You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Shed : The Novel

edited June 2011 in The Shed
Before I found the joys of poker a couple of years ago I was quite into my literature. As uneducated as I am I've read quite a few classics.

Even tried to write a novel a couple of times. But other things distracted me. Drink, illegal things and women basically.

So I implore The Shed to help me write one. Just leave a few Celine style ...s when you're handing the baton over.

I'll start it off;

'twas a cold night in the Nevada Desert. The strains of Elvis's "Moody Blues" drifted innocently across the desert plains (I know this is corny, it's The Shed). The beauty of Neildown's wedding dress was only offset by the sheer butchness of Hitman RV's stubble reflecting the sun of his groom's pink suit. All seemed innocent, all seemed beautifully pure. But apropos of no reason Elsadog burst into the chapel and roared,"...

Comments

• edited June 2011
    MY FLUFFY PINK HANDCUFFS WENT UP LIKE A SHOT I TELL YOU, I NO NOT TO MESS WITH THE ELSA
  • edited June 2011
    Then Elsadog pointing the gun at Hitman rv says "Right, your coming with me ,i know we've had our problems but i know we can make this work!The Harleys outside and i'll even let you drive if you want."(I'm thinking road movie!)
  • edited June 2011
    Hi all,

I have had to delete a post in this thread due to the language used.  Please do not try and circumvent the swear filter by putting asterix in place of the offending words.

Many thanks for your understanding

Steve
  • edited June 2011

.....then the mods closed down the Chapel and banned everyone at the wedding for 6 months (which means life).

THE END.
  • edited June 2011
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Quality post and sadly probably true.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: The Shed : The Novel:
    Hi all, I have had to delete a post in this thread due to the language used.  Please do not try and circumvent the swear filter by putting asterix in place of the offending words. Many thanks for your understanding Steve
    Posted by Mod_Kiwini
    PM would of done, great work as usual
  • edited June 2011
    Hi all, I have had to delete a post in this thread due to the language used.  Please do not try and circumvent the swear filter by putting asterix in place of the offending words. Many thanks for your understanding Steve
    Posted by Mod_Kiwini
    The Shed is DEAD ......... Who Killed the Shed.?
  • edited June 2011
    The post was only a direct quote from one of the most successful films of our era.

Harsh for a forum that no-one over 18 should even be on?

Your call or Sky's rules kiwini? Open to debate mate, would be interested to know.
  • edited June 2011
    The post was only a direct quote from one of the most successful films of our era. Harsh for a forum that no-one over 18 should even be on? Your call or Sky's rules kiwini? Open to debate mate, would be interested to know.
    Posted by bandini
    As "Bennydip" would say if he were here ........... You win some you lose some ......... I'm I Bovvered. ? 

"Miss that Man"! .......... and many others that fell foul of Political Correctness.!
  • edited June 2011
    The post was only a direct quote from one of the most successful films of our era. Harsh for a forum that no-one over 18 should even be on? Your call or Sky's rules kiwini? Open to debate mate, would be interested to know.
    Posted by bandini
    Hi bandini

Its Skys rules, to be honest there has been a lot of misuse of the offensive words filter by people adding letters to words or using asterix to overcome the filter and after discussions between the mods and the Sky team its been decided that we clamp down on such practices.

Steve
  • edited June 2011
    another post deleted!

I know you all stick together scouse but i'm sure kiwini could of sent that PM

Regarding my post bringing the forum into question why don't you look at Area51, we are allowed to make grown up comments about it, and we are grown ups, well i am (which part actually deserved to be deleted?)

My post was more regarding the aggression in which the mod has posted and a comment about some fulfillment he may be trying achieve
  • edited June 2011
    There is no aggression intended in Steve's post - he's carrying out Sky forum policy on swearing. What colour he chooses to post in is a little beside the point too.

Please consider what you're saying about the mods a little more carefully in future, they volunteer to look after the Community forum and are an important part of it working and existing. You might disagree with some of the decisions made, which is fine, but please do try to respect them nonetheless.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • edited June 2011
    His post stopped the thread stone dead, hence me saying a pm would of done, i understand what the mods do and how difficult it must be , i don't need this pointed out to me everytime one of them gets upset

Red bold writing does come across as aggresive and imo so does the avatar so its not beside the point either

Every regular forum poster has ended up feeling exactly the same and as a result get banned or just can't be bothered to make the effort to push keys

• edited June 2011
    Neildown,

As I said, I don't mind you disagreeing with the decisions. As for every single regular poster feeling exactly the same, they are more than welcome to PM me and let me know of their concerns about the way the site is moderated, yourself included.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • edited June 2011

Neil!....I DO understand, but honestly mate, you and me both know, that it is really not worth it.

There is a cool pint waiting for you on the house in Al's bar. Come in & chill out bud.....
  • edited June 2011
    Oh dear.  Another casualty?

Shed is dead thread gone missing.
  • edited June 2011
    Oh dear.  Another casualty? Shed is dead thread gone missing.
    Posted by achill

The thread has gone because Neil has been given a lifetime ban.

• edited June 2011
    Yes, thats what i mean't.

Which is a pity because at times he could be really funny.
  • edited June 2011
     This Novel does {not} have a happy ending please re-write.   The Wolf pack howling in the Darkness  their eye's clearly visible through the dew laden tree's waiting watching every movement a whirling eerie mist hiding their outline while waiting to pounce and devour their pray. The pack moves closer and two break cover and at lightning speed they have their pray in their jaws crushing the very life blood from the poor defenceless  .........       

Hugs "Hung"
  • edited June 2011
    and  another one and another and another one bites the dust.missing you neildown