again and derby have made some good signings and im expecting much better showing from boro and bristol city this year.
    as for leicester spending loads of money doesnt guarantee succsess this time last season boro were doing the same and they and many others thought that 9/2 for them winning the league was printing money and kris boyd would score 30 goals blindfolded. they nearly got relegated and boyd played like he was blindfolded. 
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Rose coloured glasses might be on...but i think Sven's boys are going up!:
    Think it will be extremly tough league this season. the three sides who have come down are all strong as are the 3 coming up. out of the teams from last year cardiff,reading and forest will be strong again and derby have made some good signings and im expecting much better showing from boro and bristol city this year. as for leicester spending loads of money doesnt guarantee succsess this time last season boro were doing the same and they and many others thought that 9/2 for them winning the league was printing money and kris boyd would score 30 goals blindfolded. they nearly got relegated and boyd played like he was blindfolded. 
    Posted by BADBOY985

I agree it will be a really tough league this year. I'm not suggesting that Leicester spending loads of money will guarantee success (the stupid wages paid to Yakubu last season in bid to reach play-offs prove that) but it is nice for us to have any money at all -for one thing it should stop us having to sell any of our key players like Andy King who has been linked to several Premier league players.

Our early signing of Peltier from Huddersfield shows that Sven's not just going for 'big names' and hopefully he will sort out a defence that was rock solid under Pearson and absolutely dire last season.
  • edited June 2011
    I agree with you Brrrrr...

I'm going to do a Leicester/Northampton double on both to get promoted!

Come on you cobblers!
  • edited July 2011
    So in the past few days Leicester have signed Danns on a free from Crystal Palace, Nugent on a free from Portsmouth, St Ledger from Preston  and are rumoured to have spent a club record £5m on Mills from Reading.

All four are good solid signings which show the club's owners are backing Eriksson and also shows that Sven is strengthening in the right areas especially where we were weak last season, in defence.

City got off to a terrible start last season under Sousa...with Sven having a full pre-season under his belt and the squad he has now assembled we have got to be title contenders..

Leicester for the Championship, Preston for League One and Northampton for League Two, go on you know it makes sense!
  • edited July 2011
    I`m a born & bred L.C.F.C. fan & i live in hope that

we will gain promotion as Champions of the Championship.

If we finish lower than Westham & Birmingham i think

i will be on the verge of Suzi Side.
      Sven for the WIN...

"BLUE ARMY"
  • edited July 2011
    I'm actually really pleased that Leicester are favourites this year & not us. 

Sure, we'll be expected to be up there but the big pressure's on Sven's boys especially with the money they're throwing about.
  • edited July 2011
    I,d go for Leicester as well  although it might take some time for  virtual new team to gel , but when they do I think they might walk it - Should do on paper
  • edited July 2011
    I started this post before a lot of our signings were made. I hoped that Sven would tackle our defensive problems which were dire last season and with todays signing of John Pantsil we are not only have enough new defender for a completely new back four but quality cover as well.

We have Schemichel in goal with Peltier, Mills, St Ledger, Pantsil, Konchesky and Ball as options in defence. With strong additions in defence and up front as well, i think our pre-season status as title challengers is well justified. I can't wait for the season to start......
    come on the CITY!!
  • edited July 2011
    They'll either go up or go busto!

Ipswich could go well this year. Paul Jewell knows what it takes at this level and they improved 200% when he took over mid season last year.

Leicester will be there or thereabouts but the pressure is mounting on them. Its "%#% or bust!
  • edited September 2011
    I don't think svens got it in him to make changes (tactics) when things go wrong.  Hope we go up though whilst I'm still here.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Rose coloured glasses might be on...but i think Sven's boys are going up!:
    I've no doubt Leicester will be there or thereabouts but I think the play offs are probably their best shout. We should be up there & despite the fact they'll lose a fair few players I expect Brum to be up there too. I think Brighton could be the surprise package in the division this year & I wouldn't rule them out for a play off push either.
    Posted by silentbob
    So far so good Mystic Meg. How did you know ?
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Rose coloured glasses might be on...but i think Sven's boys are going up! : So far so good Mystic Meg. How did you know ?
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    Fair play, Brighton are doing well, but Sven's starting to work out what his best side is. The positions of teams after 10 matches will give a true reflection of how things are panning out - good or bad!
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Rose coloured glasses might be on...but i think Sven's boys are going up! : So far so good Mystic Meg. How did you know ?
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    They've got a decent side & Poyet's teams play some good stuff too. Plus they're still full of confidence from last season too.

• edited October 2011
    SVENS GOING SOMEWHERE AND IT AINT UP!

PLEASE PLEASE NOT FRATTON PARK
  • edited October 2011
    hes just had the 9 10 jack