You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

4th hand of the night

edited June 2011 in Area 51
and off we go again. Laughable.
33bones33 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £2.40
4pack Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £4.38
  Your hole cards
  • A

RED_TAFFY Call  £0.10 £0.25 £8.01
cocos Call  £0.10 £0.35 £4.00
SenorJack Fold     
Seagull158 Call  £0.10 £0.45 £10.22
33bones33 Call  £0.05 £0.50 £2.35
4pack Check     
Flop

• J

33bones33 Check     
4pack Bet  £0.10 £0.60 £4.28
RED_TAFFY Call  £0.10 £0.70 £7.91
cocos Call  £0.10 £0.80 £3.90
Seagull158 Call  £0.10 £0.90 £10.12
33bones33 Fold     
Turn

4pack Bet  £0.10 £1.00 £4.18
RED_TAFFY Fold     
cocos Call  £0.10 £1.10 £3.80
Seagull158 Raise  £0.40 £1.50 £9.72
4pack Call  £0.30 £1.80 £3.88
cocos Call  £0.30 £2.10 £3.50
River

• J

4pack Check     
cocos Bet  £0.10 £2.20 £3.40
Seagull158 Raise  £1.20 £3.40 £8.52
4pack Fold     
cocos All-in  £3.40 £6.80 £0.00
Seagull158 Call  £2.30 £9.10 £6.22
cocos Show

Seagull158 Show
  • A

cocos Win Full House, 7s and Jacks £8.41  £8.41

Comments

• edited June 2011
    standard, its not even a bad beat

Personally I either raise or fold on button with A6s. Your turn sizing is horrible
  • edited June 2011
    thats about right for sky.. same as your AA against KK always losing..

or any bigger pair against smaller pair losing
  • edited June 2011
    betting 40p when u have the nut flush is stupid, bet more and he would of probably folded.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: 4th hand of the night:
    betting 40p when u have the nut flush is stupid, bet more and he would of probably folded.
    Posted by Crunchybob
    This hand, that player and with that stack - fold anytime after the flop? Not in a million years.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: 4th hand of the night : This hand, that player and with that stack - fold anytime after the flop? Not in a million years.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Agreed. i forgot we were on sky lol
  • edited June 2011

Again not done too much wrong on flop or turn - despite the cliches trotted out.  I think this is just a guy who played the river cleverly and enticed the raise.  The fact he didnt reraise the turn when the flush was out but did on the river when it paired normally suggests a full house.

What betting bigger would have done on the turn though would perhaps allow you to feel you had enough value for your nut flush on a paired board and hence check down or just call small bet on river.

When you are getting rivered by a flush or straight with top pair then listen to advice about your bet sizing but when it's nut flush v house just accept it's a cooler, though it won't stop the cliches being trotted out anyway.

• edited June 2011
    Posted by Crunchybob
    I didnt want him to fold! I had the nut flush on a dry board. I wanted to keep my customer!
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: 4th hand of the night : I didnt want him to fold! I had the nut flush on a dry board. I wanted to keep my customer!
    Posted by Seagull158
    Great point mate - like I say the only thing I think you did wrong was reraising the river certainly by that much once it's paired.  You should prob went for you 40p again and that would stop you getting rr too much by possible houses and also maybe get 2 calls from marginal hands as you successfully did on the turn.

The point of pricing people out is to give marginal hands the wrong price to call - in this instance you want a call from the marginals to if you bet the pot you make them fold and lose value imo
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by Crunchybob
    This is possibly the worst advice comment I have seen on here.  Think about it.  The 2nd part of the sentence after the comma disproves your claim from the 1st part. 
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: 4th hand of the night : This is possibly the sworst advice comment. I have seen.  Think about it.  The 2nd part of the sentence after the comma disproves your claim from the 1st part. 
    Posted by AyrGraeme
    Ok obv he dont want him to fold, but why bet 40p when u have the nut flush, even if he didnt hit, ur still not going to get paid much on hands u do win, if this is truly how u play.

by betting less ur giving the oppo the chance to hit draws.

edit: no doubt the oppo actually knew u had the flush, but his willingness to take a risk to see if he can convert to a full house for only 40p paid off...bet more he may of folded, id rather win a small pot than lose a big one. id shove the turn if he calls and u lose then so be it, least u wudnt of give him correct odds to call and it would of been bad play on his part.
  • edited June 2011
    bet turn bigger because:

lots of worse hands call a bigger bet
    we have the nuts, and there is still 4Xpot behind
    there are a significant number of cards which may kill our action
    lots of hands call on turn that may not call on river
    we are giving a set correct odds to call

we definitely dont want a fold on the turn, and yes the hand is pretty much a cooler
  • edited June 2011
    If you dont sense that theres a reasonable likelyhood you've gone behind on the river you may need to reassess your game, especially 4 to a flop.

Hate villans line btw.  This is kind of standard though, what do you expect to see him turn over at showdown after river action?
  • edited June 2011

Is anyone honestly saying that seagull158 should not double the player up on the river?????????

What about lower flushes straights and trip jack hands?
  • edited June 2011
    Raise pre, C-bet flop. Get all moniez in on the turn when your ahead. Sigh when he pairs the board.
  • edited June 2011
    no way you can fold river getting 3/1 against anyone who plays their hand like this. He can do this with Jx, worse flushes maybe even wider