You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Yes or No question?

edited July 2011 in Area 51
Just been catching up on threads as have been busy last week or so.  When you read them in bulk it paints an odd picture.  Mainly of people venting and apologising a few days later.  People half accepting discrepencies on some aspects, while hugely deriding others.

I truly havent played a game on here for months, I have tackled a few sessions on other sites with lingering funds, and deposit a drab just to stave off boredom from time to time.

But taking everything into account: your own experiences, the experiences of others, outstanding legal issues/worries -

Do you believe that online poker is faulty, whether intentionally or unintentionally?

We are all well versed in the debate, both sides for and against.  I'm simply enquiring into peoples true belief.

I'm happy to be the first, I say Yes.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Yes or No question?:
    Just been catching up on threads as have been busy last week or so.  When you read them in bulk it paints an odd picture.  Mainly of people venting and apologising a few days later.  People half accepting discrepencies on some aspects, while hugely deriding others. I truly havent played a game on here for months, I have tackled a few sessions on other sites with lingering funds, and deposit a drab just to stave off boredom from time to time. But taking everything into account: your own experiences, the experiences of others, outstanding legal issues/worries - Do you believe that online poker is faulty, whether intentionally or unintentionally? We are all well versed in the debate, both sides for and against.  I'm simply enquiring into peoples true belief. I'm happy to be the first, I say Yes.
    Posted by AMYBR
                                                              yes

• edited June 2011
    yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
  • edited June 2011
    anyone in team 51 will tell u yes :D
  • edited June 2011
    I am suspicious about the randomness, or otherwise, of online poker. I cannot say for certain that there is something wrong but the situation is not helped at all by the total lack of transparency of the obscure regulators and RNG/site testers. Their refusal to address people's concerns and to publish statistics is very worrying.
  • edited June 2011
    Based purely on comparing what I see on this site (via TV or HH postings) with what I've seen during hundreds or possibly thousands of hours of 'live' TV poker, then I'd have to say 'No'. I've seen nothing to convince me online is any different to live.

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Yes or No question?:
    anyone in team 51 will tell u yes :D
    Posted by Crunchybob
    Yes or no?
  • edited July 2011
    My other reason for this thread was to see who had the conviction to clearly state their view.

The interesting fact is that Dave's parody of this thread has nearly 70 posts, whereas only 3 people clearly stated their view to a direct yeas or no question.

Simply meaning that there is still a lot of people who dont feel strongly either way, dont want their views known or acknowledge it is a debatable subject.

• edited July 2011
    NO :P

Missed this cuz I banned myself ;)
  • edited July 2011
  • edited July 2011
    My honest answer is I really don't know.

The logical part of me says that it's all part of the game & I can also understand the logic behind playing more hands per hour online as opposed to live. Having said that I've never played live myself so have no real basis for comparison (other than watching a bit on TV & online).

However, the last 6 months have been horrific for me on here. A couple of days after Christmas I withdrew some money from here & had around £550 left in. I played my usual games & started to run bad & lost about half of it. Looking back I saw that some of that was my own fault & I even acknowledged as much on here so took a break & came back. Since then things have got worse & worse. I'm back to playing NL4 again & on the advice of various people (& notably dudeskin) I have nitted right up on those tables & am literally only playing a very small percentage of hands. The problem I have now is that I have lost more in the past week playing that way than I had in the previous month when I played a little wider! I'm now down to less than £80 in my account & at a complete loss as to what to do next. I've been off work this week so have been taking advantage of having the house to myself to get in some serious table time. I've lost count of the number of times I've run KK into AA or Ax hands only for an ace to hit (at this point for the purpose of a fair argument, I did bink a king on one such occasion this week but it still feels like I'm running them into AA or Ax hands more often than I should, particularly being 6 max tables). Of all the times I've had aces this week on the cash tables they've held once. Part of the problem is down to some people not knowing when to fold & getting lucky. 

I had a guy on one of my tables yesterday who literally didn't have a fold button. He never raised pre but would always limp/call no matter what size raise went in. It's the first time I'd ever come across him but he sat down with £2 & left 30 minutes later £10 up!

