You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LOL....RNG???.....what are the odds of this?

edited June 2011 in Area 51

Small B/H tourney.....20 odd players left. 10 paid. One player gets AA 3 times on the bounce!!! odds on that please on a 6 max table?

Same player takes me out when I find QQ utg and he has KK!!

Can someone please tell me the odds on AA 3 times !!!! MBN.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    In Response to LOL....RNG???.....what are the odds of this?:
    Small B/H tourney.....20 odd players left. 10 paid. One player gets AA 3 times on the bounce!!! odds on that please on a 6 max table? Same player takes me out when I find QQ utg and he has KK!! Can someone please tell me the odds on AA 3 times !!!! MBN.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I think the odds of getting AA are 230/1 or there about, so the odds of getting them consecutively 3 times are about 230x230x230 which is about loads lol, but to be fair, your opponent did not hit their hands consecutively with the RNG there were probably about 230 hands between each of your table deals so he was just lucky, i got KK three times on the trot once, and did my whole stack on the 3rd one lol(no one believed i had a hand)
  • edited June 2011
    Lets look at this another way, take your next three sets of hole cards write them down, it does not matter if they are rubbish, and the odds of getting those same three sets of hole cards again in that order are the same as the AA scenario, im sure it happens a few times, its just that AA stick out like a sore thumb.
  • edited June 2011
    The odds against them holding each time is even higher.
  • edited June 2011
    There was an occasion in an EPT where Edog picked it up three times on bounce (live).  Can happen.
  • edited June 2011
    i was playing someone called 'lucky' and they hit AA followed by AA then KK. Felt like it was all about the name too LQ.
  • edited June 2011
    happened to me last week first two times no takers last time i got busted out of game. i was to shocked to make a comment at the time
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: LOL....RNG???.....what are the odds of this?:
    There was an occasion in an EPT where Edog picked it up three times on bounce (live).  Can happen.
    Posted by AMYBR
    must have been my wife shuffling lol
  • edited June 2011
    Had them 3 times on the bounce in a DYM on here once.

Have had them twice on the bounce on a live final table.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: LOL....RNG???.....what are the odds of this?:
    In Response to LOL....RNG???.....what are the odds of this? : I think the odds of getting AA are 230/1 or there about, so the odds of getting them consecutively 3 times are about 230x230x230 which is about loads lol, but to be fair, your opponent did not hit their hands consecutively with the RNG there were probably about 230 hands between each of your table deals so he was just lucky, i got KK three times on the trot once, and did my whole stack on the 3rd one lol(no one believed i had a hand)
    Posted by loonytoons
    It depends...

220:1 for a specific pocket pair

If we got AA as our previous hand then the odds against getting AA again in this hand are still 220:1. Same with the third hand - if we had AA in the previous two hands we're still looking at 220:1 against.

However, if you haven't been dealt yet and you're asking what are the odds against me being dealt AA in the next three hands then you do indeed multiply the odds.

• edited June 2011

I was once multi tabling 3 tables on here, and got the exact same hole cards on each of my tables at the same time, including the correct suits.

chances?
  • edited June 2011
    ive had jj 3 times on the bounce playing live and won every time with them .... which  is unusual