You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What is it with high connectors

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Having had a seriously bad night at everything I usually play, no matter what I do there is with no difference,  I am asking the question as to why any high suit or unsuited connectors above a jack loose a hand for me in every tournament I have played this evening. This is no matter whether its ace queen and/or especially king jack or king queen.  I usually raise 3 -4 times the big blind, either raise on the flop half or pot size but either never hit or have pkts that hit EVERY time.  Now I can understand the laws of physics that this will happen on the odd occasion, but pray tell me that odds are that it happens every time because it don't.  Tonight this has happened to me every time.  I usually win more than I loose, and go away with my bankroll accumalating, even if its only by ten or twenty pounds.  Tonight I have lost over half my bankroll believing that I couldn't possibly be rivered for that miracle card every time, but I have... Any suggestions other than NOT play these cards?

Comments

• edited June 2011
  • edited June 2011
    high conectors are very good hands to get lots of chips with when they hit big but if they dont hit the straight or the flush what do you have , you cannot bet  strongly as you onlt have a pair or high card which is often dominated , and by not being able to bet confidently  and high enough people will come along with all sorts of draws and may well be beating you anyway, unless your in good positiopn and have a large stack throw them away or only call if your in the blinds if they dont hit big throw them away then, good luckIn Response to What is it with high connectors:
    Having had a seriously bad night at everything I usually play, no matter what I do there is with no difference,  I am asking the question as to why any high suit or unsuited connectors above a jack loose a hand for me in every tournament I have played this evening. This is no matter whether its ace queen and/or especially king jack or king queen.  I usually raise 3 -4 times the big blind, either raise on the flop half or pot size but either never hit or have pkts that hit EVERY time.  Now I can understand the laws of physics that this will happen on the odd occasion, but pray tell me that odds are that it happens every time because it don't.  Tonight this has happened to me every time.  I usually win more than I loose, and go away with my bankroll accumalating, even if its only by ten or twenty pounds.  Tonight I have lost over half my bankroll believing that I couldn't possibly be rivered for that miracle card every time, but I have... Any suggestions other than NOT play these cards?
    Posted by GLDLADYLUC
  • edited June 2011
    like you say most of the time you win so perhaps the percentages are just balencing themselves out
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: What is it with high connectors:
    high conectors are very good hands to get lots of chips with when they hit big but if they dont hit the straight or the flush what do you have , you cannot bet  strongly as you onlt have a pair or high card which is often dominated , and by not being able to bet confidently  and high enough people will come along with all sorts of draws and may well be beating you anyway, unless your in good positiopn and have a large stack throw them away or only call if your in the blinds if they dont hit big throw them away then, good luckIn Response to What is it with high connectors :
    Posted by bustout44
    Thanks very  much for this advice, I did have a seriously bad run that night and took a few days sabbatical off the poker site.  Smile.  Well its worked wonders, and in future will keep your advice in mind... A x