After all that waffling I'm squarely on the fence. I've seen too many weird things go on at the tables that make me question whether all is right (albeit not intentionally) but then again my logical thought process tells me otherwise. To be honest I think that until someone can prove to me 100% either way I'm gonna remain on the fence.
  • edited July 2011
    I think many people feel this way.

BUT IT IS A YES OR NO ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL, THATS THE POINT!

I hope it turns round for you bud.

• edited July 2011
    I think many people feel this way. BUT IT IS A YES OR NO ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL, THATS THE POINT! I hope it turns round for you bud.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Personally I disagree. I don't think it HAS to be yes or no. Surely the opinion of someone who is unconvinced 100% either way is as valid & as important as someone who fights for a particular corner?

As I say, I can see logic in both arguments & at any given time I could fight for either side!
  • edited July 2011
    Oh god...... grrrr.

Yes in general its not a yes or no answer, there is much to debate on the issue. 

But this thread was designed for simplicity so that it didnt turn into a multi topic debate.  By definition, the question is asked with a Yes or NO answer in mind, that was the point!!
  • edited July 2011
    get out more AMYBR seriously,
  • edited July 2011
    get your's out more AMYBR seriously, Like I do
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

FYP
  • edited July 2011
    Oh god...... grrrr. Yes in general its not a yes or no answer, there is much to debate on the issue.  But this thread was designed for simplicity so that it didnt turn into a multi topic debate.  By definition, the question is asked with a Yes or NO answer in mind, that was the point!!
    Posted by AMYBR
    lol you should have put a not sure option. Would save you ranting at people who are not sure. 
  • edited July 2011
    Oh and I think NO. I can see a common trend here. Look at the people who think it is and the people who think its not. Not rockets science
  • edited July 2011
    Yes actually.

Seems pretty clear what the intention of the thread is, hence the vast majority of people answering a simple yes or no.

If I wanted to put a not sure category I would have.

So missing the point its beyond funny....
  • edited July 2011
    So funny it's untrue.... can't believe my eyes
  • edited July 2011
    Read the opening post, its not difficult.  It was designed for people to confirm not discuss.  Your just arguing for the sake of it.

There are tonnes of debatable threads, this was CLEARLY designed to be definitive, not debatable.

Hence people answering yes or no. Why is there always someone desperate to get their jollies by needless argument.
  • edited July 2011
    Read the opening post, its not difficult.  It was designed for people to confirm not discuss.  Your just arguing for the sake of it. There are tonnes of debatable threads, this was CLEARLY designed to be definitive, not debatable. Hence people answering yes or no. Why is there always someone desperate to get their jollies by needless argument.
    Posted by AMYBR
    if its an argument people want they could try here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM
  • edited July 2011
    How can it be definitive..... what a ridiculous and yet pointless question it was........ "faulty"......... that could cover about a million different avenues...... so no I'm afraid it cannot be answered by Yes or No, and the fact you start a thread is ridiculous.

Also, If you believe Online Poker is "faulty", why do you spend your whole day posting on an online Poker site's forum
  • edited July 2011
    It is clearly definitive.  You simply are arguing for the sake of it.

Once again, it isnt a yes or no answer in general, it is a much debatable topic.  But this particular thread WAS intended as a simple yes or no response, as opposed to the multitude of other threads where debate is standard.

As stated in OP, we all know the arguments for and against.  It was simply designed for individuals to state their definitive belief, it was pretty clear.

Yes, the word faulty was chosen with intent, to cover those many issues.  So that only people with a strong feeling either way would cast their opinion, everyone else in between saying nothing.

Again I say, you are arguing for the sake of it and simply trying to score points, where in reality you just look like a fool.  Everyone else understood the intent of this thread, yet you argue on with semantics.
  • edited July 2011
    If you havent played here for months why are you so bothered?? Maybe it's faulty, maybe it's not. Or maybe the whingers can't face the fact that they're not as good as they thought?
  • edited July 2011
    Another guy missing the point entirely.............
  • edited July 2011
    YES, but i still play because if it is, it doesn't favour anybody in-particular, i'm still happy to win money