You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How did I play this hand? What do you do different? MTT

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
UTG limper is a Super laggy spewmonkey. Not worried about him at all after his limp.

xxx
- Dfest 25/50, limp/called AKo pre, overplayed it postflop when missed.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DOHHHHHHH Small blind  125.00 125.00 5932.50
BIGPSD Big blind  250.00 375.00 4575.00
  Your hole cards

Candid Call  250.00 625.00 16367.50
xxx Raise  500.00 1125.00 6195.00
glassman60 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  1500.00 2625.00 4432.50
BIGPSD Fold     
Candid Fold     
xxxCall  1125.00 3750.00 5070.00
Flop

• K

DOHHHHHHH Bet  1500.00 5250.00 2932.50
xxxCall  1500.00 6750.00 3570.00
Turn

DOHHHHHHH Check     
xxx Check     
River

• Q

DOHHHHHHH Check     
xxxAll-in  3570.00 10320.00 0.00
DOHHHHHHH Fold     
xxx Muck     
xxxWin  6750.00  6750.00
xxxReturn  3570.00 0.00 10320.00

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Just go areen pre.

Although min raising after a limper is really annoying and could well be a monster. Meh I probs still jam. I don't really like 3betting small.
  • edited June 2011
    i like how u played it prob play same, c/f too difficult on that flop so b/f good and nice bet sizing imo

tricky though i may flat pre sometimes though

Also dont nubd shoving pre isnt bad
  • edited June 2011

I like just sticking it in pre with TT oop with these stacks

• edited June 2011
    Snap shove pre.
  • edited June 2011
    Shoving 24 bigs with TT against an UTG limper then a min-raise is usually suicide. By the time the blinds are 125/250, this prior action usually indicates someone has a massive hand (and often most of the complete newbies are gone by the time the blinds reach this level). But you know this.

I would have flatted pre (folding is just too tight). This is contrary to the way that 90% of the players on sky play, but so what?
    Having the betting lead here is potentially very valuable.
    On a ten-high flop I'd be looking to get it all in and go broke if any of the villains had a massive hand (would have gone broke same way by shoving pre so nothing lost or gained).
    On a flop with two overcards I'd just let it go.
    Now on the flop as presented, I'd have had a stab at it (not on a flop with an ace though, just give up). With 2K in the pot (after flatting pre) a bet of 1K would do it on the basis of 'no king, no call'. If you get any action, just give up then. 1,500 chips invested, about 4.4 K left to fight on with.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: How did I play this hand? What do you do different? MTT:
    Shoving 24 bigs with TT against an UTG limper then a min-raise is usually suicide. By the time the blinds are 125/250, this prior action usually indicates someone has a massive hand (and often most of the complete newbies are gone by the time the blinds reach this level). But you know this. I would have flatted pre (folding is just too tight). This is contrary to the way that 90% of the players on sky play, but so what? Having the betting lead here is potentially very valuable. On a ten-high flop I'd be looking to get it all in and go broke if any of the villains had a massive hand (would have gone broke same way by shoving pre so nothing lost or gained). On a flop with two overcards I'd just let it go. Now on the flop as presented, I'd have had a stab at it (not on a flop with an ace though, just give up). With 2K in the pot (after flatting pre) a bet of 1K would do it on the basis of 'no king, no call'. If you get any action, just give up then. 1,500 chips invested, about 4.4 K left to fight on with.
    Posted by BigBluster
    +1.  I'm likelf folding and looking for an unopened spot.  Your hand plays pretty badly vs the hands likely to be in with money invested.  I dont like it, but I'm waiting for a spot with less resistance.
  • edited June 2011
    LOL a player who has 16k in chips has limped so is obvz awful.

A player has then topped this awfulness by minraising a guy who has limped with 16k.

This is such a simple snap shove pre it doesn't even require any thought.
  • edited June 2011
    with dohs reads there is no way shoving is suicide here. You add 20% if they fold and you do ok against their calling range

Amybr, I prefer restealing with this kind of stack than opening, definitely prefer it if we are a little shallower, like 15-20BB
  • edited June 2011
    i dont like the 3bet pre - its too small given the action and stack sizes - if nothing else it invites a reshove

i'd either call or shove depending on reads and looseness of opponents

the raise on the flop just screams weakness, thats kinda why i would shove or call, you dont have a big enough stack to make a sensible flop raise and then fold so its either all going in or call and see what comes