You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i call?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I'm playing the primo, been 45ish minutes, i've got average stack, (2,600) i raise 3x UTG with JJ with the blinds at 25 50, folds round to the BB where Scotty77 shoves 1,200. if i lose i'm stranded and if i win i'm sitting pretty for the break, should i be calling? As we all know he is a regular and a very good player who wouldnt do this as a bluff.

any help would be wicked.

thanks
Sam

Comments

• edited June 2011

I dont know much about scottys range, but Im calling

• edited June 2011
    snap! with just over 20BB i think scotty is shoving 88+, AQ+ ... deffo a call! 

• edited June 2011
    He had Ace 9 suited, flops AA4 blank blank, the next hand few hands i get down to about 9 BB i shove with King 9 suited UTG+1 and get called by 2 3 suited and he flops a full house.
    withut being results orrientated should i always call?
  • edited June 2011
    a competent player is shoving wide enough here to make JJ a clear call imo
  • edited June 2011
    Maybe he has a wider range than I suggested lol, even clearer call! 
  • edited June 2011
    yea scotty will hate me for saying this but hes a fantasic player and one of the best tourny players on sky, i believe his range is VERY wide here. JJ is a +EV call v him.

Infact of all the big name tourny players theres only two i fold jacks to that i can think of off the top of my head. One is a nit the other just runs like god. Therefore imo its a call 90% of the time v most opponents.
  • edited June 2011
    cheers the don, in all farness i railed the table for a bit after to see how they got on and he was running golden, from the 2k double up i saw him in 15 minutes go up to 5k and was on fire, its just that i wasn't sure mathmatically if i should of called as i did raise UTG and i know he's an excellent player and should know i wasn't doing this with rags, in the end i was ahead pre and that was that. thanks