You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would you do with KK in your hand?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
doublenSmall blind £0.02£0.02£1.17BosschopsBig blind £0.04£0.06£3.50 Your hole cardsKK   TheredcatRaise £0.08£0.14£2.69doublenCall £0.06£0.20£1.11BosschopsRaise £0.20£0.40£3.30TheredcatCall £0.16£0.56£2.53doublenFold    Flop  665   BosschopsBet £0.56£1.12£2.74TheredcatCall £0.56£1.68£1.97Turn  A   BosschopsBet £0.24£1.92£2.50TheredcatCall £0.24£2.16£1.73River  8   BosschopsBet £0.20£2.36£2.30TheredcatRaise £0.40£2.76£1.33BosschopsCall £0.20£2.96£2.10TheredcatShow67   BosschopsMuckKK   TheredcatWinThree 6s£2.73 £4.06

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Bet 3/4 on flop and then pot control turn with 3/5 bet and then if he follows all the way check fold river as your behind to alot
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What would you do with KK in your hand?:
    Bet 3/4 on flop and then pot control turn with 3/5 bet and then if he follows all the way check fold river as your behind to alot
    Posted by Batkin88
    as i raised at the start i wouldnt of expected him to have a 6 in his hole cars i thought maybe a high pocket pair was i wrong for thinking that i looked at the possibilitys but it just seemed unlucky in my eyes  
  • edited June 2011
    Raise bigger pre
    Flop bet is fine although i wouldn't make it pot myself
    Turn i don't like, i'd rather fold than bet that amount lol! seriously though a check or atleast a half pot bet would be good, and then fold to raise, if a raise comes that is
    River i'm probz c/f, everything beats you! as played i deffo don't call the min raise, he's basically saying i have you beat, remember you only have 2nd pair on a paired flushing straightening board, don't fall in love with your hand :)
  • edited June 2011
    MUCH MUCH bigger pre, at least 30p.

Flop can be 45p.

Turn is ugly so I might check here, although I can't see opponants stack a shove could be easier as you don't allow yourself to be bluffed off best hand but really need to know Vill's stack.

River bet again is awful better off check calling/folding depending on size of bet but more likely a horrible fold....
  • edited June 2011
    raise bigger pre

I would bet less on flop

Bet turn bigger

c/f river unless he bets really small
  • edited June 2011

I think I give up on that turn, if we weren't already beat, we probably are now. 
  • edited June 2011
    thanks for the advice people just really getting into the game :)
  • edited June 2011
    Bet much bigger pre, fire 2/3's pot  on flop, shut down turn/river (c/c) for me.
  • edited June 2011
    thanks for the advice people just really getting into the game :)
    Posted by Bosschops
    i would raise m8 pre flop but not 2 much as u get idiots on this site calling any raise with any Ace in there hand  and if they hit your screwed!
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What would you do with KK in your hand? : i would raise m8 pre flop but not 2 much as u get idiots on this site calling any raise with any Ace in there hand  and if they hit your screwed!
    Posted by MUFC-CLINT
    LOL, bad advice alert !
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What would you do with KK in your hand? : LOL, bad advice alert !
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    whys it bad advice?? its a website not face to face poker,  computer generated, never go 2 big with any pair unless AA
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What would you do with KK in your hand? : whys it bad advice?? its a website not face to face poker,  computer generated, never go 2 big with any pair unless AA
    Posted by MUFC-CLINT
    hmmm using your terminology then, by betting smaller pre flop arent you giving those "Idiots" as you call them, an even better price to call you and then outdraw you :)

To the OP I'd have looked at a pre flop raise of around 30p, on the flop 2/3 to 3/4 of the pot. Turn id probably bet similar, but  im giving up on the river
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What would you do with KK in your hand? : whys it bad advice?? its a website not face to face poker,  computer generated, never go 2 big with any pair unless AA
    Posted by MUFC-CLINT
    This really is not the best advice I have to agree.

Your basically saying you should be prepared to lose massive value with KK etc vs Ax and under pairs incase they spike.  Not a good approach IMO.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What would you do with KK in your hand? : hmmm using your terminology then, by betting smaller pre flop arent you giving those "Idiots" as you call them, an even better price to call you and then outdraw you :) To the OP I'd have looked at a pre flop raise of around 30p, on the flop 2/3 to 3/4 of the pot. Turn id probably bet similar, but  im giving up on the river
    Posted by Aski
    i said raise but not 2 big, probably 50p, defo no more until id seen a flop!  if omeone calls your 50p there  defo gonna have called a bigger raise and if they hit there A3 on the  flop least u dont lose 2  much! people over play Kings, yeah id sooner have them than say Queens but the only hand 2 bet big with is AA
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What would you do with KK in your hand? : i said raise but not 2 big, probably 50p, defo no more until id seen a flop!  if omeone calls your 50p there  defo gonna have called a bigger raise and if they hit there A3 on the  flop least u dont lose 2  much! people over play Kings, yeah id sooner have them than say Queens but the only hand 2 bet big with is AA
    Posted by MUFC-CLINT
    No offense bud but this is donkey drivel.  Your discounting all the occasions we have K's/Q's vs KQ/KJs and underpairs.  An A isnt the be all and end all of a callers range.  But beside this you want to be called by an A holding K's for as much as you can shift across the line.

To suggest otherwise is questionable and playing poker on a perpetually back foot.  If they bink, they bink.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What would you do with KK in your hand? : No offense bud but this is donkey drivel.  Your discounting all the occasions we have K's/Q's vs KQ/KJs and underpairs.  An A isnt the be all and end all of a callers range.  But beside this you want to be called by an A holding K's for as much as you can shift across the line. To suggest otherwise is questionable and playing poker on a perpetually back foot.  If they bink, they bink.
    Posted by AMYBR
    im saying you raise to 50p what is wrong with that? why do u need 2 go any bigger? the guy aready raised it to  8p from 4p and if the guy re raised it to  20p and he called you have to worry even with kings  that he might have  a better  hand! 50p is well enough! also on the flop he raised 50 something p which the guy called so im thinking a 6 or even a pair, once the A comes on the  turn its Check, check

in that game theres no need 2 raise anymore than 50p
  • edited June 2011
    This isnt what you said though.
  • edited June 2011
    yeah it is look bad, i said raise but not 2 big
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What would you do with KK in your hand? : i said raise but not 2 big, probably 50p, defo no more until id seen a flopif omeone calls your 50p there  defo gonna have called a bigger raise and if they hit there A3 on the  flop least u dont lose 2  much! people over play Kings, yeah id sooner have them than say Queens but the only hand 2 bet big with is AA
    Posted by MUFC-CLINT

Colour coded answers :p

This is an odd way of looking at it.  I respect your defensive line, but it makes no practical sense.  Your basically saying keep the pot small pre incase they bink their A.  What happens when they dont bink their A.  How do you get paid?  Your just missing massive value.

Your saying dont bet big because they might hit their junk A and go ahead, meaning you lose.  A very odd defensive way to look at it.  You want to bet the highest figure you can get called.  Your advocating defensively playing a hand as strong as K's fearing the bink.  You've already lost with this mindset.

People over play K's......................OK.  A very odd line again.  Post flop yes, pre flop there is no over play.

Utter bizarro.  Only betting large with A's pre.

I understand and respect the line you are advocating.  But it really isnt a profitable model.  I would bet every single thing I own preflop allin with K's vs Ax.  Getting to the flop in low gear fearing a bink is dangerous, as your basically opting to fold.  A decent proportion of the time opponent wont even be holding an A.  Your hamstringing yourself IMO

• edited June 2011
    I think he's pulling our chain tbf. lolz