You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Not sure about my play here on every street?

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Not sure about this hand, it is a bad call on river, but I think every decision is marginal and I think I made the wrong one each time. Heres my thinking?

Pre - Player A is agro and am prepared to come back over the top of his original re-raise, player b getting involved confuses matters. Player B is agro also, but very solid not sure what he has normally, but likely to be setmining (which makes my play later even worse)

Flop - check to original rerasier, if he bets and B folds once again prepared to rr, when he checks I think I'm good, obviously still worried about B though

Turn - Lead out by B is a real pain, but doesn't give much clue, could be Ax, flush draw, 2 pair or set, but possibly still ahead, but not sure enough to raise so flat

River - Immediate thought is busted flush, hence call but set makes absolute sense too as does 2 pair, think I should have folded but just couldn't help myself.

Thoughts please?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
B Small blind   £0.20 £0.20 £44.60
SHANKS474 Big blind   £0.40 £0.60 £29.97
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

mattless Raise   £1.20 £1.80 £46.96
Red_Rob Fold        
A Raise   £4.40 £6.20 £15.96
Neiller Fold        
B Call   £4.20 £10.40 £40.40
SHANKS474 Fold        
mattless Call   £3.20 £13.60 £43.76
Flop

• A

B Check        
mattless Check        
A Check        
Turn

B Bet   £10.20 £23.80 £30.20
mattless Call   £10.20 £34.00 £33.56
A Fold        
River

B All-in   £30.20 £64.20 £0.00
mattless Call   £30.20 £94.40 £3.36
B Show

mattless Show
  • Q
  • A

B Win Three 7s £92.60   £92.60

Comments

• edited June 2011
    The cold three bet call should tell you that you're behind pre flop(which you are), but if you're gonna continue you should be four betting here aware that it pot commits you. I'm folding pre BTW.
  • edited June 2011
    agree with mohican if you want to go further with this hand im 4 betting pre trying to get the lot in if you are confident with the hand when th all spade flop comes and even when you hit the ace i personally would not be confident at all that im ahead especially when 2 have come along pre, when the £10.20 bet comes on the turn im insta folding as theres so much there that beating you and you are really relying on the A with no spade to be good,but i suppose once he then shoves the river you are confident you have the best hand.... overall if you were gonna play it re pop it pre to get rid of at least one that called if not both
  • edited June 2011
    with your reads on villain A I think its a clear 4b/c pre.

If I call pre I generally intend stacking off with top pair.
    I hate folding TP in 3bet pots, but maybe you can fold river here if you are pretty confident villain doesnt play worse As this way
  • edited June 2011
    I would personally fold pre i wouldn't 4 bet on table posistion, Once flatted i would fold the turn as on your reads you have to credit him with a possible set or a better A once called you have to call river but think the turn was the fold point here
  • edited June 2011

dont see how you can flat AQ in a 3bet pot flop an A and fold to a single bet

• edited June 2011
    fold pre / 4betting is fine but i just fold
    as played think youve done fine, maybe get away on river because villain probz isnt doing this with any worse than AQ