You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Points

Would it be possible to change the points system so you can buy into more things with your points than just a couple of freerolls? What about having a store where you can buy a Sky Poker chip set or maybe a T shirt, a cash game gft voucher, or entry into a decent tournament. You could perhaps implement a "steps" scheme like on the other big sites where you can play for bigger buy-ins and advance to better  tournaments.

Many thanks,
5ocrates

Comments

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Sky Points:
    Would it be possible to change the points system so you can buy into more things with your points than just a couple of freerolls? What about having a store where you can buy a Sky Poker chip set or maybe a T shirt, a cash game gft voucher, or entry into a decent tournament. You could perhaps implement a "steps" scheme like on the other big sites where you can play for bigger buy-ins and advance to better  tournaments. Many thanks, 5ocrates
    Posted by 5ocrates
    this has been suggested many times my friend. but always seems to fall on deaf  ears.i would also like to see some kind of progression freeroll for bigger things instead of playin 2 hours or more to win 30p.
  • edited June 2011
    sorry if i was flogging a dead horse then.

I have 24000 points and its like I cant do nothing with them except play a freeroll. I should imagine 24000 points its worth maybe 100-200£
  • edited June 2011
    The last 2 years have had Viva Las Vegas entries using the points

Rosjim1 made a VLV final through points and was very unlucky not to bink a Vegas package using points.

Keep them for next year's VLV

Dave
  • edited June 2011
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the sugestion. Like kb245 says, it has been mentioned before. I do like the "Poker Store" idea though with the chance to purchase memorabelia with your points. I will pass this onto the suits and see if it is something we can do.

I presume you are all taking advantage of the Cash for Points promotion as well?

I would imagine we will be running the Vegas Points Fest again next year as well if you can hang onto them.

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited June 2011

Hi Jordan,

Yes I am taking advantage of the cash for points but they appear to be completely separate from the points I am speaking of?

Would very much like more options with my "sky points".

Thanks for your time,
    5ocrates

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Points:
    Hi Jordan, Yes I am taking advantage of the cash for points but they appear to be completely separate from the points I am speaking of? Would very much like more options with my "sky points". Thanks for your time, 5ocrates
    Posted by 5ocrates
    this happens every time.when somebody asks how they can spend their poker points.somebody comes on and talks about cash for points.do you not think this is confusing especially for new people. i think it is time to come up with a new name to differentiate between these points and what you can or cannot do with them.simply putting them in a different place on your account  page and calling them both poker points does not help at all.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Points:
    In Response to Re: Sky Points : this happens every time.when somebody asks how they can spend their poker points.somebody comes on and talks about cash for points.do you not think this is confusing especially for new people. i think it is time to come up with a new name to differentiate between these points and what you can or cannot do with them.simply putting them in a different place on your account  page and calling them both poker points does not help at all.
    Posted by kb245
    .................+10000...................the most talked about and confusing thing on here......I'd like a penny for every posting on this subject.