You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Haye vs Klitschko

edited July 2011 in Betting Chat
Getting closer to the big fight! Anybody got bets on already? If not, what are people going for?
As much as I want Haye to win, I can see Klitschko sneaking it! Anybody have any tips on what to bet on though? KO, points etc? 

Comments

• edited June 2011
    haye is 6 to 4 klitscko odds on
  • edited July 2011

if it goes to points klitscko will deffo win, haye knows this.

Both are going for KO but it isnt a fight i would bet big on.

i just small bet grouped rounds haye to win 1-4  and klitscko 9-12 for amusment.
  • edited July 2011
    A turgid affair where Klitschko will wear him down by holding and leaning his substantial bulk on Haye continuously.

Klitschko on points would be my guess but I'll be having a wee dabble on Klitschko catching a tiring Haye and knocking him out in the 9th for an entertainment bet. 25/1 on here.
  • edited July 2011
    Met the same boxing geezer in pub last nite, who told me to get GOOD bet on George Groves to beat DeGale at 7-2!!

He has given me great boxing info before, and he said, Haye to edge a tite & dirty fight, with Klitch gettin frustrated by Haye's speed & movement!!

Expect Haye to go for it in Round 6, as he has said, but he reckons Klitch to weather this flurry, but be weakened to be stopped later, he calls round 9, says he is bein ambitious with that!!
     I thought that was a big word for an ex-boxer, but i never said LOL, just bought him another pint!!

GL
    The Hitman
  • edited July 2011
    fancy haye to stop him inside 4 rounds!!!
  • edited July 2011
    fancy haye to stop him inside 4 rounds!!!
  • edited July 2011
    I have first two rounds being very cage'y then the leather may start to flow, reason being when Haye fought (Valuev sorry for spelling) he didn't realise he could hurt such a big beast, but in the 12 round he rocked him badly.

Ever since that day I think he has change'd as a boxer he comes into this fight with more power muscle so my prediction will be KO 4th/5th round bring it on and come on the Haye-maker unify those belts.   
  • edited July 2011

Im really looking forward to this...

The interesting thing for me is the odds on Klitschko stoppin haye... MIN 25-1 .... So they are saying it wont happen and balance that with a 4/1 points price BUT he is odds on???

This fight will NEVER go to points (My opinion). It hinges on the workrate of Haye Rds 1-3. I hope he has watched the Samuel Peter v Wlad fight from 2005 (Peter showed a strong first 3 and dented Wlad, knocking him down 3 times only for him to get up and win
    )... If he has and he replicated that plan then I see him taking Wlad down in the 5th and keeping him down.

If this goes past RD 8 ... I can see a Wlad rd 11/12 stoppage as Haye tires and struggles for points and opens up too much, just like the Peter fight.

I go Haye Rd 5 and Wlad RD 11/12  - Quite an on the fence choice but it is such an open fight that is won or lost by Hayes early work rate and desire to take it to him early.
  • edited July 2011
    valuev is a big robot and david couldn t knock him out.klitschko is different class.i go for klitschko win on points.
  • edited July 2011
    I took Klitschko to win on points at 9/2.  I would rather Haye won but I just think it will be yet another disappointing heavyweight contest where they circle for 4 rounds and hug for the rest.

Hopefully I'm wrong and it'll be a cracker.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Haye vs Klitschko:
    I took Klitschko to win on points at 9/2.  I would rather Haye won but I just think it will be yet another disappointing heavyweight contest where they circle for 4 rounds and hug for the rest. Hopefully I'm wrong and it'll be a cracker.
    Posted by TommyD
    9/2 is a great price and great chance.vladimir has 2 much 2loose and he will controle the fight to the 12 rounds.david is allready in hollywood and haye maker anyway!!!!all about is the money .this is a great promotion for haye to make great hollywood movies.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Haye vs Klitschko : 9/2 is a great price and great chance.vladimir has 2 much 2loose and he will controle the fight to the 12 rounds.david is allready in hollywood and haye maker anyway!!!!all about is the money .this is a great promotion for haye to make great hollywood movies.
    Posted by martin111
    Just checked SkyBet, Vlad on points out to 5s
  • edited July 2011
    hmmm how can u go against Haye?

Unless you're a pro punter and betting huge amounts to make huge gains, I dont see how you can do it?

Wont it spoil your enjoyment of the fight????

