You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

do i have to stack off here??

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Power_of_9 Sit out     
weegeomac Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.99
riverya Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.23
  Your hole cards
  • A

danny101 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.86
weegeomac Call  £0.02 £0.12 £3.97
riverya Raise  £0.04 £0.16 £4.19
danny101 Call  £0.04 £0.20 £3.82
weegeomac Call  £0.04 £0.24 £3.93
Flop

• A

weegeomac Check     
riverya Bet  £0.08 £0.32 £4.11
danny101 Raise  £0.28 £0.60 £3.54
weegeomac Fold     
riverya Raise  £0.40 £1.00 £3.71
danny101 All-in  £3.54 £4.54 £0.00
riverya Call  £3.34 £7.88 £0.37
riverya Show
  • A

danny101 Show
  • A

Turn

• J

River

riverya Win Two Pairs, Aces and 5s £7.28  £7.65

Comments

• edited June 2011
    simplest advice in the world. fold pre save the desison
  • edited June 2011
    I dont mind the call pre in cash.  Stacking off is player dependant.  Would he 3bet with Apic?  If so yes, if not, no.

Dont really understand the 4bet jam though
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: do i have to stack off here??:
    Posted by The_Don90
    Fold a5 suited 3 handed? Thats far far too weak. as played i'm all in on that flop at 4nl as well.
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by The_Don90
    Simplest advice in the world, if you're gona play this hand on the button in an unopened pot, raise.
  • edited June 2011

Don't fold a suited ace PF, on the button, in an unopened pot.... but don't limp it.

Going broke on the flop is fine..... as played the opponent can have plenty of hands you are beating...  AK / AQ / A2 / A3 or a flush draw etc....

• edited June 2011
    openraise pre

I would never fold flop
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: do i have to stack off here?? : Simplest advice in the world, if you're gona play this hand on the button in an unopened pot, raise.
    Posted by Mohican
    id usually agree with a number of the posts here about not folding A4 here but remember these NL4 guys just wont fold anything that we can beaqt. And post flop it gets tricky unless we fop our flush. Therefore i think folding i better at this level.
  • edited June 2011
    Snap fold pre for me, others say raise but from my experiance I click the check/fold button the second I see the hand saves a lot of hassle when post flop you're gonna have to cbet a lot with air and also can't get stacks in on Ace high flops like AK/AQ/AJ, flush draws may be flopped but very rarely.

This hand is just a cooler with that flop.
  • edited June 2011
    If your going to play a4 suited then ur hoping to either hit a flush or 2 pair.

u get the 2 pair on the flop..how can u not stack it off here??? u obv think ur ahead at this point.

u were just ul..by sky bringing down an action flop.

for the record id fold pre. but im too nitty.
  • edited June 2011
    raise pre

bet / stack off on flop

also fwiw obv we dnt always nd2 hit 2pr/flush to win the hand
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: do i have to stack off here?? : id usually agree with a number of the posts here about not folding A4 here but remember these NL4 guys just wont fold anything that we can beaqt. And post flop it gets tricky unless we fop our flush. Therefore i think folding i better at this level.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Don't disagree with folding but if you'rre gonna play it in this spot a raise is a far better option than limping in???
  • edited June 2011
    i'd open button, then Vbet, Vbet, Vbet and call any shove, just UL
  • edited June 2011
    Yes you do you shouldn't be folding pre in an un opened pot regardless of levels. If you start folding that here when you move up the levels your going back down sooner than later, the flop is a horrible you can consider folding but i would be betting every card then snapping any shove so in answer to your question yes you do.
  • edited June 2011
    Raise pre 20p, mainly cos its 3 handed and we have position aswell with a suited ace

bet and stack of on flop never getting away once flopped 2 pair
  • edited June 2011
    I raise pre, (definetly dont fold the button)
    i usually would go broke on the flop unless i have notes on the player, he could easily of limped with a low PP and floppped a set, its player dependant, i go broke and reload, UL

• edited June 2011
    Fine. 3-handed, on the button. Should be a raise if your gonna play the hand. After that, it plays itself. Your hoping to hit 2 pair or a flush with this hand but its a perfect spot to squeeze pre flop. Dont mind getting it in on this flop, has to be good more than 50% of the time so it has to be profitable.