You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Correct fold with aces?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Wacko90 Small blind   £0.20 £0.20 £51.21 Red_Rob Big blind   £0.40 £0.60 £41.13   Your hole cards A A       richtea Fold         JimiAls1 Fold         CrazyBen23 Fold         Bergman Raise   £1.20 £1.80 £41.64 Wacko90 Raise   £2.60 £4.40 £48.61 Red_Rob Fold         Bergman Call   £1.60 £6.00 £40.04 Flop     7 10 10       Wacko90 Bet   £3.00 £9.00 £45.61 Bergman Raise   £9.00 £18.00 £31.04 Wacko90 Call   £6.00 £24.00 £39.61 Turn     6       Wacko90 Check         Bergman Bet   £24.00 £48.00 £7.04 Wacko90 Fold         Bergman Muck         Bergman Win   £22.80   £29.84 Bergman Return   £24.00 £1.20 £53.84 Didn't really have any reads on the opponent he was fairly tight though. Thought my re raise pre should of been bigger. Also thought my call of the re raise on the flop was pointless as i folded the turn when a nothing card came :) Was it a good fold though?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Ive got him marked as a tight player mate but he could easily have qq or kk there so i think im calling in that pos
  • edited June 2011
    raise a lot bigger pre, I make it $4 here

I bet a little more on flop also

I prob just get it in on flop as I cant see him raise/folding this board almost ever. I would think nearly all hands he raise folds give up on turn anyway

Shove turn, if hes tight his range that beats us is tiny unless you have some read he never does this with overpairs and doesnt ever barrell his fds on a blank after c/r flop

In general I wouldnt be folding AA in 3bet pots without a very good read and a very bad board unless you are  a good bit deeper than this
  • edited June 2011
    Yh raise bigger £2.60 is bizzare, at least £3.60.

£4.50 on flop, probably just call and let him bluff off on turn.
  • edited June 2011
    Okay guys so looking at this hand what do you think he has?

Looking at the hand if he has KK or QQ here he 4bets pre flop surely? At least this was my thought, so i didnt have him on a big overpair purely because of his preflop play. I knew he was fairly tight so i couldnt see him bluffing off his stack. Had to put him on a 10 or 66 or 77 here.
  • edited June 2011
    TT 1 combo
    77 3combos, mighnt always call a 3bet pre with it if hes tight
    66 3 combos  and highly unlikely

KK,QQ wont always 4bet. he can be overplaying JJ, maybe even worse pps if hes bad ,semi bluffing with KhQh etc, he might be outright bluffing though thats probably unlikely. If you put 1 overpair in his range its a clear call
  • edited June 2011
    pre has to be bigger out of position imo
    flop bet and call is fine
    think i'd probz call turn bet after a relatively blank card comes off
    i'd probz also call a river bet if flush draw doesn't hit
    but this is player dependent, with no reads i think i have to c/c through the streets if no heart appears, don't think raising at any point is good
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Correct fold with aces?:
    pre has to be bigger out of position imo flop bet and call is fine think i'd probz call turn bet after a relatively blank card comes off i'd probz also call a river bet if flush draw doesn't hit but this is player dependent, with no reads i think i have to c/c through the streets if no heart appears, don't think raising at any point is good
    Posted by percival09
    Once we call turn we are pot committed,cant fold no matter what river
    Why is raising at any stage not good?
    What hand do you expect villain to raise/fold on flop that will fire turn if we flat? Or to b/f turn with those stacks?
  • edited June 2011
    Grantorino i dont think thats all we can put him on there. For a start hes raised on the button this could essentially be two suited connecters, or hands like KJ or J10 QJ etc. My preflop raise has just priced him in with any 2, hes not folding any 2 cards to that re raise. So putting him on such a narrow range is wrong imo.
  • edited June 2011
    Grantorino i dont think thats all we can put him on there. For a start hes raised on the button this could essentially be two suited connecters, or hands like KJ or J10 QJ etc. My preflop raise has just priced him in with any 2, hes not folding any 2 cards to that re raise. So putting him on such a narrow range is wrong imo.
    Posted by Wacko90
    Make up your mind, you had him on boats or better a few posts up. I'd certainly find it hard to give him a range that makes this a fold
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Correct fold with aces? : Make up your mind, you had him on boats or better a few posts up. I'd certainly find it hard to give him a range that makes this a fold
    Posted by grantorino
    Waht do you mean make up your mind i was merely saying that you cant just put him on the hands you suggested :) personally i think he had me but your probably right :)
  • edited June 2011

If he is tight you would of removed the ten from his range with a higher 3 bet pre and then shove flop. Personally it looks like an overpair he wouldn't be going crazy with a house that early but jj qq kk he would want you off the hand with a paired board. I would 100% shove the flop here if the raise pre was £3.60 + i wouldn't bother flat calling and risking a cheaper turn because in my mind if he hits he wins so get his money in whilst your ahead