^^^^ (obv only applies to patriotic English/British people) :)

• edited July 2011
    I've bet good odds stoppage in first!
    pad
  • edited July 2011
    500 profit.sweet.gl tommy d and dohhhhhhhhh u better to listen
  • edited July 2011
    A turgid affair(1) where Klitschko will wear him down(2) by holding and leaning his substantial bulk on Haye continuously(3). Klitschko on points would be my guess(4) but I'll be having a wee dabble on Klitschko catching a tiring Haye and knocking him out in the 9th for an entertainment bet. 25/1 on here(5).
    Posted by bandini
    1: Correct.

2: Correct

3: Wrong to a degree. It was more his jab.

4: Correct

5: Wrong, but a decent punt at 25/1.

All in all another insipid heavyweight fight. Congratulations on the tv companies for hyping this to be worth PPV. Very few heavyweight fights are. This was never going to be. Yaawwwnnn.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Haye vs Klitschko : I've bet good odds stoppage in first! pad
    Posted by Glenelg
    Thus speaks a man who donk-bet shoves all-in on an A high flop against AQ with 7-2 in his hand ;-)

Any chance you could give me 43 numbers that definitely won't come out in Wednesday's lottery Pad? lol

Luck of the Irish they say?

I honestly still laugh when thinking about that hand so early in a tournament. You were a £1 down for the tourney entry pal but, if it's any consolation, the laughs it gave me were priceless. I'd have been proud of it myself. I sincerely hope God loves a laugh and will recompense you shortly my friend.

• edited July 2011

Ummmmmm the bit about NEVER going to points.................. I never said that ;)       Its your imagination..... :O

• edited July 2011
    Im not complaining sky poker allowed me to watch it for free!

As much as it sounds unpatriotic, Klitschko carried himself as a human being far better before the fight and outwit Haye during the fight. It was embarassing some of the rubbish Haye came out with pre fight. 
  • edited July 2011
    hmmm how can u go against Haye? Unless you're a pro punter and betting huge amounts to make huge gains, I dont see how you can do it? Wont it spoil your enjoyment of the fight???? ^^^^ (obv only applies to patriotic English/British people) :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    That didn't spoil my enjoyment of the fight.  David Haye spoilt my enjoyment of the fight.  Anyway I bet with my head then watch stuff with my heart.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Haye vs Klitschko : That didn't spoil my enjoyment of the fight.  David Haye spoilt my enjoyment of the fight.  Anyway I bet with my head then watch stuff with my heart.
    Posted by TommyD
    +1 lol
  • edited July 2011
    So glad i didn't pay to watch this fight. It was a pretty dire affair considering these guys are supposedly at the top of the sport. I didn't like Haye much before the fight but i did respect him as a fighter, i can't even say that now. Union Jack shorts aside, David Haye proved himself to be the Celtic of the boxing world in the way he constantly looked to the referee to bail him out when he realised he wasn't up to the task.
  • edited July 2011
    Big +1 to Tommyd & bandini!!!!!!!!!!!!! well called both of you!!

Now he tells us he's had a broken toe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even more of a reason to have had a proper POP at him early!!

What a waste of time & money....err maybe not how much did haye earn!!!

Defo what a waste of windbag tho, only good fight last year or so been Groves v DeGale !!

The Heavyweights are making a mockery of Boxing, Even i would fancy me chances and am givin away 14" & Halfa stone to them.....lol
  • edited July 2011
    He has asked for a re-match now, I think Dr steelhammer may tell him to stick his re-match up his A-rsss. Broken toe if he wasn't right he should have called the fight off but yes very disappointed in the way he fought, tried to do a Valuev type fight but those tactic's will never work against a fast jab.   
  • edited July 2011
    I was the original poster for clarification ..
    I went for Haye to knock him out rounds 4-6, how horribly wrong I was.
    I had to back haye though, i thought klitschko would win but i couldn't back against haye!
    Klitschko outclassed him and clearly deserved to win
    Shipdchips, Haye couldn't have really pulled out, like he said, this fight has been delayed and delayed for months, for him to pull out would be an embarrassment, I also think it's good he didn't mention it pre-fight, that way Klitschko couldn't work with the fact he has a bad foot, (obviously it wouldn't have mattered) 
  • edited July 2011
    I bet on wlad to win on points after reading tommyd's post so ty haha
  • edited July 2011
    I bet on wlad to win on points after reading tommyd's post so ty haha
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    +1lol