You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Film thread

edited July 2011 in The Shed
We're due one. And I'm running out of inspiration for my lovefilm account. Been watching Asian films for yonks but think I've seen the bulk of the good ones now.

So English speaking ones?

Ones I've seen recently;

Black Swan : Very good. Ballet not really my scene. But I love Tchaikovsky (honestly) and thought it was hugely better than a lot I've seen from Hollywood of late.

Neds : Hmmm. Not bad, decent for Britain. And I can relate to bits of it. And good ending. Certainly seen worse.

Have The Fighter ordered.

Anything else I've missed? Hartigan? Sky Poker's film expert Orford?

Anyone got a copy of The Human Centipede 2? lol, don't even want to se it.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Oh yeah, and one I missed but caught recently.

V for Vendetta. Thought it was brilliant.
  • edited June 2011
    Lincoln Lawyer is worth a watch
  • edited June 2011
    I too saw Black Swan the other night and liked it, and you can't beat a bit of Tchaikovsky now and again!

Watched Akira again last night for the upteenth time, what a superb film it is that works on many levels.

I have been looking around for more European/World cinema films to watch; does anyone know of a good source of reviews of the best of these films to look out for? I am utterly fed up of Hollywood and all its CGI-noplot inspired drivel and only watch a small handfull of films from there now so am looking for a new source of great movies to try to see.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Film thread:
    I too saw Black Swan the other night and liked it, and you can't beat a bit of Tchaikovsky now and again! Watched Akira again last night for the upteenth time, what a superb film it is that works on many levels. I have been looking around for more European/World cinema films to watch; does anyone know of a good source of reviews of the best of these films to look out for? I am utterly fed up of Hollywood and all its CGI-noplot inspired drivel and only watch a small handfull of films from there now so am looking for a new source of great movies to try to see.
    Posted by SALT1R3
    Will catch it. Never heard of it before.

Park Chan-wook's vengeance trilogy is pretty much the best films I've ever seen mate. Trust me on that one.
  • edited June 2011
    Lincoln Lawyer is worth a watch
    Posted by Neildown
    lovefilmed. cheers. You pervert scourge of the The Shed, lol, ;-)
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Film thread : Will catch it. Never heard of it before. Park Chan-wook's vengeance trilogy is pretty much the best films I've ever seen mate. Trust me on that one.
    Posted by bandini
    Yeah my mum watched them and liked them, I haven't got round to watching them as yet but plan to soon for sure!
  • edited July 2011
    Both Mesrine (french) movies are top drawer crime epics.
    I saw the devil (Korean) gets the blood pumping
    The Town (Ben Afleck) Great movie
    Winters bone is pretty harrowing but well worth a watch
    Animal Kingdom is an absolute quality Australian Gem

• edited July 2011
    Volver is one of the best films i've ever seen but i guess you've done Spain.